Recruiting 2019 Early Signing Day Thread 12/19

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Please, the Boosters "allowed" Chimp a fourth year. You have no clue about the big picture at the present day University of Florida. Your are stuck in the 90's and 00's with Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Spikes and the Pouncey boys.It's not all about football in the President's office any longer. Winning is nice as long as the program stays clean.

The president’s office hasn’t been all about football since 1984.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018

Just because you found four other like minds here doesn’t change the fact that football is no longer king at UF. We ain’t Bama.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The big boosters need to start holding up their end of the deal again. When is the last time we had a new recruit showing off a fancy new ride after signing with us.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Very lazy and tired, I will not read the whole thread before dropping my thoughts. I know some of these things have already been said by others, but my thoughts on recruiting.

I like a lot of who Mullen has brought in. With that said, I am sick of Santa Fe graduates (or at least they tried to graduate) running around acting like being behind Washington and a Sh*t FSU program are acceptable. And that to get a top 10 recruiting class it "takes time". Yea...I'd list all the coaches, including Will F'ing Muschamp who have pulled that feat early and often. Hell, we are in the same boat as Taggart and he's still ahead of us after defections. Hell, we were behind the Tennessee until thank God we swept Lakeland. There is absolutely NO reason we should ever be behind that dumpster fire of a program.

Speaking of Tennessee Georgia:

Legitimately, I want someone to tell me how Kirby Smart and Jeremy Pruitt in Year Two of being a head coach can put together higher rated classes than a guy with a 10 year track record. Don't give me some unsubstantiated bs. Tell me how after the season we had, if Mullen is the elite coach many say he is (jury is still out on me, though he did a very good job this year), how we are looking at a 4th straight year of no 5 stars.

If I looked, I'm sure I could find articles in each of the last 5 years that were written saying something to the effect of "next year's class will be the special one". I'm sick of a Chicago Cubs mentality.

Now don't get me wrong, I realize the transfers we got last year (Grimes/Shuler/Jefferson) were also big gets. I think plenty in this class will be fine. However, let's stop acting like every player is a diamond in the rough and that plenty of 5 stars fail...yet since 2012 every UF 5 star has played in the NFL. It would be nice to close a talent gap.

Some big gets today, but lets not do what many are doing and pretend that recruiting rankings don't matter. The facts would disagree with you. Here's one I know for sure, '14 Mizzou is the ONLY SEC team to reach the SEC title game with no 5 stars on their roster in at least the last 10 years. Perhaps this roster can do something special, but as my whole point is, stop lying to everyone with bs excuses that simply saying "Kirby Smart" dismisses.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You dumpers can't handle the truth. Mullen is here for the long haul. Read the Serenity Prayer or something.

shopping
serenity-now-gif-13.gif

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Very lazy and tired, I will not read the whole thread before dropping my thoughts. I know some of these things have already been said by others, but my thoughts on recruiting.

I like a lot of who Mullen has brought in. With that said, I am sick of Santa Fe graduates (or at least they tried to graduate) running around acting like being behind Washington and a Sh*t FSU program are acceptable. And that to get a top 10 recruiting class it "takes time". Yea...I'd list all the coaches, including Will F'ing Muschamp who have pulled that feat early and often. Hell, we are in the same boat as Taggart and he's still ahead of us after defections. Hell, we were behind the Tennessee until thank God we swept Lakeland. There is absolutely NO reason we should ever be behind that dumpster fire of a program.

Speaking of Tennessee Georgia:

Legitimately, I want someone to tell me how Kirby Smart and Jeremy Pruitt in Year Two of being a head coach can put together higher rated classes than a guy with a 10 year track record. Don't give me some unsubstantiated bs. Tell me how after the season we had, if Mullen is the elite coach many say he is (jury is still out on me, though he did a very good job this year), how we are looking at a 4th straight year of no 5 stars.

If I looked, I'm sure I could find articles in each of the last 5 years that were written saying something to the effect of "next year's class will be the special one". I'm sick of a Chicago Cubs mentality.

Now don't get me wrong, I realize the transfers we got last year (Grimes/Shuler/Jefferson) were also big gets. I think plenty in this class will be fine. However, let's stop acting like every player is a diamond in the rough and that plenty of 5 stars fail...yet since 2012 every UF 5 star has played in the NFL. It would be nice to close a talent gap.

Some big gets today, but lets not do what many are doing and pretend that recruiting rankings don't matter. The facts would disagree with you. Here's one I know for sure, '14 Mizzou is the ONLY SEC team to reach the SEC title game with no 5 stars on their roster in at least the last 10 years. Perhaps this roster can do something special, but as my whole point is, stop lying to everyone with bs excuses that simply saying "Kirby Smart" dismisses.

Good points as always, Truth, but how at this point, over this last decade of garbage with a one year coach, do we magically snap our fingers and roll in a top five class?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Weren’t we bitching about something last year this time?

gatorjohn

Founding Member
Rev
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Probably technical difficulties. Happens all the time.

Or maybe mom ran off with it. Remember Cece’s Dad?
After he made his choice Dad grabbed the FSU had and held it up. Maybe He ran off with LOI

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
I wonder how much of this has to do with academics?
I'm sure these kids understand the academic standards required at UF.
Unfortunately, most of these 5* kids are sniffing the NFL and seeking the path of least resistance.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well... did we land anyone worth a damn? Did we fill any holes?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
!
Good points as always, Truth, but how at this point, over this last decade of garbage with a one year coach, do we magically snap our fingers and roll in a top five class?
How much garbage has Tinerc and Arky had? Why are they out recruiting McElmullinz Three Star Whisperer Part 2.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well... did we land anyone worth a damn? Did we fill any holes?
We got bodies on the OL. Some guys who really need the weightroom at LB. A few other dudes w pulses.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We got bodies on the OL. Some guys who really need the weightroom at LB. A few other dudes w pulses.
Sounds like what I heard earlier today. Wasn’t gonna read 8 pages to catch up.

No DTs, DEs or Safties, huh?

Tay Bang

Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members