Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The four recruits and families had breakfast at The Swamp Restaurant this morning, dinner in the stadium last night in the sky boxes.

Here's film on Dorlus' senior year, not bad, has a good motor and pretty powerful:

leogator

May 5, 2018
The four recruits and families had breakfast at The Swamp Restaurant this morning, dinner in the stadium last night in the sky boxes.

Here's film on Dorlus' senior year, not bad, has a good motor and pretty powerful:

That's why I have singing his praises. I also like the fact that he sheds blocks fast.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
That's why I have singing his praises. I also like the fact that he sheds blocks fast.

He's still filler. If he's the #4 DL in the class, I'm okay with it. But we need a Fuller, Hunter, Handy, Pickering to go along w/ Humphries. We really need 4 DL's (SDE/DT's) in the class, as Langham was the only one signed last class. I'll add this, if Dorlus signs early I'm okay with it. If he plays games and stretches it out to Feb then cut him loose. His stock will rise rapidly if he holds out, as teams will start looking for un-signed kids and making runs at them - kids that they weren't even recruiting before. It'll be disappointing if they take his commit and he doesn't sign in December.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Cece Jefferson's best year was last year with 47 tackles, 13.5 for a loss and 4.5 sacks. Was at 242# which is pretty comfortable weight for his 6'1' frame.

leogator

May 5, 2018
He's still filler. If he's the #4 DL in the class, I'm okay with it. But we need a Fuller, Hunter, Handy, Pickering to go along w/ Humphries. We really need 4 DL's (SDE/DT's) in the class, as Langham was the only one signed last class. I'll add this, if Dorlus signs early I'm okay with it. If he plays games and stretches it out to Feb then cut him loose. His stock will rise rapidly if he holds out, as teams will start looking for un-signed kids and making runs at them - kids that they weren't even recruiting before. It'll be disappointing if they take his commit and he doesn't sign in December.
From their film I see no difference between Hunter and Dorlus. Plus Hunter played in 5A, Dorlus in 8A.

leogator

May 5, 2018
And remember that coaches get full game film. I am not sure what recruiting services get.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Would rather have Dorlus than Hunter at this point. Hunter has an attitude rep

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
If you want a good look at Brandon Dorlus (58), here's film of the Buford game this season. It isn't a highlight video. The kid looks solid at times. I think he lacks quickness. This is clearly a plan B to me. He does have a high motor. Plays strong.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Hunter was begging us to commit in the spring and we would not let him. So he committed to the Dawgs and then FSU. If he goes with us we would be the third team he commits.

leogator

May 5, 2018
If you want a good look at Brandon Dorlus (58), here's film of the Buford game this season. It isn't a highlight video. The kid looks solid at times. I think he lacks quickness. This is clearly a plan B to me. He does have a high motor. Plays strong.

He held his own against the vaunted Buford OL (5 OL with D1 offers)

leogator

May 5, 2018

At 3:06 you don't think he has quickness? The play is over in 1.5 seconds and he makes the tackle.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
At 3:06 you don't think he has quickness? The play is over in 1.5 seconds and he makes the tackle.

I don't see quickness on that play. I see excellent use of his hands. He is more advanced in that area than most high school d-linemen I've watched. Maybe quickness is the wrong word. Lacks the explosion I see in the higher ranked players. But they don't have his technique. Just from what I've watched in this game, I am impressed.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Wow! That puts his performance in perspective. Thanks for the info. They are massive. lol
He played against their 5* center Harry Miller who is committed to OSU and Riley Simmonds committed to us. Two other OL from Buford are committed to Ole Miss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.