Recruiting 2019 Early Signing Day Thread 12/19

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The lack of any 5* is very troubling....... I would expect 1 or 2 just by accident....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The lack of any 5* is very troubling....... I would expect 1 or 2 just by accident....
Sanders and Steele arent really the problem. Nice dessert but missing the entree.

We need some DL with size. Some LBs larger than 210 lbs would have been nice too but I do like our LBs, eventually.

And safeties. We ideally need a safety who is ready NOW. Our pair of safeties are about as bad as Ive ever seen in the SEC. Consistently atrocious at both coverage and run stopping.

Last edited:

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah but last year it was Wait Til Next Year. Now it is Wait Til Next Year. Totally different thing.
But our OL greatly improved as well as Qb? Are we back? No. But much better than before. Let’s luck our wombs. Stabilize and prepare for the next chapter. Realize it’s going to be lesser than the heyday.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sanders and Steele arent really the problem. Nice dessert but missing the entree.

We need some DL with size and safeties. Some LBs larger than 210 lbs would have been nice too but I do like our LBs, eventually.
Donate to the feeding trough!

Agreed. A little disappointed but let’s hope there’s something we don’t see.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018

I think you’ve summed up the mismatch between expectations and reality in one sentence. Why would the current crap of a Gator program automatically deserve a couple of five stars? It’s not like there aren’t dozens of other programs in better shape than ours beating down the doors of these five stars.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
I think you’ve summed up the mismatch between expectations and reality in one sentence. Why would the current crap of a Gator program automatically deserve a couple of five stars? It’s not like there aren’t dozens of other programs in better shape than ours beating down the doors of these five stars.
That's the whole point. The expectations at the flagship school in the state of Florida should always be to land elite recruits. Instead, the reality is that we've allowed the program to sink to such depths that that now seem inconceivable to some. The first step in recovery is acceptance. When Arkansas is kicking your ass in recruiting, you have a problem.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Smocking mirrors?
Smocking mirrors?
giphy.gif

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014

We need some DL with size. Some LBs larger than 210 lbs would have been nice too but I do like our LBs, eventually.

And safeties. We ideally need a safety who is ready NOW. Our pair of safeties are about as bad as Ive ever seen in the SEC. Consistently atrocious at both coverage and run stopping.
This.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
God, I miss the days when we had a pipeline of studs playing on the D interior. We needed to sign elite DTs, LBs, and Safeties who can come in and contribute immediately if we can legitimately expect to compete for championships anytime soon. We had some solid additions today, but this class is severely lacking in many ways.

Hopefully Mullen can figure out how to win shootouts against the big boys, because we will continue to struggle to stop anyone who knows how to run the football, or pass across the middle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator