Will Grier transferring, free to go to ANY school

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There's absolutely no way to predict how our season will go next year without knowing who all is coming back and most importantly not knowing what our qb situation will be.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No telling what will happen and how will things go especially offensively. I have no doubt that Mac will be all over this. See what he did this year and how he's recruiting, We'll be fine and many have to remember he is still cleaning up a mess as evident in this last week.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This just in. Grier's mugshot appears next to the word ****wad in the urban dictionary. I about lost my lunch over Mac's comment that he was seeking a 'fresh start." Everything about this punk is fresh.

Some serious butthurt here. Sorry your hero left you stranded. :lol:

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Don't take this as gospel but I've heard and seen a few places Will and Hardin may have a cocaine habit. May be a factor if true.

fFeBk1f.jpg

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The whole Grier thing was mishandled by Ole hee haw to begin with. U never have your player publicly admit to anything. He shiuld have lwr the lawyers handle it and roll the dice in the courts. This thing should have been swept under the rug. Hee haw trying run a clean program sacrificed the season. Remember fellas. Its not how many players graduate, go to class or who are model citizens, it's about Ws and Ls. Dumb champ found that out the hard way let hope hee haw doesn't

If there was an unlike button, I'd click it a thousand times.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
That's because he is a nole or cane.
He's a nole, book it.

Can't spell, can't form complete sentences, writes in redneck prose, has a clear hate for our coach, team, and school more than the level of what we usually see from dwags or buttchuggers.

:nole:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I think the defense takes a step back. I believe that there could be three teams at 5-3 at the top. Maybe 9-3...I mean we're talking one game. I think 2017 is the year we are actually competing for an SEC title....not just the East.
Defense might not drop off as much as you think. Still no report of Cox Jr's, Neal's and Maye's plans which I'm hoping is good news that they are all coming back.

If no one else bails, I see the defense being very similar in quality. LB probably biggest concern, along with safety if we get more underclass departures. Offense should be markedly better both in the pass and run game even with all the unknowns. Harris couldn't have been much less effective, and Taylor gave us his best which was pretty decent at times, but bigger stronger backs will be running behind a better line next year so we should be significantly more productive in the running game, getting us out of the SEC cellar on offensive stats finally.

9-10 wins and a good shot at a return to ATL seem like reasonable goals.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Former Gators QB Will Grier did not get full release from scholarship. He's banned from transferring to other SEC schools, maybe more

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Defense might not drop off as much as you think. Still no report of Cox Jr's, Neal's and Maye's plans which I'm hoping is good news that they are all coming back.

If no one else bails, I see the defense being very similar in quality. LB probably biggest concern, along with safety if we get more underclass departures. Offense should be markedly better both in the pass and run game even with all the unknowns. Harris couldn't have been much less effective, and Taylor gave us his best which was pretty decent at times, but bigger stronger backs will be running behind a better line next year so we should be significantly more productive in the running game, getting us out of the SEC cellar on offensive stats finally.

9-10 wins and a good shot at a return to ATL seem like reasonable goals.

Which takes us back to the QB position. If we can get a steady QB, we will win a lot of games. We have a good stable of WRs and RBs. Our line is going to be much better next year.

There is no reason that we don't win 11 or 12 games next year.

QB - Del Rio / Franks / Trask
RB - Thompson / Scarlett / Kronkrite
WR - Fullwood / Worton
WR - Powell / Massey
WR - Callaway / Swain / Hammond
C - Dillard
G - Jordan / Ivey
T - Sharpe / Johnson

DE - Cox / Ce Ce
DE - Sherritt / Reed
DT - Brantley / Bryan
DT - Ivie / Clark / Holley
LB - Rolin
LB - Anzalone
LB - Davis
CB - Wilson
CB - Tabor
S - Harris
S - Washington
Nickle - Dawson

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Which takes us back to the QB position. If we can get a steady QB, we will win a lot of games. We have a good stable of WRs and RBs. Our line is going to be much better next year.

There is no reason that we don't win 11 or 12 games next year.

QB - Del Rio / Franks / Trask
RB - Thompson / Scarlett / Kronkrite
WR - Fullwood / Worton
WR - Powell / Massey
WR - Callaway / Swain / Hammond
C - Dillard
G - Jordan / Ivey
T - Sharpe / Johnson

DE - Cox / Ce Ce
DE - Sherritt / Reed
DT - Brantley / Bryan
DT - Ivie / Clark / Holley
LB - Rolin
LB - Anzalone
LB - Davis
CB - Wilson
CB - Tabor
S - Harris
S - Washington
Nickle - Dawson
Good post and I agree with you. If no one else leaves and we get some actual decent QB play we should have a good shot at all of our games.

Not saying we'll win them all, but the East still looks weak and we're the man in the East till someone proves otherwise. I like our chances to repeat. I'm sure as hell not deferring to a team that hasn't beaten us in over a decade. My main point was the folks saying 8 wins would be a good year next year are off because there are around 7 gimmees on the schedule. Win those and go 3-2 against the 5 competitive games would put us at 10-2 and most likely 7-1 in the SEC. If we go 2-3 in those games and 6-2 in the SEC we would still probably win the east. 1-4 in those 5 games and 5-3 in the SEC would mean we would probably have to have the tie breaker against either buttchug or the dwags.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Sorry, but 8 wins would be a pretty weak second season if we're being honest.

All of these should be wins.
UMass
UK
N TX
UToothless
Vandy
Mizzou
USC
Presby

So you're predicting we lose all of the 50/50 games including to a mediocre LSU at home, at AR, a average UGA team in Jax with a new coach, and at FSU? It would also mean we finished 3-4 second half of the year and didn't compete for the East. The East flat out sucks, so who are you conceding the East to? I'd say 9 wins and a good shot at getting to ATL would be par, anything less will seen as the program heading in the wrong direction and put a lot of pressure to make a serious run in 2017.

If you are talking about the lining up a UF offense comparable to what we did the last few games, 3 or 4 losses is certainly a possibility. Defenses have figured out Treon. You have to count on Del Rio, a guy who has transferred twice and was third string at Bama, to come out and be able to produce some offense with a mediocre offensive line and no particular outstanding RB's. That is a tall order.

However, in my case, I'm not predicting total suckage. I am just saying instead of competing for the SEC title and national championship with Grier, we may be in the 3-4 loss category with an outside shot of winning the SEC east and getting creamed by the West champion again.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you are talking about the lining up a UF offense comparable to what we did the last few games, 3 or 4 losses is certainly a possibility. Defenses have figured out Treon. You have to count on Del Rio, a guy who has transferred twice and was third string at Bama, to come out and be able to produce some offense with a mediocre offensive line and no particular outstanding RB's. That is a tall order.

However, in my case, I'm not predicting total suckage. I am just saying instead of competing for the SEC title and national championship with Grier, we may be in the 3-4 loss category with an outside shot of winning the SEC east and getting creamed by the West champion again.

I'm not excited about Del Rio being our best chance next year at all but I keep hearing people mentioning how he was 3rd string at bama blah, blah, blah... That was his FRESHMAN year.

And yes, he transferred twice but I don't really see that as an issue considering both were after coaching changes...the second one being a HC who was coming in to run a spread option type offense. He would have been stupid to stay there. Twice he has elected to come and play for Nuss (UF and bama) so here's to hoping Nuss can turn him into a baller.

I will say when he came here it was an "Oh,that's nice" kind of reaction for me. If you would have told me then he'd most likely be our starting QB for the entire 2016 season I never would've believed it.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I'll take any of the names mentioned over our current starter, sight unseen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.