2016 Defense

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Our defense hasn't played at the "elite" level for over a month now..... Using our current defense as the base line, I expect us to be better next season.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I see the defense taking a big step back as well, and I don't see the offense getting much better either, we will still have only 1 WR worth a crap, everyone can say this and that but until I see it happen that's what I'm going with. I'm not trusting a Qb who is on his 3rd school or a true Fr so I expect 6-7 wins next year cause our run game will not carry us like it tried this year.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I expect our offense to be better, our defense to be worse. As far as wins, it's really going to come down to how good or bad our QB play is. It's just astounding the difference the quarterback position is on the game. A good QB can easily be the difference from 6 wins to 12 wins.

If our QB's suck next year we could be looking at a 6 win season.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Withdecent QB play this year (with our o line?) we win twelve games,,.......possibly the 2nd best team behind bama.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I see the defense taking a big step back as well, and I don't see the offense getting much better either, we will still have only 1 WR worth a crap, everyone can say this and that but until I see it happen that's what I'm going with. I'm not trusting a Qb who is on his 3rd school or a true Fr so I expect 6-7 wins next year cause our run game will not carry us like it tried this year.

I will happily take your money bro

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Y'all are a bunch of unrealistic babies for the most part. Mac was left with a pile of trash, give it some time. Good grief.

Year 1- 10 wins. I will take it. We are in rebuild mode, what more do you want?

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Need a new policy, you whiff a tackle, 2-100 yard sprints and 100 pushups, prance around after whiffing three times and finally make a play, 200 burpies! Agree about getting pushed around, two many after the play cheapness as opposed to toughness where it counts. And for gosh sake, some linebackers

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Y'all are a bunch of unrealistic babies for the most part. Mac was left with a pile of trash, give it some time. Good grief.

Year 1- 10 wins. I will take it. We are in rebuild mode, what more do you want?

Yep. The chicken littles are out in force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Yep. The chicken littles are out in force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean I understand being frustrated, I did my fair share of venting in the box. However, you have to look at the big picture and realize what's been accomplished and the hand Mac was dealt.

I am confident that Mac has us on the right path.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We were abysmal today. But one game doesn't define an entire season. Our defense has been
stellar all year.

Harris played like garbage again and our defense just decided to not show up. They just didn't care about the bowl game. It happens.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Btw CeCe was injured in the game.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We were abysmal today. But one game doesn't define an entire season. Our defense has been
stellar all year.

I guess you haven't watched the last 3 games?

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I am more worried about the Defensive scheme of Collins than the lack of talent at places. Still don't know whey the hell he is playing so much zone when we have 3 corners that can play man to man. This area will take a step back next year. VH3 will be a bust if he plays like he has this year, but our D the last couple of games has been on the field the majority of the time. The D today looked like a group of guys with their head somewhere else and from snap one knowing the O would not do it's part.

The O will be better as long as Treon is not the QB.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I guess you haven't watched the last 3 games?

I saw an offense that was on the field for 16 minutes. What defense excels against the #1 team in the nation playing 44 minutes. I'll hang up and listen.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
stellar all year.

Harris played like garbage again and our defense just decided to not show up. They just didn't care about the bowl game. It happens.

Our defense was horrible for the majority of LSU, FSU, Bama and the Bowl game. Other than those 4 games, yeah we were stellar.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Our defense was horrible for the majority of LSU, FSU, Bama and the Bowl game. Other than those 4 games, yeah we were stellar.

How was that? And please be detailed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator