“Swamp Kings” on Netflix released

Himey

Founding Member
Super Important Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My former brother in law is a clown fan and he loved Swamp Kings. I think many non Gators will like this series. Before you ask, my sister likely divorced him solely for being a clown.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
People say that is why sos left. Cause even winning wasnt enough. Had to win by huge margins. FFS, those were national championships.............but still not good enough. btw SOS was God. Urban was moses.

He left because he wasn’t getting the support—public, financially or otherwise—from his AD whose defense you rush to the moment people insinuate he sucked and caused all this mess. He also left because he said he’d always wanted to try his system in the NFL, which is why we were all sweating it out after ‘95 when there was genuine interest in the Buc’s job. That was before he ever won a NC and while coaching his favorite ever QB. So that’s incorrect. You’re still a Top-5 favorite poster with bangs here though.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
I binged all 4 episodes. What a time to be alive and be a gator during that run, got goose bumps watching the "cock block".

Was kind of shocked to hear Spikes wasn't a fan of the workouts and being a leader at first. Siler is an absolute beast, hope to come across him one day and get his signature. All in all it was pretty good and I think it was left very tame on purpose.

No Percy, Reggie Nelson, Joe Haden, Carlos Dunlap, Pouncey twins, or Louis Murphy.

No mention of the other scuffle Tebow and Spikes had in practice. Might have been the 08 season.

No mention of Percy beating up Billy G.

Of course no mention of Aaron Hernandez.

Cam Newton is brought up momentarily but it's not discussed why he was kicked off the team.

Why in the phuck was Mullen allowed to be in this at all? Wipe his existence completely away from the University of Florida.

Could have done without Finebaums commentary.

Would have liked for Meyer to go into detail about the 2010 season and how much he was checked out.

I've had a lot of hatred for Urban leaving our program in the shape he did but time has a way of healing things. Some of the sting is still there but damn it that guy is a winner and absolutely gave it his all.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Ok, Finished it up last night.
Indeed, the Georgia game in 07 and our response in 08, was finally covered.
Loved it right up until the schism in the team that Urban should have handled. Spikes vs Tebow...Ugly.

No doubt, Bama was as motivated to kick or ass in the 09 SECCG as we were motivated to kick Ga's ass in 08. Everyone admitted there were issues in the team. Tebow knew he was getting too much credit and too much press. Spikes didn't like it and neither did a bunch of others. Urban should have culled that right out of the team.

Imagine, when you get down to the bottom of all that happened in 09 , that rift between Spikes and Tebow that spread through the team, was never settled. It caused that lack of focus and lack of intensity, to keep that 09 team from winning another natty.

Overall, I loved the entire series. I was in attendance at so many of those wins and didn't miss a FL/ga game from 91 to 2015.
To me, this can do nothing but help recruiting, our overall standing in College Football and our place in the SEC heirarchy.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Finished it last night and they could have talked about others more and focused on a few things longer, but pretty good and left most of the bad out. Still can't believe how much time they spent on the 06 season and not one mention of Reggie Nelson and how amazing he was for that defense. They could have made an entire episode over just his play that year.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
After binging it, it brought back tons of awesome memories from college and my early 20s. Happy to have attended many (if not most) of the games mentioned and certainly watched all the ones I wasn't able to see live.

Surprisingly, it wasn't a hit piece; but in retrospect, I don't think Meyer would've been involved if it were. He's trying to restore his reputation after the Jaguars disaster and what better way than by channeling the era that made him great?

Really could've done without Mullen being there (why not Charlie Strong?); and Feinbaum being the go-to pick for SEC media was especially annoying since he's never liked the Gators and certainly caused a lot of drama with Meyer over that era too.

In looking back, I'm sure Saban took note of a lot of Meyer's mistakes in not having one star dominate national media (causing internal conflicts on the team), and other tidbits as far as how to sustain success.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
After binging it, it brought back tons of awesome memories from college and my early 20s. Happy to have attended many (if not most) of the games mentioned and certainly watched all the ones I wasn't able to see live.

Surprisingly, it wasn't a hit piece; but in retrospect, I don't think Meyer would've been involved if it were. He's trying to restore his reputation after the Jaguars disaster and what better way than by channeling the era that made him great?

Really could've done without Mullen being there (why not Charlie Strong?); and Feinbaum being the go-to pick for SEC media was especially annoying since he's never liked the Gators and certainly caused a lot of drama with Meyer over that era too.

In looking back, I'm sure Saban took note of a lot of Meyer's mistakes in not having one star dominate national media (causing internal conflicts on the team), and other tidbits as far as how to sustain success.
Agree on Strong. His defense was >>> 50% of the reason we had two NCs. And special teams.

Last edited:

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Agree on Strong. His defense was >50% of the reason we had two NCs. And special teams.

Said it in the chat, but it bears mentioning here too: Strong is still widely loved and respected by Gator Nation. Would have loved to hear his thoughts and input on that era--since he was so integral to both Championships.

FAR moreso than Dumbass Dan trying to butt in and restore his reputation.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
about to watch the last two segments. Dont want it to be over.............pumping me up for the Mormon game.....
south park hello GIF by The Book of Mormon (Musical)

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I’m think a lot of the interviews were done a few years back. Someone on Twitter pointed out that Meyer seemed to be sitting in a room with the Jaguar stadium being seen in the distance. Maybe he was still coach of the Jags, and Mullen was still coach of the Gators?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.