Recruiting WR Binjimin Victor announces today at noon

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe West Virginia is a school that he's considering over UF.
From what i've read UF isn't giving him a commitable offer...for some reason they think the guys they already have are better regardless of stars. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out and if these coaches really know what they are doing.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
From what i've read UF isn't giving him a commitable offer...for some reason they think the guys they already have are better regardless of stars. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out and if these coaches really know what they are doing.

I think Hammond and Swain are both very very good. I'm not sure how good Wells is. Maybe they are also very confident in Stove or Cleveland.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Interesting. Unless they're getting someone like NCM or Cleveland, what big body are we bringing in?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Let's just shutdown the program since it's already been determined we will suck for years to come.... Damn, I think some of you people are b!tching more now than when Chump was the coach....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Amen brother. The sky isnt falling, its already down. Its crazy for sure.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting. Unless they're getting someone like NCM or Cleveland, what big body are we bringing in?
Wells is 6'2 and Hammond 6'1 with a wider frame...while they may not have his height why bring him in if they don't believe he has the skill set to succeed? Height doesn't always mean they are going to turn out...just look at Fulwood...he's 6'4-6'5 and hasn't done anything

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Hammond and Swain are both very very good. I'm not sure how good Wells is. Maybe they are also very confident in Stove or Cleveland.
I don't think we can be confident in either right now...but as far as Victor goes what i've read elsewhere may be complete BS but if you look back we haven't recruited him very hard at all...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wells is 6'2 and Hammond 6'1 with a wider frame...while they may not have his height why bring him in if they don't believe he has the skill set to succeed? Height doesn't always mean they are going to turn out...just look at Fulwood...he's 6'4-6'5 and hasn't done anything

From what I've seen, Wells is very shaky to us right now. As far as Fullwood is concerned, sometimes kids just don't pan out but that doesn't mean that we cannot continue to land kids with that type of size. Victor has not blown me away on tape but he does seem to be better than any big receiver we have right now.

If Wells does not stick we will not have a receiver taller than 6'1 in this class. With the amount of quality receivers in this class it is a huge concern.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
From what I've seen, Wells is very shaky to us right now. As far as Fullwood is concerned, sometimes kids just don't pan out but that doesn't mean that we cannot continue to land kids with that type of size. Victor has not blown me away on tape but he does seem to be better than any big receiver we have right now.

If Wells does not stick we will not have a receiver taller than 6'1 in this class. With the amount of quality receivers in this class it is a huge concern.
We don't need tall receivers...it's nice if you can lame a tall stud receiver but SOS did just fine here and never had any tall receivers. Hell even in the NFL right now smaller receivers are making a big comeback

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Wtf is wrong with you? We must sign every receiver in the country and they have to be at least 6'8 and be a 5 star or better. They must come in and be ready to play immediately and catch every pass thrown and never get injured or miss a block. 6'1 and 6'2 receivers just aren't big enough or good enough for us to even offer a scholarship to.

If these coaches can't do that in their first full recruiting cycle here, fuk 'em......we don't want them. Fire them immediately.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
We don't need tall receivers...it's nice if you can lame a tall stud receiver but SOS did just fine here and never had any tall receivers. Hell even in the NFL right now smaller receivers are making a big comeback

I want big WRs too, but agree it's not necessary. Amari cooper is 6', maybe 6'1" and he did okay. I want playmakers of all types and sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wtf is wrong with you? We must sign every receiver in the country and they have to be at least 6'8 and be a 5 star or better. They must come in and be ready to play immediately and catch every pass thrown and never get injured or miss a block. 6'1 and 6'2 receivers just aren't big enough or good enough for us to even offer a scholarship to.

If these coaches can't do that in their first full recruiting cycle here, fuk 'em......we don't want them. Fire them immediately.

Nothing of substance in this entire post. If you can't intelligently and calmly discuss recruiting, resist posting.

You, clawgator, and gatordan should join a club. I like how you guys come out of the woodwork. Never follow recruiting but want to come in and blast people for talking about the positives and negatives of recruiting. You're like the chump apologists.

One of the things that sucks about being a mod is that I can't put any of you guys on my ignore list.

Thanks for driving by.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
As far as LBs I have no clue why we are struggling so much here. I get that Wilson is going to UGA because Kirby has been recruiting him since the 9th grade. That is going to be a tough relationship to take down, but we should be getting some 4* guys in here. I just don't get that at all.

Well.... we don't have a plush player lounge for their playing time.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing of substance in this entire post. If you can't intelligently and calmly discuss recruiting, resist posting.

You, clawgator, and gatordan should join a club. I like how you guys come out of the woodwork. Never follow recruiting but want to come in and blast people for talking about the positives and negatives of recruiting. You're like the chump apologists.

One of the things that sucks about being a mod is that I can't put any of you guys on my ignore list.

Thanks for driving by.

:lmao: I check our recruiting every single day and there isn't much to complain about. The only thing I don't like is the amount of DB's we have. You people think every player we should have should be 5* rated. It's not possible. Mac and this coaching staff knows what they're doing and knows better than anyone on this message board, I can guarantee you that.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I want big WRs too, but agree it's not necessary. Amari cooper is 6', maybe 6'1" and he did okay. I want playmakers of all types and sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's fair. But Not really. Cooper is just a beast. And he was the number six receiver in the nation.

Even with Ridley, he was a five-star recruit and the number one receiver in the nation. OJ, who is their second leading receiver (TE) and was out right dominant in a bowl game, was a five star TE. Their number three receiver is Adarius Stewart. A four star and the #3 athlete in the country.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
:lmao: I check our recruiting every single day and there isn't much to complain about. The only thing I don't like is the amount of DB's we have. You people think every player we should have should be 5* rated. It's not possible. Mac and this coaching staff knows what they're doing and knows better than anyone on this message board, I can guarantee you that.

Doing? Who has said that? Please provide the link. In case you didn't know, Benjamin is not a five-star recruit. And yes, DB recruiting has not been very good this year and it should have been. We should be seeing somebody commits and I think that's a good thing.

Coach Mac has actually done some really good recruiting. But some of the other coaches need to really up their game. Mac can't spend all of his time trying to close recruits that his staff should be closing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's fair. But Not really. Cooper is just a beast. And he was the number six receiver in the nation.

Even with Ridley, he was a five-star recruit and the number one receiver in the nation. OJ, who is their second leading receiver (TE) and was out right dominant in a bowl game, was a five star TE. Their number three receiver is Adarius Stewart. A four star and the #3 athlete in the country.
Clearly, that won't work. Those are Pre-madonnas and we don't want them. We want three stars. Even our four stars like Callaway, we will call a three star to make them sound more like a winner.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well... all this makes the wise thing to do is to get a WR-guru to work Fulwood into
a dominant WR. Fullwood has top speed for his size ... there's something to work with.
** and we already got him.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So we should stop recruiting tall receivers because fulwood is a bum?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So we should stop recruiting tall receivers because fulwood is a bum?
Please work on your reading comprehension skills before commenting on my posts

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.