Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Has he announced yet?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We don't need tall receivers...it's nice if you can lame a tall stud receiver but SOS did just fine here and never had any tall receivers. Hell even in the NFL right now smaller receivers are making a big comeback

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I guess. But Chris Doering was 6'4 and his passing game never did crap at South Carolina until he got Alshon Jeffrey who is 6'3.

You don't need a roster of tall receivers. But it helps to have a couple big bodied receivers who can go up and get the ball.

I just took a quick look at Baylor's roster. They have 7 receivers 6'1 and over.

Bama has 5.

We have 2. One was redshirted last year (Kalif Jackson - Who looks like he is going to be very good). And the other Fullwood.

How about Ohio State? 8

FSU? 10

Tennessee? 9

Georgia? 13

Do I need to continue going through rosters?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I guess. But Chris Doering was 6'4 and his passing game never did crap at South Carolina until he got Alshon Jeffrey who is 6'3.

You don't need a roster of tall receivers. But it helps to have a couple big bodied receivers who can go up and get the ball.

I just took a quick look at Baylor's roster. They have 7 receivers 6'1 and over.

Bama has 5.

We have 2. One was redshirted last year (Kalif Jackson - Who looks like he is going to be very good). And the other Fullwood.

How about Ohio State? 8

FSU? 10

Tennessee? 9

Georgia? 13

Yes

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Again that is not the point...tall receivers ate great but not just to take them to take them. Time will tell if not going hard after Victor is a mistake. Apparently our staff did not think so and those decisions will make our break them. I'd certainly take a team full of Calloways than a team full of Fullwods...we need receivers that can play regardless of height.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Again that is not the point...tall receivers ate great but not just to take them to take them. Time will tell if not going hard after Victor is a mistake. Apparently our staff did not think so and those decisions will make our break them. I'd certainly take a team full of Calloways than a team full of Fullwods...we need receivers that can play regardless of height.

I agree with that. If the coaches didn't like him, then so be it. They need to find players that fit what they do. Regardless, we need some big receivers.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
People also think we need a 6'5 qb with a rocket arm but id instantly take a Grossman, Wilson, Brees any day of the week...just find me some guys that can play

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Bama has 5.

How about Ohio State? 8

FSU? 10

Tennessee? 9

Georgia? 13

Probably. Some folks just don't get it. It's not just about hauling a decent class but we need to make up ground in overall talent as well.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The one common denominator with all these recruits were losing is that Marianna starts a thread about it. I think it's obvious what needs to be done.
:ban:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Please don't start one on Simpson or Pidgeon until after they commit.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Please don't start one on Simpson or Pidgeon until after they commit.
No kidding...Simpson is likely to head to Clemson but Pridgeon seems to be trending to UF...would be a huge get

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014

How about Ohio State? 8

FSU? 10

My manager (half azz U fan) shared his desktop during our 1:1... had it on Whorechant and was showing me the recruits they have coming in ... as well as who they red-shirted last year. I have to say, and hate to say, they are quite loaded. dammit ...just dammit

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.