Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The truth hurts doesn't it?

How about being right about something before telling someone to stfu
Hurts? Lol. No man, Im just not getting into another facilities debate with the last of the "our 1980s facilities are good enough" dinosaurs. Hell, even Fooley admits how bad he goatfvkked that.

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
flavor of the month not hardly, Muschamp and butter, i'm sure we had a bidding war to get them

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Coach, have you ever considered the possibility that fan message boards are not for you?
quite the contrary, I find yanking the chains of hysterics, pontificating so predictably about my passion, a mission and very therapeutic. And I know I can always count on a comment from you like the one you posted above..............Much like the Tenerseee fan base booing their team at half time and NOW ready to anoint them the new God's of Hillbilly heaven, I realize many of our fan base here will react the same way depending on the actual millisecond of the day and what the score was..............But dont hesitate to be wrong again............you excel at it so well..............;)

Last edited:

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My .02

Ol' Yeller seems to be more AD than coach. I didn't get the hire and I really don't like the guy. Unfortunately we're stuck with the salary so since he's so good at getting facilities, make him AD and hire a real football coach.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hurts? Lol. No man, Im just not getting into another facilities debate with the last of the "our 1980s facilities are good enough" dinosaurs. Hell, even Fooley admits how bad he goatfvkked that.
I don't disagree but step up to the plate. This discussion was about OPM remember.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The problem is that we are WAY TOO CHEAP to pay a proven coach at the highest level right out of the box, hence why we did not even consider Jim Harbaugh (would not have gotten him anyway). but since we can play hypotheticals, my first choice is someone who understands GAME MANAGEMENT!!!!!! So that eliminates probably everyone, but if I had a wish list I would start with David Shaw. Not going to happen.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This thread is the very reason why other fan bases make fun of us. We act like we created football. Remember this:

1. We ran SOS out of town with our expectations. The year before he left, we crucified him because he lost 4 game.

2. One of the two best coaches in college football today left because of our expectations. He couldn't handle them.

3. What we were left with were the Zooks and Muschamps of the coching world. Guys that wanted a chance but weren't ready for the head coaching job.

4. What has Mac done so far?
Won 2 NC with Saban. You never saw Saban go after him like he did with Kiffin.
Won 10 games at CSU. Ask Bobo if that is an easy thing to do.
Won 10 games and the SEC East in his first year at UF. He had no line, A QB for half a season. Ask Butch Jones how easy that is.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We act like we created football.
IT'S PUMPER TIME!!!!

Actually self-loathing, we-deserve-to-lose pumper to describe this version accurately.

By Tuesday, we will be penciled in for the NCG again. That's about how long it takes the Pumpers to regroup.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
This thread is the very reason why other fan bases make fun of us. We act like we created football. Remember this:

1. We ran SOS out of town with our expectations. The year before he left, we crucified him because he lost 4 game.

2. One of the two best coaches in college football today left because of our expectations. He couldn't handle them.

3. What we were left with were the Zooks and Muschamps of the coching world. Guys that wanted a chance but weren't ready for the head coaching job.

Won 10 games and the SEC East in his first year at UF. He had no line, A QB for half a season. Ask Butch Jones how easy that is.
I'm sorry, but this is a bullsh*t story. SOS left for the richest coaching contract anyone had ever been offered at the time along with the challenge of the NFL. Meyer left because he was having a nervous breakdown amid an affair.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014

My god man, where did this crap come from. Our expectations are the same as every other fan base that actually expects to compete. LSU just FIRED their coach and USCe is ready fire chump already. If we had won yesterday you can damn well bet Jones's arse would be in hot water and on his last leg. Nobody ran SOS anywhere except maybe Foley and his BS. That FSU game when it was clear that the DT was trying to hurt one of our players and SOS wanted something done......remember that? He got NO help from Foley. I won't even bother to address the Meyer situation but your just way off base. You think it's just a coincidence that SOS comes back just as Foley is leaving?

I'm not ready to fire Mac yet either but he better get this crap fixed and quick. Start recruiting like he thinks it matter because it does and tell Nuss to get his tail back in the box and score as many points as possible no matter the score.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014

Amazing two dislikes when you hit the fckn nail on the head with a sledge hammer..............Facts are nasty to the haters...........Homer is the man! And then the predictable BS of you are a pumper happy with mediocrity is now the narrative............Of course we need a new coach now forgetting the damn magical act he performed the first year...........................this is what I hear in here
images
I WANT IT AND WANT IT NOW CAUSE I DESERVE IT.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Amazing two dislikes when you hit the fckn nail on the head with a sledge hammer..............Facts are nasty to the haters...........Homer is the man! And then the predictable BS of you are a pumper happy with mediocrity is now the narrative............Of course we need a new coach now forgetting the damn magical act he performed the first year...........................this is what I hear in here
images
I WANT IT AND WANT IT NOW CAUSE I DESERVE IT.

I want Foley out of the decision making process. The guy is washed up and can't pick a decent football coach. Four straight blow outs to ranked teams. Make your excuses. I'm sure you have a million of them but but but he won the worst East ever. He won ten games. 1-5 vs ranked teams. 3-4 over his last 7. The guy is in over his head. When he's 3 deep at every offensive position with Heisman RBs he can call some plays. Since he can't recruit for ****...he's a poor man's Richt. Start the countdown because he will be fired after next seasons 7-5 record. He beats up on tomato cans then gets worked when playing teams with talent.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I appreciate your civility Rex. He is my coach has coached just one season and 4 games............That will never be enough to pull the trigger for me. You might be right. But the lightning in a bottle with Urban and SOS is just so far from the norm you cannot apply that to Mac. We will just disagree.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I want Foley out of the decision making process. The guy is washed up and can't pick a decent football coach. Four straight blow outs to ranked teams. Make your excuses. I'm sure you have a million of them but but but he won the worst East ever. He won ten games. 1-5 vs ranked teams. 3-4 over his last 7. The guy is in over his head. When he's 3 deep at every offensive position with Heisman RBs he can call some plays. Since he can't recruit for ****...he's a poor man's Richt. Start the countdown because he will be fired after next seasons 7-5 record. He beats up on tomato cans then gets worked when playing teams with talent.

Fresh new information. Love hearing new things.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I appreciate your civility Rex. He is my coach has coached just one season and 4 games............That will never be enough to pull the trigger for me. You might be right. But the lightning in a bottle with Urban and SOS is just so far from the norm you cannot apply that to Mac. We will just disagree.
But if we know that the lightening in the bottle we had with those 2 coaches why settle for less?

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mac leads us to a 10 win season last year with a bunch of fresh out of high school players on offense and a solid defense and no kicker and wins the east.... we lose 1 game this year and bang time to replace him. Our fan base is pathetic. We lost. It happens. The way it happened was awful and it is completely on the coaches for the conservative playcalling in the second half but that does not mean the coach gets fired. It's a lesson learned for them, never play not to lose, always play to win. We will be just fine.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Mac leads us to a 10 win season last year with a bunch of fresh out of high school players on offense and a solid defense and no kicker and wins the east.... we lose 1 game this year and bang time to replace him. Our fan base is pathetic. We lost. It happens. The way it happened was awful and it is completely on the coaches for the conservative playcalling in the second half but that does not mean the coach gets fired. It's a lesson learned for them, never play not to lose, always play to win. We will be just fine.
Maybe we can stop hiring coaches that are still learning the basics. We will not be fine with Mac at the helm. He's not good enough.

We will hear that "but he won ten games" crap till the day he's fired and probably afterward by the pumpers.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe we can stop hiring coaches that are still learning the basics. We will not be fine with Mac at the helm. He's not good enough.

You may be right, but we can't determine that until he has more than one recruiting class in and gets more than a season and 1/3. He made a bad mistake yesterday. He can learn from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.