Will Grier suspended rest of season for taking PEDs

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
And so it begins. Posted on a "friend's" fb.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n295968 said:
You can watch that press conference and tell me that is for sure a kid that just made a mistake? He's guilty as hell, he knows it, and got caught.

Look, I think Grier is a great QB...could have been one of the better ones we've had in this school. But I'm hard pressed to believe Will Grier just took this on "accident."

he looked like a kid that made a mistake, was very dejected and could barely stand up there. I'm sure he feels horrible and struggled telling his teammates just like he did standing in front of the media. Its life and he will probably learn a major lesson. The crime itself is petty but if you did not think he was remorseful by his body language during that pressed idk what to tell you

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n296046 said:
I've heard reports of an appeal. Anyone know anything about this process or the likelihood of it getting reduced so that he could at least come back next year and not miss the first 5-6 games. Also, does the suspension mean he can't practice?

Mac said in his presser that he CAN practice, just cannot play. There will be an appeal by UAA's attorneys - it's possible that if the appeal is won, he will be able to play again next year, from the start. Of course, we just don't know what Treon can do at this point. He could possibly do well enough to make Will 2nd going into next year.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
heavychevy;n296056 said:
anyone realize this stuff is $190 per gram?

I don't have any way of confirming this, but I'm pretty sure the Griers are loaded.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm about to get on a flight to go to Italy for two weeks and decided to check in at GC before I take off.......
i can't believe my eyes!!!!!!

i hear this stuff is in flu meds, didn't he have the flu?

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
heavychevy;n296056 said:

holy ****!

yeah. he knew what he was doing.

i wonder if the back injury last year slowed down his weight training/weight gain track during the redshirt season. he was underweight going into a playing year and too desperate to get an edge.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
TheDouglas78;n296044 said:
No one to blame but himself. The trainers are there to test that kind of stuff for the players. What would it have hurt for him to have it tested.
My cousin played for FSU about 15 years ago. He did roids when he was there. He graduated HS as 180lb. QB and was a 220 outside LB after a year there. He said the medical staff had the stuff by the buckets full whenever he needed them.

Again, if you guys think Grier was on his own doing this you're smoking crack. They've help him do whatever he can do to get his weight up over the past year and a half. The NCAA doesn't have the manpower or funds to test every kid. They test when they have probable cause. He got busted.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n296067 said:
I don't have any way of confirming this, but I'm pretty sure the Griers are loaded.

no clue here. I think its definitely safe to say that after reading about this substance, and just trying to buy it for practice, using it for recovery from the flu or an injury is pretty much out the window.

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
MatthewM.;n296052 said:
he looked like a kid that made a mistake, was very dejected and could barely stand up there. I'm sure he feels horrible and struggled telling his teammates just like he did standing in front of the media. Its life and he will probably learn a major lesson. The crime itself is petty but if you did not think he was remorseful by his body language during that pressed idk what to tell you

extremely well said. I was thinking the same thing watching the press conference. I felt bad for the kid listening to him choke up.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kid should've just raped someone & stole crab legs from Publix. That's on the "ok" list with the NCAA.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
heavychevy;n296056 said:
Not the one that is sold in the dollar store or Walmart that are in energy/recovery drinks

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n296073 said:
My cousin played for FSU about 15 years ago. He did roids when he was there. He graduated HS as 180lb. QB and was a 220 outside LB after a year there. He said the medical staff had the stuff by the buckets full whenever he needed them.

Again, if you guys think Grier was on his own doing this you're smoking crack. They've help him do whatever he can do to get his weight up over the past year and a half. The NCAA doesn't have the manpower or funds to test every kid. They test when they have probable cause. He got busted.

Tag, if you think the compliance office is that lacked as FSU, you must have forgotten what we have gone through in the 80's. If you think the testing and the drugs have changed in the last 15 with all the litigation you have got to be kidding me. They don't test ever kid everytime, there a few manatory team tests, but during the season it is "random" testing. There are players who will not be tested again all season, and players who will be tested multiple times.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
SavannahGator;n296020 said:
You mean you're too young to remember TWO years of TV and bowl probation, with all of your opponent's fans treating you like YOU had done the violations (I cannot count how many Doggies here in GA called me a "cheater" - I just told them that I'm proud to be one)? Not to mention the SEC ADs, led by Vince Dooley, taking the hard-fought and hard-won 1984 SEC title away from us (I still have the Coke bottle with it on it)? As a Gator fan and alum, there was NOTHING worse than those two years, NOTHING.

I was in school at the time of the probation. I don't exactly remember when the violations were announced, but if I am correct, we were 0-1-1 at the time and had a pretty sketchy start. We went 9-0 the rest of the way.

I do recall after the fact when they announced stripping the SEC title, and being pretty bitter about that.

I have one of those 1984 coke bottles too.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n296047 said:
Heck, they wouldn't even had to have tested it. All they would have to have done is look at the ingredients.

However, it's just a setback. If Treon does as Mac says he can, and stays healthy and clean, we're still a contender.

exactly.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
L-boy;n296085 said:
I was in school at the time of the probation. I don't exactly remember when the violations were announced, but if I am correct, we were 0-1-1 at the time and had a pretty sketchy start. We went 9-0 the rest of the way.

I do recall after the fact when they announced stripping the SEC title, and being pretty bitter about that.

I have one of those 1984 coke bottles too.

I think you are thinking of the Pell probation, not when Hall stepped down.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
archie-bunker-o.gif

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;295975 said:
I am constantly amazed at how much of an emotional mental midget you are. People watch Grier and Harris play the game, and come away with the opinion that Grier is a better QB. Period, dot, end of story. Harris doesn't throw the ball quickly enough and he's not as accurate and he doesn't throw it with as much zip. There is no throwing him under the bus, not one is quitting on him, its just an observation that he isn't as good as Grier and our team isn't as effective on offense with him in there. Hell, you even started an entire thread saying the same things yourself. Despite Harris' multiple suspensions, he has kept plugging along as a good Gator teammate and everyone will be pulling for him to light it on fire going forward.

This.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n296067 said:
Will obviously is

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator