Will Grier transferring, free to go to ANY school

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
What doesn't make sense though is he'll have to sit regardless. If he transfers, does him sitting his transfer year count toward his punishment?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

No it doesn't count if he goes to a FBS school. Sit 6 games for the suspension after sitting the transfer year.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Worse has been swept under the rug by uf in the past. I can promise that. Just look at the Meyer years. But hey at least we we relavant on the field. Not sold on hee haw yet
Since it was an NCAA test he failed and not a UF test, UF couldn't do a thing. If you are going to troll don't make it so obvious that you are a worthless piece of ****

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Since it was an NCAA test he failed and not a UF test, UF couldn't do a thing. If you are going to troll don't make it so obvious that you are a worthless piece of ****
His mind is made up, don't confuse him with facts...

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I believe it's Mac's rule that suspended players must stay away from the team completely. I don't like it if that's the case, and frankly, especially at the QB position, all it does is put the kid's development in retrograde.

Dumb ass policy if you want to salvage the player

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
The article on Gatorsports said that Mac brought up the idea of Grier either transferring of going the JUCO route at their first meeting back on December 11th and that is why Grier didn't believe he was in UF's plan for 2016. Obviously there is something more to the story. Maybe Grier and his dad asked for but didn't get the guarantee that Will would be the starter when he came back from suspension like some on this board have said or maybe it is something else (I.e.- the illegal drug angle) but it seems like Mac wasn't begging Will to stay with the program and maybe went so far as to "manage" him out the door.

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20151219/ARTICLES/151219679?tc=cr

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Really looks like Mac pushed him out the door. That is surprising even though I thought he would never start him again. I didn't think he would actually do it. Grier really screwed Mac and the team. That trust was probably broken forever.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Agreed. Grier no matter his turmoil was not loyal to the Gator Nation. He has killed 2 seasons for us for his sill mistake. But it still galls me the crooked NCAA can ban him for a full year for taking the wrong med yet they let violent offenders and sex offenders back sooner. Damn shame all the way around.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
If true, disappointing and confusing. I tend to think there must be more to the story - stuff we don't know. I still think Grier would be the favorite to gain the job back even mid season next year. I have no idea how he benefits by going somewhere else and sitting out a year. Beginning to see a pattern of odd decision making on his (and perhaps his family) behalf.

Just one more QB set back in a sordid 7-8 year saga for the Gators. I'd feel a little better if we had Eason coming in. From what I saw of Franks, he looked like he needs a lot of work. This could make the difference of UF being competing for the college playoff for at least a couple and perhaps several years. Huge disappointment.
Confusing all the way around. Major setback. The qb cubbard is bare.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Grier was gone and Coach Mac tried talking him into staying. He gives the players every
opportunity to do the right thing. Foley talked UM into another year. That was a mistake
we paid for dearly. I rehired employees back after they left. None worked out well. Before
Grier's career is over, we'll be glad he exited. Watching Franks warm up at the state
championship game I was amazed how tight of a spiral he throws. He has an arm. He
throws a thirty harder on a string. He throws an easy to catch ball. He is a very mature
kid. It was evident he was the leader of their team. He does what is right and gives you
a reason to like him. He is keenly aware of everything happening on the field. The best
thing that happened to our incoming class is we flipped him from LSU. He is very teachable.
Two years from now we won't be worrying about WG. His old man will probably ruin his
career. We don't need anymore of his kind.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Grier was gone and Coach Mac tried talking him into staying. He gives the players every
opportunity to do the right thing. Foley talked UM into another year. That was a mistake
we paid for dearly. I rehired employees back after they left. None worked out well. Before
Grier's career is over, we'll be glad he exited. Watching Franks warm up at the state
championship game I was amazed how tight of a spiral he throws. He has an arm. He
throws a thirty harder on a string. He throws an easy to catch ball. He is a very mature
kid. It was evident he was the leader of their team. He does what is right and gives you
a reason to like him. He is keenly aware of everything happening on the field. The best
thing that happened to our incoming class is we flipped him from LSU. He is very teachable.
Two years from now we won't be worrying about WG. His old man will probably ruin his

I hope you are right about Franks

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Getting Franks in here early will only help us going forward. Ideally it would be best for him to redshirt, but at least he has more of a chance to shore up the holes in his game in case we need to use him next fall. The QB battle between him and Jake Allen is going to be epic in a couple of years.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
The whole Grier thing was mishandled by Ole hee haw to begin with. U never have your player publicly admit to anything. He shiuld have lwr the lawyers handle it and roll the dice in the courts. This thing should have been swept under the rug. Hee haw trying run a clean program sacrificed the season. Remember fellas. Its not how many players graduate, go to class or who are model citizens, it's about Ws and Ls. Dumb champ found that out the hard way let hope hee haw doesn't
Shut up troll. Only reason you're not banned is because you're good for business I'm guessing. Come to think of it, Alt might be more probable than troll.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
+1000

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.