Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Totally agree. One of the most important gets right now. If Pickering flips and we get them both they could both rise very quickly up the depth chart with the current roster. Any word on Pickering?

Pickering played for a state championship last night and his team lost, he got injured in the game but later returned. I imagine now that his season is over we'll hear more about his recruitment. He's still committed to MSU, but UF and Alabama are pursing hard. I don't expect him to flip though. He seems content playing for his home team.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Cowart, the 5*, #1 player in the nation who struggled to even break the rotation at Auburn. Did the recruiting services really miss the boat on him!!! They don't have categories in their evaluation for work ethic in practice and relentless effort in games.
Classic tweener.

Like RoPo.

That year that Rocket Scientist Chimp was trying to recruit three tweeners for us to play the same Buck position.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Pickering played for a state championship last night and his team lost, he got injured in the game but later returned. I imagine now that his season is over we'll hear more about his recruitment. He's still committed to MSU, but UF and Alabama are pursing hard. I don't expect him to flip though. He seems content playing for his home team.
His girlfriend definitely liked Gainesville.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Classic tweener.

Like RoPo.

That year that Rocket Scientist Chimp was trying to recruit three tweeners for us to play the same Buck position.
He was 6-3, 277 as a freshman at Auburn. You mean tweener between SDE and...SDE?

The big miss was Jeff Holland that year. Wasn't 2015 the transition year between Chump and Mc Elwain?

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He was 6-3, 277 as a freshman at Auburn. You mean tweener between SDE and...SDE?

The big miss was Jeff Holland that year. Wasn't 2015 the transition year between Chump and Mc Elwain?

Yeah, Muschamp essentially stole both of those players. No telling if Cowart would have been better here...but Holland was a star from Day 1. I think Jarrod Davis was just as good, but having both of those guys on the same team would have been nice....but wasted due to the other side of the ball being mentally retarded.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Yeah, Muschamp essentially stole both of those players. No telling if Cowart would have been better here...but Holland was a star from Day 1. I think Jarrod Davis was just as good, but having both of those guys on the same team would have been nice....but wasted due to the other side of the ball being mentally retarded.

Somebody needs to get all of these buyout clauses right. No more full buyouts, just one or two years. If you want to work during those two years your buyout will be reduced by how much you're making in your new job.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Somebody needs to get all of these buyout clauses right. No more full buyouts, just one or tow years. If you want to work during those two years your buyout will be reduced by how much you're making during in your new job.

I agree completely...but, it's a supply and demand thing. If we wanted to lure a coach from another school I doubt you could get a favorable buyout clause, especially if the coach is being pursued by other schools. I've said 20 times now if Mullen fails let's go hire a successful 1AA or D2 coach like Kerwin....offer $500K w/ incentives that get him to $3 million or so (such as $100K for any win over 9 wins, $500K for winning the SEC, $1 million for an NC, etc). I think it's absurd what's going on w/ salaries, especially w/ empty seats (I know the ESPN money is coming in, but if there's empty seats it means the team isn't performing up to par). It'll never happen (the 1AA coach scenerio) at a school like UF, but I'd love to see a Vandy or Wake Forest do it in the future.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Holland had huge grade issues. I don't remember him getting an OV.

I think Champ was at Auburn that year.

Transition class. Chimp left us with the 100+ recruiting class because he knew he was sh itty and getting fired. So he didn't get any top talent to commit.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Holland had huge grade issues. I don't remember him getting an OV.

Transition class. Chimp left us with the 100+ recruiting class because he knew he was sh itty and getting fired. So he didn't get any top talent to commit.
Yeah but he had no problem getting into Auburn.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
This is hurting my thumb to type this, but Mac actually did a good job with his 1st class. I forgot we were literally outside the top 80 in recruiting that year. In a matter of a few months, Mac put together a top 20 class.

I’m gonna sterilize my thumb now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Holland struggled til year three. CeCe was the only one that showed anything as a Fr, then we move him to DT, bc, you know, 245 lbs was big for our DL then.

Last edited:

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Not bashing them. Just stating the obvious. You can go with the theory that Granthem pulled them to sabotage himself. I won't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator