Will Grier transferring, free to go to ANY school

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Dumb ass policy if you want to salvage the player
Except Grier was still suspended when it was just announced that he was joining the team fully in January. Obviously Mac has no such rule.

Everyone has excuses why he bailed on the team; he's busy preparing for his appeal (apparently he went to Law School and was working 80 hours a week preparing his case which was "the punishment seems too severe so you should let him play in September. That is all"). Or Mac has a rule that suspended players are shunned, not allowed to lift, study film, practice, eat with team and have to wear a jersey with a red "S" on the Chest.

Reality is he bailed on the team immediately after getting popped for PEDS. Once we had a break, Mac went to meet with him and his dad to try to convince him to come back, and under the pressure of having his coaches in his living room he agreed to come back. But once the coaches were gone and it was just the Grier dooshbag gang he went back to his plan to quit, go JUCO then into the draft.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think Mac had any kind of policy that Grier couldn't have anything to do with the team. I'm sure he told him that he wouldn't get any reps at practice (rightfully so), but I don't think it extended beyond that. I believe Grier chose to distance himself because he's a "me first" kinda guy and he was no longer gonna be in the spotlight. I would have been in the stands every week cheering like hell for my team and doing anything I could (not much) to help my team win while I was suspended for being an idiot. He acted like he wanted nothing to do with UF if he couldn't be on the field showcasing his skills.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Define fine...

It wouldnt matter what I typed on this computer. NOTHING will be good enough in your eyes. Misery loves company and you despise anything positive. You yearn for naysayers to spout their misery, its like a drug to you. I flat out told you we would have a top class and put cash up to back it up. It doesnt matter how good our class is, you will find every fault possible. I see us on the upswing and we have plenty of good talent on board. We will experience growing pains just like EVERY single team or company in the rebuilding process but we will prevail. We bees fine, mark my words.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It wouldnt matter what I typed on this computer. NOTHING will be good enough in your eyes. Misery loves company and you despise anything positive. You yearn for naysayers to spout their misery, its like a drug to you. I flat out told you we would have a top class and put cash up to back it up. It doesnt matter how good our class is, you will find every fault possible. I see us on the upswing and we have plenty of good talent on board. We will experience growing pains just like EVERY single team or company in the rebuilding process but we will prevail. We bees fine, mark my words.

You are completely wrong. I wish you would give it a rest already. I asked a simple question and you threw a temper tantrum like a little bitch. Is fine ten games or is it eight? I'm thinking more along the eight win threshold. Then in 2017 we should see another spike toward the ten wins again.

If you think that is negative then you really are being a little bitch. Put me on ignore because your act is tired.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You are completely wrong. I wish you would give it a rest already. I asked a simple question and you threw a temper tantrum like a little *****. Is fine ten games or is it eight? I'm thinking more along the eight win threshold. Then in 2017 we should see another spike toward the ten wins again.

If you think that is negative then you really are being a little *****. Put me on ignore because your act is tired.
8 next year sounds about right. I look for big things in 2017...12-15 wins.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe Chad, Nash, and freed Willy can all become internet sensations...

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
You are completely wrong. I wish you would give it a rest already. I asked a simple question and you threw a temper tantrum like a little *****. Is fine ten games or is it eight? I'm thinking more along the eight win threshold. Then in 2017 we should see another spike toward the ten wins again.

If you think that is negative then you really are being a little *****. Put me on ignore because your act is tired.

I will stick with my assessment. Have you taken out a contract on Grier yet?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
8 next year sounds about right. I look for big things in 2017...12-15 wins.
Sorry, but 8 wins would be a pretty weak second season if we're being honest.

All of these should be wins.
UMass
UK
N TX
UToothless
Vandy
Mizzou
USC
Presby

So you're predicting we lose all of the 50/50 games including to a mediocre LSU at home, at AR, a average UGA team in Jax with a new coach, and at FSU? It would also mean we finished 3-4 second half of the year and didn't compete for the East. The East flat out sucks, so who are you conceding the East to? I'd say 9 wins and a good shot at getting to ATL would be par, anything less will seen as the program heading in the wrong direction and put a lot of pressure to make a serious run in 2017.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I concede nothing to anyone. Yes, the East was blah this year but those games still had to be played. Anything could have happened, and won we them. Try to win them all.

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
I have heard speculation that Grier lied to UF about the circumstances and what PED he took, and UF may have asked him to transfer.

Heard the same thing a couple of weeks ago from local Jax radio show host....I was a bit shocked at the time, but now it makes sense.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Heard the same thing a couple of weeks ago from local Jax radio show host....I was a bit shocked at the time, but now it makes sense.
Were you the old drunk bartender calling in from Norma's in Palm Valley?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
How many ppl here thought at the beginning of the season that it would be Grier leaving and Harris staying? :eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, but 8 wins would be a pretty weak second season if we're being honest.

All of these should be wins.
UMass
UK
N TX
UToothless
Vandy
Mizzou
USC
Presby

So you're predicting we lose all of the 50/50 games including to a mediocre LSU at home, at AR, a average UGA team in Jax with a new coach, and at FSU? It would also mean we finished 3-4 second half of the year and didn't compete for the East. The East flat out sucks, so who are you conceding the East to? I'd say 9 wins and a good shot at getting to ATL would be par, anything less will seen as the program heading in the wrong direction and put a lot of pressure to make a serious run in 2017.

I think the defense takes a step back. I believe that there could be three teams at 5-3 at the top. Maybe 9-3...I mean we're talking one game. I think 2017 is the year we are actually competing for an SEC title....not just the East.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I think the defense takes a step back. I believe that there could be three teams at 5-3 at the top. Maybe 9-3...I mean we're talking one game. I think 2017 is the year we are actually competing for an SEC title....not just the East.
Seems reasonable.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
People are bitching and moaning about 10-3 and getting to ATL. How is 9-3 and maybe not getting back to the SECC game gong to settle with folks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.