Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In the last 3 months we've landed 3 guys. UGA got 3 in the last week and Arkansas landed 4 guys in 3 days. Btw htf are we behind Arkansas in recruiting?

Rankings at this point are worthless to me I don’t care about Arkansas or those ranked ahead of us now there’s lots of time until signing day. What’s concerning is the lack of star players that are on our board. If we were leading for a bunch of 4-5* studs with a high likelihood of landing them the rankings today don’t mean ****. But the sad fact is we lead for very few and the ones we do we keep seeming to lose as time drags on. You can always close strong and jump up rankings but there is little hope for that here

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Acutally technically, we lost a player as Justin Watkins left after the arrest. We are decruiting at this point.

This has nothing to do with recruiting per se. Every year 10ish guys leave UF early. Sometimes it is in their first term at UF, sometimes it is after 4 years even though they redshirted. This impacts how many a program can sign each year, but the fact that Justin Watkins did not have the talent to play for UF does not take him out of UF's 2018 signing class.

Now it does affect talent on the roster as do transfers.

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
12 is a good class.... for Mizzu or USCe.

Besides not being up to par in the team rankings it reminds me of one of those Muschamp classes where all the skill position blue chippers on offense failed to do much. Many of the blue chippers in that class were Franks and a bunch of receivers who haven't done much except for Cleveland.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This has nothing to do with recruiting per se. Every year 10ish guys leave UF early. Sometimes it is in their first term at UF, sometimes it is after 4 years even though they redshirted. This impacts how many a program can sign each year, but the fact that Justin Watkins did not have the talent to play for UF does not take him out of UF's 2018 signing class.

Now it does affect talent on the roster as do transfers.

He was being facetious.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
12 is a good class.... for Mizzu or USCe.

No Fake News, 12 is a class to get excited about at UMo or SoCar. A class ranked 12 is a good UF class, but not one to get excited about.

You chicken littles apparently are all mad when you can not be excited about a class. So you sink to spewing fake news about the program.

It is true that UF has not had a class to get excited about since I guess 2013. It is true UF could use such a class as such a ranking usually means quality and quantity and UF could stand to fill out its roster a bit more.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I'm just giddy with excitement for that onslaught of commits were getting tomorrow, being tomorrow is the last day of July and all.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
No Fake News, 12 is a class to get excited about at UMo or SoCar. A class ranked 12 is a good UF class, but not one to get excited about.

You chicken littles apparently are all mad when you can not be excited about a class. So you sink to spewing fake news about the program.

It is true that UF has not had a class to get excited about since I guess 2013. It is true UF could use such a class as such a ranking usually means quality and quantity and UF could stand to fill out its roster a bit more.

Let me know what recent new hire at one of these big southern football schools will have or have had a worse initial full time to recruit class (2nd class) than Mullen is going to have? Be honest and name us one or more that Mullen will beat out in the team rankings for his 2nd class?

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Some pumping in this piece on Reddit:

one interesting tidbit: author relays a rumor that Summerall committed to us and filmed a video for it while in G-ville.

fake news? anyone heard this elsewhere? we have pulled ahead of the clowns on 247 as far as CBs are concerned.

He thinks we get Black soon too, but the author has doubts about Zip's coming here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
"First of all, Dan has time and time again proven that he doesn't need blue chips to succeed."

PROVE IT.

THESE FVKKING IDIOTS KEEPS SAYING THAT.

Then when you mention 31-39, 2-27, 50-50 vs Burp Bielema and Matt Luke and every other stat, they just start mumbling about he needs Florida talent instead of Cowbell.

When has he not needed blue chips to succeed? In fact, not only does he NEED blue chips, he needs a certain kind of blue chips. He can't succeed with an AllSEC 5 star QB Chris Leak, 5 star AllSEC Chad Jackson, and 4 star Deshawn Wynn, he has to have HIS kind of blue chipper and cannot adapt the offense for prostyle guys.

PROVE IT.

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Some pumping in this piece on Reddit:

one interesting tidbit: author relays a rumor that Summerall committed to us and filmed a video for it while in G-ville.

fake news? anyone heard this elsewhere? we have pulled ahead of the clowns on 247 as far as CBs are concerned.

He thinks we get Black soon too, but the author has doubts about Zip's coming here.

Interesting post that contributes a lot more than just whining. I too was coming to post 3 guys I think Mullen should get or I might start worrying more. They are three guys who broadly from Lakeland High where Mullen should have a real in. These players are:

1. Zipperer
2. Summerall
3. Hammond

Hammond is at IMG now but 247sports says he was at Lakeland, but for all I know UF has zero shot at him. Surely some of the many players signed from Lakeland during Mullen's time as OC at UF can help him with these guys? Certainly that the Pounceys are having NFL success from there via UF should make players from there take UF seriously still.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
"First of all, Dan has time and time again proven that he doesn't need blue chips to succeed."

PROVE IT.

Then when you mention 31-39, 2-27 and every other stat, they just start mumbling about he needs Florida talent instead of Cowbell.

PROVE IT. When has he not needed blue chips to succeed. In fact, not only does he NEED blue chips, he needs a certain kind of blue chips. He can't succeed with an AllSEC 5 star QB Chris Leak, 5 star AllSEC Chad Jackson, and 4 star Deshawn Wynn, he has to have HIS kind of blue chipper and cannot adapt the offense for those guys.
Well, I’m not going that far but there’s much truth in there. You can’t say “his record sucked against ranked teams because he had inferior talent” and then talk about how he’s going to right the ship here without recruiting elite talent. If he can’t recruit well enough to compete with FSU and the SEC, then he won’t be here more than 4 years.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

PROVE IT.

Then when you mention 31-39, 2-27, 50-50 vs Burp Bielema and Matt Luke and every other stat, they just start mumbling about he needs Florida talent instead of Cowbell.

When has he not needed blue chips to succeed? In fact, not only does he NEED blue chips, he needs a certain kind of blue chips. He can't succeed with an AllSEC 5 star QB Chris Leak, 5 star AllSEC Chad Jackson, and 4 star Deshawn Wynn, he has to have HIS kind of blue chipper and cannot adapt the offense for those guys.

PROVE IT.

You are of course correct that these are conflicting points of view.

My view is that UF always gets talent no matter who the coach is. UF's talent ranking despite a lost decade and two transition classes on the current roster validate my view there.

So to me the issue with Mullen remains as always coaching. Will he be better with UF level talent in the East with UF's annual 3 game he should win on talent alone or will he continue to lose to all ranked teams and throw in a SoAL from time to time too?

All we can do is wait and watch those five games in September. I think by the end of the first week in October we will pretty much know what we have.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Let me know what recent new hire at one of these big southern football schools will have or have had a worse initial full time to recruit class (2nd class) than Mullen is going to have? Be honest and name us one or more that Mullen will beat out in the team rankings for his 2nd class?

We will of course have to know what Mullen's second class is first. You chicken little have already internalized your fake news that this class will be terrible. Some people actually want to wait and see what really happens.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We will of course have to know what Mullen's second class is first. You chicken little have already internalized your fake news that this class will be terrible. Some people actually want to wait and see what really happens.
It’s happening right now. Our class ranking is crap. Our rivals are way ahead of us on number and quality of recruits. We lose a recruit and our board continues to dwindle. Keep your head in the sand if you choose to.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016

Please repeat this in English. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.