Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
He should get a chance, in 1AA. He'd probably even be able to keep up. Or he can graduate and transfer to Sunbelt.

How many spots do we need to clear? I see easily 6-7 guys that should go way before DS. If that happens and we still need room, we can entertain this.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
How many spots do we need to clear? I see easily 6-7 guys that should go way before DS. If that happens and we still need room, we can entertain this.

Don’t sweat it. We lose 3-5 every year due to unforeseen circumstance.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
A bunch of Butters Specials.

Redshirt juniors who have already spent their 4 years: Rayshad Jackson, Luke Ancrum, and Kylan Johnson.

Three years guys who dont produce: Trash, McWilliams, Lenton, and Wells.

Id really like to see Taylor and Stiner on the outbound list.
Ancrum, do you even watch the games or look at the depth chart. :lmao:

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
We're in the business of winning football games, not providing feel good opportunities for Sunbelt or 1AA level players.

And a Div 3 player.

Have you brought your thoughts on your vision of our football program to the attention of the PTB within the UAA and UF Admin? I doubt they read your tweets.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
We're in the business of winning football games, not providing feel good opportunities for Sunbelt or 1AA level players.

And a Div 3 player.
That's right, some of these guys have been here so long they have cobwebs and have never seen the field. When you see "redshirt senior" you can usually bet he's a dog.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014

And a Div 3 player.
I could go either way on this. If a guy is 4th at his position, been here for more than 2 years, and not even considered in a rotational situation and not contributing on ST's that is a burden that COULD keep coaches from developing another player at that position or possibly another position that doesn't have the same depth.

On the other hand if a kid is showing up, putting on weight, playing hard at practice, NOT getting in trouble, and willing to play on ST's I really think I'd rather coaches do the best for him for a couple of years before giving him the "look, son" talk...

I certainly would not want to see either Ancrum or Stiner shipped out of here next year....lets find out what we have coming in before sending guys with game reps packing....

Every recruiting class is littered with highly ranked kids that never develop....ever. Anyone remember the greatest class of all time? 2010. Dee Finley, Josh Shaw and other 5 stars bombed horribly while even other 5 stars like RoPo, Will Hill and such were horrible for their first 3 years and average players at their best...Elam, Floyd and Easley contributed sparingly in their first seasons and took until their 3rd seasons to reach their peak.

If we keep building balanced classes with good evaluation of players this situation should diminish but the coaches will have to use the 24/7/365 approach to recruiting to make it happen. We'll know for sure by the next class(2020) but it appears were at least trying to get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.