Recruiting WR Binjimin Victor announces today at noon

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
My manager (half azz U fan) shared his desktop during our 1:1... had it on Whorechant and was showing me the recruits they have coming in ... as well as who they red-shirted last year. I have to say, and hate to say, they are quite loaded. dammit ...just dammit
Just show him our SEC All Sports Trophy. That should shut him up. :rolleyes:

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Amazing how recruiting works, wish Mac and his team were better at it but clearly they are not. Wonder how many of the elite players we have to miss out on before people realize he's just not that good of a recruiter.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Amazing how recruiting works, wish Mac and his team were better at it but clearly they are not. Wonder how many of the elite players we have to miss out on before people realize he's just not that good of a recruiter.
Still waiting to hear if you're gonna take the bet hoss. You sound pretty confident in your opinions, figured it would have been an easy one for ya.

SaltyGator

Make the Gators great again!
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
If Meyer got him then obliviously the kid is a thug, because we all know that is all Meyer knows how to recruit...we need kids that raise the standard of our team.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
People also think we need a 6'5 qb with a rocket arm but id instantly take a Grossman, Wilson, Brees any day of the week...just find me some guys that can play

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Well next year your choices would be Treon, Trask, Noodle Arm Transient or a True freshmen.....who you taking?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well next year your choices would be Treon, Trask, Noodle Arm Transient or a True freshmen.....who you taking?
Anyone but Treon...but since i haven't seen any of the others play i have no idea

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Nothing of substance in this entire post. If you can't intelligently and calmly discuss recruiting, resist posting.

You, clawgator, and gatordan should join a club. I like how you guys come out of the woodwork. Never follow recruiting but want to come in and blast people for talking about the positives and negatives of recruiting. You're like the chump apologists.

One of the things that sucks about being a mod is that I can't put any of you guys on my ignore list.

Thanks for driving by.
There are positives being discussed here? Enlighten me as to what those are.

It falls in line with everything else though, really, in that nothing is ever good enough. If we signed all five star guys, there would be an issue with that, guaranteed.

You're right (somewhat) about one thing....I don't follow recruiting religiously. There's just something a bit creepy about fawning over and keeping up with 16-18 yr old boys' thoughts on a daily basis concerning where they're planning on playing a sport for 3-4 years.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I'm not buying the theory about kid not coming because of our QB situation. None of the kids have seen Eason play either. And behind him UGA has nothing. LSU never has a decent QB yet they always get top talent, including at WR.

There's some other reason we're not get the elite guys. It may be just an anomoly this year? I've blamed Mac, but until he has some historical data its hard to know.

Last edited:

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
[QUOTE=" Obviously Mac will try to get the ball to kids, but I think this is where the Grier/Treon situation killed us. The WRs don't know if they will have a QB next year. Franks is good, but most people think he really needs a year. So everybody is hoping that Del Rio or Appleby are the key to success and nobody has really seen those guys play.

Treon is a liability and until we have a proven QB returning I think we will have some issues getting top WRs. I'm really hoping we get Stove or Cleveland.
I blame Mac as well, I just don't think he's a very good recruiter

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not buying the theory about kid not coming because of our QB situation. None of the kids have seen Eason play either. And behind him UGA has nothing. LSU never has a decent QB yet they always get top talent, including at WR.

There's some other reason we're not get the elite guys. It may be just an anomoly this year? I've blamed Mac, but until he has some historical data its hard to know.

I think Mac is a good coach and recruiter. As is Rumph. I think Skipper is the only other one that can recruit.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I think Mac is a good coach and recruiter. As is Rumph. I think Skipper is the only other one that can recruit.
So maybe firing Callahan was a signal to might a fire under the rest. He should be buying them cases if Red Bull and telling them to get busy.

Mac has everything he needs to sell a recruit. He got the IPF, working on ungraded dorms, offices, player facilities, extra personnel, etc.. Plus a roster full of holes. He has no excuse.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator