Who starts in the fall

• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Thats different the comment above about the playbook because Trask picking things up quickly is what Nuss usually says about him. I just assumed it was code for the part of the game Franks is struggling with.
You forgot to add PER BOWL.

Bowl has loved every clipboard holder we have ever had.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I agree you can't do that but he shows he can make some nice throws on tape when his receiver has decent coverage on him. You don't see a lot of high school QBs dropping it in there like that. I am hoping Franks is getting things down but his tape is mostly a showcase of his physical abilities and hitting guys who are usually pretty much open like you see with many high school tapes.

I did not realize how much of his HUDL tape is from practice. If he starts and wins a bunch we'll all be happy. After the 1:17 mark there's quote a few throws from practice. I guess I am saying let's see him do it instead of trying to make him into something he is clearly not, YET. Yet.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Tricky, tricky. None of those recorded statistics came from throwing against a practice squad, so what positives they show they still show. Trask's mistake (& I hate calling it that) was that he & his dad did not shop for a school where he could have played more. Trask I guess as a 14 Y.O. kid decided he did not want to leave his neighborhood, nor the friends of his life.

Besides, I am not promoting Trask to anything he is not; he has not convinced the coaches that he is worthy of starting, even with the East being so woefully awful.. :cool: I'm only promoting him above being trash. Trask isn't a gate-crasher into UF; he was invited by scholarship, and he hasn't screwed up a bit. Why not wait until he is actually given a chance to perform, be it good or bad but judge him on what he actually does not when he hasn't had any chance to reveal anything.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well there is video of Nuss saying it also at the same practice. Just hope one of these 2 can play decent.
And who asked the question? Bowl. Who asked tue questions about Guy whatever, Provancha, and Murphy before that? Always Bowl.

What is Nusschamp supposed to say? Is Nusschamp supposed to admit Trash is just 4th string insurance? We knew he would never leave even if we managed to sign Eason AND Franks?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Del Taco has every opportunity to be good in this offense. He doesn't need a cannon arm. He needs quick read and releases. The spring game showed us that. The problem is that once the lights went on, he turned bytch.

Appleby wasn't really any better. He sucked balls too.

Franks or Trask will have to step up. I just don't see duck lips having what it takes. Trask probably has enough talent, but the comments about confidence hold weight. We'd be naive not to think the kid's lack of experience is setting him back in that regard.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
While Trask may have practice throws in his highlights (I haven't watched), it is wrong to say he played in mop up against second or third string. HS coach indicated there was a rotation - Trask played got every 3rd, 4th, or whatever, drive. It's not like the other team subbed in the second string defense just because who was at QB.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I fear regardless of who ends up playing, we don't have a single SEC level quarterback on our roster. Both frosh were projects at best and from all info available, that status hasn't changed. We already know del taco aint got it. Hope to be wrong and we have a functioning offense with a decent qb this year, but I think the odds are stacked against it.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I fear regardless of who ends up playing, we don't have a single SEC level quarterback on our roster. Both frosh were projects at best and from all info available, that status hasn't changed. We already know del taco aint got it. Hope to be wrong and we have a functioning offense with a decent qb this year, but I think the odds are stacked against it.

Have you not watched SEC quarterbacks the past 5 years? :lol:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It doesn't take much to be an SEC QB? You're setting a low bar...

(I was making fun of how bad SEC QB play has been. Moving along..)
It doesn't take much to suck in the SEC as a qb. Our team is exhibit A. It does take some ability to do well, and whether other teams have or haven't had any doesn't change the fact that we haven't in a long time and as best we can tell, still don't.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is exactly where I am. I doubt any of these kids would be better than 3rd string in OBC or even CUM days.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
And who asked the question? Bowl. Who asked tue questions about Guy whatever, Provancha, and Murphy before that? Always Bowl.

What is Nusschamp supposed to say? Is Nusschamp supposed to admit Trash is just 4th string insurance? We knew he would never leave even if we managed to sign Eason AND Franks?

I think you may end up being wrong on him. Wouldn't be too surprising if he is starting a few games into the season if Franks was to keep struggling with turnovers.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think you may end up being wrong on him. Wouldn't be too surprising if he is starting a few games into the season if Franks was to keep struggling with turnovers.
Look, I hope SOMEONE, even Trash, comes out and plays a decent QB behind a decent line and that we have decent playcalling. I HOPE. I dont EXPECT it or think its likely from what my eyes and head tell me.

Im not particularly good at following my heart instead of my head. Im just not. I know it.

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Look I hope SOMEONE comes out and plays a decent QB behind a decent line and that we have decent playcalling. I HOPE. I dont EXPECT it or think its likely from what my eyes and head tell me. Im not particularly good at following my heart instead of my head.

Well, since you dont even have hands and your hoofs cant hold a football, what do you really know about the QB position?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
dont let your dingle dangle
dangle in the dirt...
pick up your dingle dangle
tuck it in your shirt...

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Extremely difficult to think quickly and make good decisions under duress if you don't know the playbook. It's also hard to make good decisions under duress if you've never been under duress. I'm 1000% rooting for Trask but to act like there's any evidence to suggest he's a better decision maker than anyone else is literally insane.

Insane? -Franks has been Driskel 2.0 in the limited time he has played since leaving his high school. He literally is throwing a pick every 3rd pass. I hope he breaks that but it is what it is so far.

J5c4F33b74CpG.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.