Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sas, Phan, gotcha. :thug2: Still, Grier's a :loser:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Well, if he went JUCO, then he'd only sit out 6 games in 2016 and then finish the rest of the season. Transfer in 2017 and be a starter his Redshirt Junior season, right?

No, if he goes JUCO, he plays at that level immediately in 2016, then when he comes back to 1-A in 2017 he sits out the first 6 games of that season.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Let's see...what's a school that players tend to run to when they can't make it at another...oh yeah. Grier will be a clown. Mark my words. It fits him like a glove.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I think Grier will find a suitable JC and hope to have a stellar season.

Instead of going to a division anything school and sit 6 games, will turn pro depending on the kind of year he had as a JUCO.
He will certainly get a NFL tryout.
If they insist on more experience he can play in the Arena League or the CFL

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Also, if he has left UF officially.... Isnt his NCAA suspension also in suspension until he decides where he is going? I mean, if you cant be suspended while you are in JUCO, then you cant be suspended while you are sitting at home thinking about JUCO. So, it may be beyond October of 16/17.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let's not forget the meltdown with Taylor or the biting comments about player attitude during post-game briefings earlier in the season. Mac learned to tone it down as the season wore on, but he is who is he, and what he ISN'T is tolerant of certain acts of selfishness or lack of commitment from his players.

What I'm trying to say is the more Grier's transfer doesn't make sense, the more it does. There was a schism behind the scenes that grew and grew to the point where the two finally realized they couldn't work together anymore, hence a decision by Grier that on the surface appears totally ignorant. It wasn't. It was totally necessary.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
All the people I am following on twitter are saying No SEC, FSU, or Miami and possibly more. Maybe Mac just didn't speak clearly in the press conference or was just trying to not sound like he was barring him from going elsewhere, or is just ready to move on and they keep asking the question. It makes no sense to not put restrictions on him when every other school bars their players from coming here. I have a feeling his not wanting him in the SEC comment may be that he is looking JUCO and will come right back the next year, but would still sit 6 games upon returning. Have also seen speculation that he ends up back at one of the schools in North Carolina.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
No doubt that the Curse of Dawg-douche still lingers over The Swamp and we still have some things to iron out. But I honestly feel that we are on a good course and and in a year or two we will look back and ask, "Will who?"

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Grier has fallen off the buckboard of love. Beat it kid, it takes more than 3 quarters of lore like play to be a Gator. Let's close this out and move along to those wanting to be here.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Ok so I feel a little pissed off. I was so excited for our QB situation after the 11esee game I tried to start the hash tag WilleyG. Then he goes and gets suspended and I wasn't too mad because I just knew that he was going to beat the charges to at least have it reduced. When he said that he was coming back a couple of weeks ago I was starting to get excited again. I thought he would lead us to another SEC East and possibly more championships. Now that has turned his back on us I am turning my back on him. I will not wish ill will towards him nor his family; however I hope his damn dog dies!!!!

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Ok so I feel a little pissed off. I was so excited for our QB situation after the 11esee game I tried to start the hash tag WilleyG. Then he goes and gets suspended and I wasn't too mad because I just knew that he was going to beat the charges to at least have it reduced. When he said that he was coming back a couple of weeks ago I was starting to get excited again. I thought he would lead us to another SEC East and possibly more championships. Now that has turned his back on us I am turning my back on him. I will not wish ill will towards him nor his family; however I hope his damn dog dies!!!!

Why should his dog suffer for his stupidity? I dont doubt its the fans that helped Grier make his decision. Everywhere he looked he was being crucified. He is better off elsewhere. Time to move on.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Why should his dog suffer for his stupidity? I dont doubt its the fans that helped Grier make his decision. Everywhere he looked he was being crucified. He is better off elsewhere. Time to move on.
I think he had the support if he wished to stay. His victories over Old Piss and 11esee alone that would have gotten him at least 1 more year to redeem himself. He was going to be our savior now he is our zero.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
everyone I know in real life and even many on this board that includes dudes that are constantly finding reasons to be butthurt about kids, defended him to the nth degree and were extremely hopeful for his return.

I cant speak to how he was treated on campus but I can say from everything I saw online and in person, anyone that claims it was the fans that ran him off is completely full of :kiffin:

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
everyone I know in real life and even many on this board that includes dudes that are constantly finding reasons to be butthurt about kids, defended him to the nth degree and were extremely hopeful for his return.

I cant speak to how he was treated on campus but I can say from everything I saw online and in person, anyone that claims it was the fans that ran him off is completely full of :kiffin:
+100

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
He had my support. Didnt mean I wasnt unhappy about the situation. And, I said the fans HELPED him make his decision. He was being trashed all over social media. Either way, he screwed himself and its over. Done, bye bye......Next!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.