Attachments

• conv_4921.gif
    conv_4921.gif
    415.7 KB · Views: 18

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So at Florida it means a minimum 6 game suspension but at A&M it only means a 1 game suspension is guaranteed - that is what some are saying elsewhere.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MatthewM.;n296052 said:
he looked like a kid that made a mistake, was very dejected and could barely stand up there. I'm sure he feels horrible and struggled telling his teammates just like he did standing in front of the media. Its life and he will probably learn a major lesson. The crime itself is petty but if you did not think he was remorseful by his body language during that pressed idk what to tell you

Never said he wasn't remorseful, however as I understand it, Ligandrol is NOT something you can get at GNC. You can buy it online though, but not from GNC, or walgreens, cvs, etc. It's technically OTC, not necessarily literally.

This wasn't as if he got a vitamin and oops it's got Ligandrol in it.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
UF confirms Ligandrol is not the banned substance QB Will Grier tested positive for. Substance still unknown. #Gators

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
TheDouglas78;n296084 said:
Tag, if you think the compliance office is that lacked as FSU, you must have forgotten what we have gone through in the 80's. If you think the testing and the drugs have changed in the last 15 with all the litigation you have got to be kidding me. They don't test ever kid everytime, there a few manatory team tests, but during the season it is "random" testing. There are players who will not be tested again all season, and players who will be tested multiple times.
The public opinion and scrutiny has changed things over the past 15 years. It isn't handed out freely like it used to be. But the goal for making players bigger, faster and stronger is insatiable and hasn't gone anywhere. The supplement industry and "natural" testosterone products is a huge industry that continues to grow. The supplements are always trying to outrun the testing. And the teams are always pushing the limits if they can gain an edge.

You are right about the "random" testing. That randomness happens when the NCAA sees a reason to test. And yes they may test a kid multiple times if they have a reason.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
TheDouglas78;n296092 said:
I think you are thinking of the Pell probation, not when Hall stepped down.

Yes, but that was what Savannah was talking about in 1984.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n296092 said:
I think you are thinking of the Pell probation, not when Hall stepped down.

Yeah, the Pell probation was 1984, we were 1-1-1 (loss to scUM, tie with LSU, crushing win over Tulane). Pell got hammered on Tuesday after the Tulane win. Galen was promoted. We won eight (not nine) more in a row, although it was actually nine in a row when you count Tulane under Pell.

1989 was Hall taken down for allegedly giving $$$ to Jarvis Williams (I think) to attend a family funeral, if I'm not mistaken. Or it was to pay for his child support. One or the other. Whatever, NCAA was looking at one more thing to take UF down for. Galen stepped down right after upset win on last second FG at LSU. Darnell took over as interim, and held the ship together, but we barely qualified for a bowl (now defunct Freedom Bowl, out in Anaheim - Washington clobbered us). And that led to . . . hiring of SOS and the beginning of the dynasty.

Look, this is bad. But it's not as bad as all that, not by a LONG shot. We just have to trust in Mac that Treon is ready, and then hope he is, and hope the team will rally around him (they will), and hope he keeps his nose clean. The six wins are still intact. Winning the East is still out there. Many of us never expected to win the first six. We'll definitely beat Vandy, SC, and FAU, for an unexpected nine wins. The rest is just gravy. Except Georgia . . . living here in Georgia, we MUST beat Georgia.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n296108 said:
UF confirms Ligandrol is not the banned substance QB Will Grier tested positive for. Substance still unknown. #Gators

Hope this is true because Ligandrol is not readily available at local stores.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp gone....Driskel gone.....we still have a shot

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n295850 said:
This was the best I could find on Ligandrol. Orally taken steroids, so there's no possibility it was accidental
I hope he didn't confess based on this alone....."Look, I was at a party last week and we were all drinking from red solo cups.....", Hell it could be a set up, doesn't Treon sit next to Grier on the bench, maybe he slipped something into Will's Gatorade bottle? I know I would fight this to the bitter end and burn in hell before I would ever confess to this....Talk about a perfect alibi....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Looking forward to getting him back next season. I'm pretty surprised people want him run off the team on a rail over this. As a guy that couldn't put on weight to save his life before I was 30, I can see where he was coming from. It's not an excuse and he'll pay the price, but actually ending his UF career over it?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n296129 said:
Looking forward to getting him back next season. I'm pretty surprised people want him run off the team on a rail over this. As a guy that couldn't put on weight to save his life before I was 30, I can see where he was coming from. It's not an excuse and he'll pay the price, but actually ending his UF career over it?

If ATX is correct and it's not Ligandrol, then I'm open to listening. However, if it was indeed Ligandrol, then he knew what he was doing. You can't get that stuff just anywhere.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n296129 said:

The internet is a source of nonstop amazement, is it not?

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
oxrageous;n296129 said:

I've taken pro hormones (legal oral steroids) in the past. I did it to get an edge even in my mid to late 20's. I get why I kid would take them. Still not right if it's a banned substance, but I get it.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n296104 said:
Never said he wasn't remorseful, however as I understand it, Ligandrol is NOT something you can get at GNC. You can buy it online though, but not from GNC, or walgreens, cvs, etc. It's technically OTC, not necessarily literally.

This wasn't as if he got a vitamin and oops it's got Ligandrol in it.
Don't think this is the case. A caller on Finebaum said he used to take it and its an added ingredient in crap you buy at Walmart and even the Dollar Store.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n296135 said:
Originally posted by oxrageous View Post

If ATX is correct and it's not Ligandrol, then I'm open to listening. However, if it was indeed Ligandrol, then he knew what he was doing. You can't get that stuff just anywhere.

So, you're calling Mac, and the entire UF athletic department, liars? They said it was from an OTC supplement. By it's nature, OTC means you can get it just about anywhere. If there's no requirement for an Rx, then it's OTC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator