Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I’d be ok with that. Trey has done very well for a frosh and that suggests he could pick up the responsibilities of Chauncey’s position. Wilson, CJ, and Dean would be quite the starting trio. Now let’s find some safeties.

Some have said Dean is more suited for Safety. Maybe we get some DBs that allow us some flexibility to find the best combo next year? Lord knows we need it.

Off topic, I wonder how much our D was affected by the loss of Wilson? You could see at times Grantham wasn’t as aggressive when our secondary was hurting. Could the outcome of ky or mizzou have been different? IDK, but I certainly wonder...

leogator

May 5, 2018
Some have said Dean is more suited for Safety. Maybe we get some DBs that allow us some flexibility to find the best combo next year? Lord knows we need it.

Off topic, I wonder how much our D was affected by the loss of Wilson? You could see at times Grantham wasn’t as aggressive when our secondary was hurting. Could the outcome of ky or mizzou have been different? IDK, but I certainly wonder...
There is a substantial fall off between Wilson and the backups. The way Chauncey was used is not typical of nickel. He played in or near the box a lot, maybe covering for bad safety play.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
There is a substantial fall off between Wilson and the backups. The way Chauncey was used is not typical of nickel. He played in or near the box a lot, maybe covering for bad safety play.

Really hope Burney catches on... he might be used at S, LB or Nickel. Lots of options there.

Edit: considering our current outlook for LB and S for the class of ‘19, we should try to keep Burney in the secondary and see what our incoming LBs can do.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Really hope Burney catches on... he might be used at S, LB or Nickel. Lots of options there.
I like his frame if we are going to run a nickel all the time and play him in the box. Lil David Reese also. I might even like Jeawon Taylor there. He hits pretty well. I definitely don't like Taylor at FS.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, we could just have serviceable safeties back there helping deep.

I also don't want a little safety in the box playing "OLB" in a "3-4" and getting destroyed on every edge run.

leogator

May 5, 2018
I'd rather have our two safeties play in the box and the bigger nickel be more of a coverage nickel.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Mullen and two other coaches went to Virginia - did they see another kid while they were up that way?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
We need Safeties, not corners. I would assume this kid is being recruited for Safety, but still a reach at 165lbs. CB'd to LSU.

No opinion on this kid, but I wonder if they can get enough quality CBs and LBs that they move Dean and Burney to S? I’d still rather they land a stud S, and if they’re looking for a flip they should leverage the dumpster fires in tally and noxville.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
No opinion on this kid, but I wonder if they can get enough quality CBs and LBs that they move Dean and Burney to S? I’d still rather they land a stud S, and if they’re looking for a flip they should leverage the dumpster fires in tally and noxville.
I thought Burney was playing safety?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.