2015 Masters

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
El Tigres' putter not quite as hot today compared to the previous 3 rounds.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Oh boy, now we're (Tiger) going back to the "I'm hurt" bag of tricks since he's obviously not going to make any sort of charge. That entire course is filled with pine trees & the roots are everywhere in the rough. Suck it up son, just about every player out there can claim to have caught a root during a swing this week.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tiger has reverted back to what we've seen in the last 18 months, and neither Lefty, Rory, or Rose has put on a charge. I really wanted someone to put pressure on Spieth. Now he only has to not self destruct in the back nine to wear the Jacket. If it's not going to be close, I hope the kid shoots 32-33 on the back nine in a chase for records.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's responded amazingly well & has played, at least to this point, very smart golf. I'd love to see him go ahead & just leave everyone in the rear-view mirror.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like it. With this performance Spieth could wear American flag as his cape the next few years or decade. The Rory vs Spieth arena could get quite interesting.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tiger Woods apparently popped a bone back into place in the middle of the final round of the 2015 Masters.
Woods injured his hand when he hit a tree root with his club while hitting his second shot from the pine straw on the par-4 ninth. Woods dropped his club immediately after hitting the shot, grasping his wrist. He went on to make par, but grabbed the ball from the hole with his left hand, tipped his cap with the left hand and fist-bumped a patron with the left hand.
Apparently, that’s because he dislocated a bone in his hand. After the round, Woods told Bill Macatee about the on-course procedure.
“A bone kind of popped off and a joint went out of place, and I just kind of put it back in,” Woods said.
Macatee was taken aback. “Really?!”
Woods, nonchalantly answered, “Yeah.”
So there you have it.
Woods shot a final-round 73 to finish at 5 under for the tournament. The 14-time major winner said he’ll take some time off before he plays next, which may well be The Players Championship.

------lol----Doctor Woods

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Great performance by Spieth. Appears to have a solid overall game with exceptional touch around the greens, which is a key to winning at Augusta. His family back-story makes it appear that he's an unusually well grounded 21 year old. Cool and calm under pressure which could be valuable in the next Ryder Cup as well as future major championships. A very likeable champion.

We were able to attend Saturday's round and I can tell you that Tiger is still the fan favorite and aside from Phil it's not even close. Bubba and Rory were paired together yesterday, #1 player and defending champ in the same group. They were mostly greeted with polite golf clapping and sometimes with just silence.

Tiger elicits a fan reaction that starts when he walks on the practice green. You can tell where he is on the golf course by the crowd noise. When he birdied 3 in a row early in Saturday's round it was really loud. Nobody receives as many "go get 'em's" from the fans as he does...on the tee, on the green, walking down the fairway.

This isn't a commentary on the current state of his game (although it did look much improved) or his future performance. This is just to say that despite the extreme negatives he provokes from some golf fans he is still the overall crowd favorite, at least based on the crowds at Augusta.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorphan;n208000 said:
I like it. With this performance Spieth could wear American flag as his cape the next few years or decade. The Rory vs Spieth arena could get quite interesting.

You're right. Next year's Masters should be a dogfight between Rory and Jordan, the two young guns of the PGA.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n207702 said:
No, no hate at all. Just facts.

Complete BS and you know it. There are facts in there, but there is also plenty of hate.

Dec 10, 2014
LagoonGator68;n208023 said:
Tiger Woods apparently popped a bone back into place in the middle of the final round of the 2015 Masters.
Woods injured his hand when he hit a tree root with his club while hitting his second shot from the pine straw on the par-4 ninth. Woods dropped his club immediately after hitting the shot, grasping his wrist. He went on to make par, but grabbed the ball from the hole with his left hand, tipped his cap with the left hand and fist-bumped a patron with the left hand.
Apparently, that’s because he dislocated a bone in his hand. After the round, Woods told Bill Macatee about the on-course procedure.
“A bone kind of popped off and a joint went out of place, and I just kind of put it back in,” Woods said.
Macatee was taken aback. “Really?!”
Woods, nonchalantly answered, “Yeah.”
So there you have it.
Woods shot a final-round 73 to finish at 5 under for the tournament. The 14-time major winner said he’ll take some time off before he plays next, which may well be The Players Championship.

------lol----Doctor Woods

Doesn't he have some sort of advisor/agent that alerts him to the fact that this constant reversion to injuries is preposterous and damaging to his image? Notice he didn't have to withdraw from the Masters when there was money to be made. I don't get how he looks at constantly being injured as better for his image. And if he has such a glass jaw at this time and he's every time he plays, then he needs to hang it up for a year or two.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n207730 said:
Just a quick note from the grammar police: There is no such phrase as "could of." Please people....either "could've," or "could have."

Thank you.
I like coulda, woulda, and for the trifecta of excuses, shoulda.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n207730 said:
Just a quick note from the grammar police: There is no such phrase as "could of." Please people....either "could've," or "could have."

Thank you.

Tell you? I could, of course I'd have to kill you.

Yes, I know....

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n208109 said:
Originally posted by itsgr82bag8r View Post
No, no hate at all. Just facts.

Complete BS and you know it. There are facts in there, but there is also plenty of hate.

Sorry, this fish aint bitin'.

Partial credit for trying though!

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n208051 said:
riginally posted by Gatorphan View Post

You're right. Next year's Masters should be a dogfight between Rory and Gordon, the two young guns of the PGA.

Who is this Gordon you speak of?

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n208165 said:

Yeah, some fish just can't handle facts. It is ok though.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n208133 said:
I like coulda, woulda, and for the trifecta of excuses, shoulda.

It's not your grammar, Dude. Zambo's just out of sorts because once again his pet kitty cat, Edrick, is not winning the Masters or any other Major. How long has it been? That makes 27 Majors in a row Zambo, Ox and the rest of his suffering fans on the GCBM have cried their bitter tears. Now we have the Young Guns, Rory and Jordan, coming on like Gangbusters and stealing the media spotlight to add insult to injury.

What is Nike, the Golf Channel and the GCMB gonna do?

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n208175 said:
Originally posted by itsgr82bag8r View Post

Yeah, some fish just can't handle facts. It is ok though.

jlaw-whtvr.gif

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I actually tried to post in the Tiger Woods thread on Wedensday night to kick off the tournament in fashion but couldn't get the post to go through on the iPad. It's well known that I've been one of the most vocal Tiger critics around for well over a decade. I've also accurately predicted on this board and the old GSMB that Tiger wouldn't win majors for the past 5 or so years and that he will be fortunate to win one more major in his career (and have privately predicted this to those I know long before joining the message boards) and that tying and breaking Jack's record isn't going to happen. My thesis is still firmly in tact.

One thing in my criticism of Tiger is that I have always been fair and unbiased. On that note, I will say that he played well this past weekend relatively speaking. Obviously he was never a threat to win the tournament but he made a good showing for himself. The question now becomes was this a one-off or is Tiger's game starting to round back in to form? Personally I don't see him proving me wrong on my majors predicitions but if he stays healthy we may see him around the top 10-top 15 of the leaderboad more frequently than we have the past few years and he will probably win a few of the lesser tournaments from time to time.

On a side note, I tried to post on Wednesday about Tiger's new demeanor. I saw a few pre-Masters interviews that he did and he seemed much more humble than the old Tiger and dare I say, ALMOST likable at times. I guess a hard fall from the top will do that to some people. It would have been nice to see him compliment Speith on his record tying performance at the Masters but aside from that, maybe the past few years have taught Tiger something about being more human, more humble and more approachable.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n208522 said:
I actually tried to post in the Tiger Woods thread on Wedensday night to kick off the tournament in fashion but couldn't get the post to go through on the iPad. It's well known that I've been one of the most vocal Tiger critics around for well over a decade. I've also accurately predicted on this board and the old GSMB that Tiger wouldn't win majors for the past 5 or so years and that he will be fortunate to win one more major in his career (and have privately predicted this to those I know long before joining the message boards) and that tying and breaking Jack's record isn't going to happen. My thesis is still firmly in tact.

One thing in my criticism of Tiger is that I have always been fair and unbiased. On that note, I will say that he played well this past weekend relatively speaking. Obviously he was never a threat to win the tournament but he made a good showing for himself. The question now becomes was this a one-off or is Tiger's game starting to round back in to form? Personally I don't see him proving me wrong on my majors predicitions but if he stays healthy we may see him around the top 10-top 15 of the leaderboad more frequently than we have the past few years and he will probably win a few of the lesser tournaments from time to time.

On a side note, I tried to post on Wednesday about Tiger's new demeanor. I saw a few pre-Masters interviews that he did and he seemed much more humble than the old Tiger and dare I say, ALMOST likable at times. I guess a hard fall from the top will do that to some people. It would have been nice to see him compliment Speith on his record tying performance at the Masters but aside from that, maybe the past few years have taught Tiger something about being more human, more humble and more approachable.

Apparently you were blocked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.