Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
If somehow we snagged Elam, MAR, and Moore, that would be a heck of a recovery and good class. Probably top 10. Not where we need to be long term but definitely moving in the right direction.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
If somehow we snagged Elam, MAR, and Moore, that would be a heck of a recovery and good class. Probably top 10. Not where we need to be long term but definitely moving in the right direction.

Well I was going to dislike your post, but I will just comment instead. If UF finishes with the three players you mention, I am not sure what there is to fault this class about? I personally would like two QBs in it and another defensive tackle would be nice, but other than that it seems balanced and meets needs with on average reasonably ranked players. How is it not what UF needs long term?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Remember, elite facilities are the only thing that matter in recruiting, period. Ask any of the GCMB experts.
Dont be a dumazz. It looks bad on you.

All are pieces to the pie. Ugly is about to see what having liars and, most importantly, a bad game day coach, does for recruiting, despite facilities and bag men.

Last edited:

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Well, time for Mullen to make me feel bad for doubting his recruiting...if he can finish this one. UGA seems to be showing cracks so nows the time to take advantage.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Remember, we're getting all this as a view into the human psyche.
That means the subject-person always projects "The Good Me". And that means the observer is getting the subject's projection of what "good people" approve to hear. It might be a sightly accurate projection. Still, the design of the projection is to bathe everyone in something approved of. That could connect to his kindness? It's safe and touches truth when it's done subconsciously, unknowingly. And if you believe that ....

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

I'd guess that everyone who understands recruiting knows this class is shaping up to be they type of class UF needs long term. Of course there is some casual evidence that the more one follows recruiting the less one understands it.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Are we really at the Pat Dooley "stop watching if you have any criticism" mindset? This board is better than that. There are things that have made me believe that this class may be underrated, like Black being lowered because he missed his senior year, but there's plenty of other things like the lack of five star talent. As I've said before Only one team, 2014 Mizzou, has made the SEC Title game, and zero have won it without a five star in over the last decade. Yes, this team could buck that trend, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't expect things to continue to get better. And before I see some person bring up Clemson's recruiting rankings, please tell me how many five stars they had on that Natty team.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are we really at the Pat Dooley "stop watching if you have any criticism" mindset? This board is better than that. There are things that have made me believe that this class may be underrated, like Black being lowered because he missed his senior year, but there's plenty of other things like the lack of five star talent. As I've said before Only one team, 2014 Mizzou, has made the SEC Title game, and zero have won it without a five star in over the last decade. Yes, this team could buck that trend, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't expect things to continue to get better. And before I see some person bring up Clemson's recruiting rankings, please tell me how many five stars they had on that Natty team.
And how empty some of those classes are. Low rankings based on size not quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator