Will Grier suspended rest of season for taking PEDs

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
TN G8tr;n296284 said:
Not sure how you picked up on that. Mac said they would appeal. Even if he is unsuccessful and comes back as a RS Soph our QB situation does not change much at all. Treon is still here. I am sure Mac will welcome him back as he has with Harris himself and other suspended Gators. If Grier does not stay. He's banned til this time next year, 2016 season. "IF" he did decide to leave he'll sit out a year after that to transfer unless he went to a smaller school. So at the earliest he could play would be perhaps mid 2017 or beginning 2018. So who else would Grier compete against next year other than Harris and some Freshman incoming QB's. I think what I saw today with Mac......WG is his guy and he'll be welcomed at UF as long as he wants. He have to work to take the starting job but he's done it before. To early to say he'll leave, but not early enough to think that with this support, he stays.

http://gatorchatter.com/forum/main-...of-season-for-taking-peds?p=296251#post296251 here, the AP said it. I'm sure Mac is sincere in what he says, but look, if Treon stays out of trouble and progresses in the next year, I don't see how Mac is going to yank him in favor of Grier in game 7 next year. If Harris stinks it up does anybody really believe he's still starting in Game 6 next year?

I basically think Will Grier has just shot himself in both feet.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gatordiddy;n296301 said:
I was shocked then - especially after the amount of energy that I put into celebrating, drinking and dancing on Univ and 13th.
It was a coaching staff that played outside the lines and put our entire program on the downhill slide for the rest of the 80's.

I am shocked now that a kid who is in his second year - and with a Dad who's a football coach, didn't bother to run the supplement by the UF staff.
Doesn't that seem odd?
So I'm not buying the "he's 19 and a kid" excuse. Plenty of 19 year olds don't do that because they know better.
His Dad said it was an honest mistake... oh well. Either way... we gotta play the bayou bengals this Saturday.

At least it is limited to one player this time around versus the entire program like it was under Give 'em Hell Pell.

Started UF in '84 as a junior so that was my welcome to school gift.

I'm with you on your statement. If it was an honest mistake is one thing (due to medication) but if he knowingly did this then it's no better than Brady or any other player knowingly cheating.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
lagator;n296308 said:
Yeah, they got it wrong. He'll miss the rest of his Freshman Year and half of his Soph year unless we can get it reduced.

Yes, and that being the case I think he's got a much better chance of battling back.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
T REX;n296209 said:
I'm not saying kick him out of school but you can't put a season on hold. He cost us this season. And six games next year? Sorry, I'm just not buying that it is a good idea.

It sucks. It was a punch in the gut. And he loses a year of eligibility. I guess I have a hard time putting everything on hold for ANOTHER year and a half. Band-aids all over the place.

Next year was the year I was really hoping to take that next leap. This year is all gravy but next year. Let's get a starter we can rely on.
He hasn't cost us anything. He's helped us become 6-0. Its up to Treon to continue that trend. And the best player will start next year and if Grier bests the starter out some time during next year then all the better.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n296299 said:
The guy from Oregon State is supposedly pretty darn good too. I'm sure there will be a fair competition, but it seems a little unlikely they will plug Grier in game 7 next year if we are having a good year and are productive on offense. That has to be at least partly why we will try to get the suspension to this year only. Takes a lot of controversy out of week 7 next year.

+1000000

Unless we're losing...it makes little sense to plug grier in game 7 next year. It sucks but it is true.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n296326 said:
+1000000

Unless we're losing...it makes little sense to plug grier in game 7 next year. It sucks but it is true.

Seems to me you pissed and moaned about us not deciding on a QB earlier this year, but it's managed to get us to 6-0. I'm certain I'll trust Mac's opinion on who starts and when over yours. You may just "cost us" the rest of next season. :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n296336 said:
Hey guys don't worry about next year. We have that highly rated bench warmer from Texas coming in.
He's not a bench warmer. He is well-rested and healthy.

I'm not sure why you guys want players who have taken all those hits in high school and often have pre-existing injuries.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n296337 said:
Seems to me you pissed and moaned about us not deciding on a QB earlier this year, but it's managed to get us to 6-0. I'm certain I'll trust Mac's opinion on who starts and when over yours. You may just "cost us" the rest of next season. :lol:

I hardly pissed and moaned. I said to pick one and go with them. Ether of them. I've been nothing but complimentary of the staff and Grier. Pretty much walking on cloud nine. I'm sorry that you're trying to start chit. You're not even good at that. You've been bitching more than pretty much everyone recently and have seen you called out as such. You pick against us weekly. I'm not surprised since that's what bitches do.

I'm sure this event is a big enough deal that any and all commentary is justified. Have a great day my friend. Seems like you need it.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
OllieGator;n296317 said:
Started UF in '84 as a junior so that was my welcome to school gift.

I'm with you on your statement. If it was an honest mistake is one thing (due to medication) but if he knowingly did this then it's no better than Brady or any other player knowingly cheating.
WTF? LOL, Brady just kicked the Cowboys in the nutsack. Colts are next. So much butthurt over this guy:facepalm:. I love watching Belichick and Brady shove it up the NFL's azz one game at a time.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
F$U would have lawyered up, denied, blamed it on lymes disease and Grier would miss one game max while they delayed an NCAA decision until Grier graduated. I wish we would defend our players to the full extent of the law. Seems like we just throw our hands up and say "Aw shucks, you got us".

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n296345 said:
F$U would have lawyered up, denied, blamed it on Sickle Cell
FIFY. They go racial immediately.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n296344 said:
WTF? LOL, Brady just kicked the Cowboys in the nutsack. Colts are next. So much butthurt over this guy:facepalm:. I love watching Belichick and Brady shove it up the NFL's azz one game at a time.

NM

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n296321 said:
He hasn't cost us anything. He's helped us become 6-0. Its up to Treon to continue that trend. And the best player will start next year and if Grier bests the starter out some time during next year then all the better.

Note, I'll recant this if this was a mistake by Grier.

I'm not getting the 'he hasn't cost us anything' mentality. There are 97 other players on the roster not suspended for PEDs. Do we know how long he's been PED'ing? This is a real bs selfish act of putting oneself above your teammates and university. He knowingly cheated and if he's been doing it since Kentucky then the games should be forfeited.

Removed my low blow.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
OllieGator;n296363 said:
Note, I'll recant this if this was a mistake by Grier.

I'm not getting the 'he hasn't cost us anything' mentality. There are 97 other players on the roster not suspended for PEDs. Do we know how long he's been PED'ing? This is a real bs selfish act of putting oneself above your teammates and university. He knowingly cheated and if he's been doing it since Kentucky then the games should be forfeited.

I really don't see how this is any less stupid than stealing crab legs.

Too far, man. Never compare us to that sack of crap.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
aka;n296367 said:
Too far, man. Never compare us to that sack of crap.

Sorry, just pissed. And very disappointed.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
F$U would have lawyered up, denied, blamed it on lymes disease and Grier would miss one game max while they delayed an NCAA decision until Grier graduated. I wish we would defend our players to the full extent of the law. Seems like we just throw our hands up and say "Aw shucks, you got us".
That's partly why we hate FSU. I respect him for manning up. Never go full clown.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
So true sad but true.

Sad about Grier. I don't get it. Sad day for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.