Will Grier suspended rest of season for taking PEDs

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n296342 said:
I hardly pissed and moaned. I said to pick one and go with them. Ether of them. I've been nothing but complimentary of the staff and Grier. Pretty much walking on cloud nine. I'm sorry that you're trying to start chit. You're not even good at that. You've been bitching more than pretty much everyone recently and have seen you called out as such. You pick against us weekly. I'm not surprised since that's what bitches do.

I'm sure this event is a big enough deal that any and all commentary is justified. Have a great day my friend. Seems like you need it.

You just cost me the rest of the night. :lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
OllieGator;n296363 said:
Note, I'll recant this if this was a mistake by Grier.

I'm not getting the 'he hasn't cost us anything' mentality. There are 97 other players on the roster not suspended for PEDs. Do we know how long he's been PED'ing? This is a real bs selfish act of putting oneself above your teammates and university. He knowingly cheated and if he's been doing it since Kentucky then the games should be forfeited.

Removed my low blow.

What exactly has he cost us? Seriously...there's no guarantee we'd win or lose another game with or without him at the helm.
Why are you assuming he knowingly took something that was banned? I have to believe he took something that he didn't know contained a banned substance. It was foolish because he should have ran it by the staffers, but who thinks they would get away with taking a banned substance? I understand your being upset, but it's not the end of the world. We've already overachieved and our toughest test is Saturday. If we lose to LSU, we can still beat anyone else on the schedule with damn near anyone under center.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n296382 said:
What exactly has he cost us? Seriously...there's no guarantee we'd win or lose another game with or without him at the helm.
Why are you assuming he knowingly took something that was banned? I have to believe he took something that he didn't know contained a banned substance. It was foolish because he should have ran it by the staffers, but who thinks they would get away with taking a banned substance? I understand your being upset, but it's not the end of the world. We've already overachieved and our toughest test is Saturday. If we lose to LSU, we can still beat anyone else on the schedule with damn near anyone under center.

I agree and that's why I said that if it was a mistake then I would take back all of my comments. But if he was doing this knowingly (and we don't know which way it happened) then I go with what I was saying.

I should not be viewing this as the worst case scenario with no proof...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
OllieGator;n296388 said:
But if he was doing this knowingly (and we don't know which way it happened) then I go with what I was saying.
You were pushing for crucifixion, right?

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n296389 said:
You were pushing for crucifixion, right?

No just questioning the mindset that he hasn't cost us anything. If he knowingly broke the rules and for how long it lays a pall on the season to me. If it's a mistake that just so happened before Missouri game then that's a totally different thing.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Grier will never get back the leadership role he had with the team that he had attained. UF and him need to part ways peacefully before spring ball in the interest of both parties. He had a big dumbass moment, you think the son of a coach would know better.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;n296401 said:
Grier will never get back the leadership role he had with the team that he had attained. UF and him need to part ways peacefully before spring ball in the interest of both parties. He had a big dumbass moment, you think the son of a coach would know better.

I strongly disagree. If it was a mistake (and I believe it was), then it was just another poor decision by a young college kid. Nothing that can't be overcome moving forward.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Saw that he took Flu meds that contained the substance. That is some major BS

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LeeForThree;n296406 said:
Saw that he took Flu meds that contained the substance. That is some major BS

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

If that's the case then absolutely no sanctimony from me. I'll apologize to everyone.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You know you're my favorite poster, but this is ludicrous.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Kids make mistakes. He can easily get back any leadership that he attained if he performs on the field even if it was purposely done to help him gain weight or whatever the reason was (which we will probably never know for sure).

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
People that are calling for Grier to be kicked off the team are dumbasses plain and simple. He made a mistake. This is effecting him much worse than anyone on here. Depending how things go, it could cost him with these pansy ass NFL teams and could could effect his pro career. I'm upset that we lost him but stop piling on him.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n296410 said:
You know you're my favorite poster, but this is ludicrous.

I am assuming that Treon gets us to Atlanta and plays well. How do you turn it all back over to Grier if Treon gets the respect of the team?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
gator lester;n296411 said:
If it not reduced I see his family suing in federal court. Excessive, using MJ is worse!
I'd like to see this. The NCAA backed down on Scum and Pedo St who were guilty of far, far worse and turns a blind eye to what goes on in Trailerbamer and Fiftissippi.

I am all for anything that destroys the NCAA.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbgator;n296418 said:
I am assuming that Treon gets us to Atlanta and plays well. How do you turn it all back over to Grier if Treon gets the respect of the team?

Grier has gotten us halfway there.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator98MD;n296417 said:
People that are calling for Grier to be kicked off the team are dumbasses plain and simple. He made a mistake. This is effecting him much worse than anyone on here. Depending how things go, it could cost him with these pansy ass NFL teams and could could effect his pro career. I'm upset that we lost him but stop piling on him.

There was a period of time today when it looked like it was a substance that you can't just accidentally get. Keep that in mind when you are reading this thread. I for one would not support anyone who actively and knowingly attempted to take a banned substance.

If this is indeed because he took flu medicine, then this whole thing is a ****ing sham and quite honestly, I'd support taking the NCAA to court, if there is a case to be had.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure if this has been discussed here but this UF grad (I think she is) started posting this after the story broke. Link on it over at GCountry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.