Recruiting 2019 Early Signing Day Thread 12/19

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
6 more spots left for February right? Not counting any other NFL guys or transfers..

Yep.

My wish list (fairy tale):
2 CBs - Steele and 1 other (Dent? Hahaha)
1 S - Elam
2 DE - Chris Bogle and 1 other
2 DT - surprise me

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Man. Can't win with this group. Fact is, thanks to Foley (which means Urban's quitsies-no-quitsies-dazzio crap, chump and butters), WE ARE A 3 STAR SCHOOL. That's our brand right now. Our facilities suck just as much as our program has sucked for the last 8 years when the match was first thrown in the dumpster. The kids we are recruiting this year were 8 years old the last time we won a NC or was relevant. All they have seen us do is suck for most of their lives.

Mullen was hired to come here and FIX THE OFFENSE and change the culture. So far ... he is doing it. Yesterday was a big step in fixing the offense the right way ... starting with the OL. Throw in picking up a good QB for the 2nd year in a row as well as a good prospect on the board already for next year and I think he is doing it right. Add Wright into the stable of RBs we have as well. He is fixing the O!

With that said, he is going to fail if he breaks the D in the process. Recruiting isn't over yet though and he still has time as well as good prospects still out there to get. Now he needs to go get them and kicks Michigan's azze on the way.

Thats my take on how we sit right now. A lot of positives to like along with the obvious potential negatives coming our way in Feb if he doesn't get some stuff for our D.

Last edited:

gatorgrad'02

Aug 10, 2015
Yep.

1 S - Elam
2 DT - surprise me

By my count with no attrition we have 69 returning scholarship players (not including CGJ). We need to drop 5 just to fit the current 21 (that won’t be too hard, I think we lose 4 more to the NFL). There’s a few obvious candidates to be processed out, but I’m having a hard time seeing us make room for a full class of 25 or more (plus a grad transfer or two). Not saying it won’t or shouldn’t happen, but it isn’t a sure thing.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Look, this is true. You know I like big butts and it would have been catastrophic if we pulled an wiLLLie and landed only one P5 type OL.

But trenches are both sides. And we only recruited one side of the trench.

There are 7 L’s in WiLLLLLLLy

Yep.

1 S - Elam
2 DT - surprise me
I thought Elam was a CB?

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
swampy, you watch the presser? i told you to settle down. cdm is aware of your/our needs
I love the fact that he mentioned that. It was refreshing to hear a coach be frank in his assessments. I'm fairly confident he'll bring in a big body for the Dline. Safety? We may have to wait another year. Not much quality left at that position. My hope is that Burney will fill one slot. Stewart isn't great, but he's serviceable. The other guys shouldn't be at Florida.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Man. Can't win with this group. Fact is, thanks to Foley (which means Urban's quitsies-no-quitsies-dazzio crap, chump and butters), WE ARE A 3 STAR SCHOOL.
While his is true, I wont accept it.

Yes, we are a third tier, probably lower third tier, SEC school. And yet, the man is getting paid top six money to fix it.

Top six money means top results, not not the same Ole Quiverlips' excuses.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
While his is true, I wont accept it.

Yes, we are a third tier, probably lower third tier, SEC school. And yet, the man is getting paid top six money to fix it.

Top six money means top results, not not the same Ole Quiverlips' excuses.

And he has on a trajectory to get it fixed. He is fixing the offense first and foremost. I dont think anyone is making excuses because we aren't to the point where excuses are needed yet. I think that is what the issue is with what you are saying. You are forecasting the future as if they are facts. This class aint done yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.