Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

More seriously, as of right now UGa and UF both have 23 players committed. UGa's class is:

QB: 3
RB: 1
WR: 2
TE: 1
OL: 3
DL: 7
LB: 3
DB: 3

So where do you like that class compared to UF's? Would you like UF to sign 3 OL and 7 DL in this class. UF has more OL than I think is ideal, but it is a position of need. Though they can add a lot of "points" to your class, would you like UF to bring in 3 QB prospects? I wanted another QB prospect in this class, but I would hessitate to ever bring in 3 in one class in the 25/85 days.

Since you claim to "follow" recruiting, you do know that interior OL prospects tend to be ranked lower than DL prospects? Still I think UF needs the interior OL prospects it has taken.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I like how things are going. No point in sweating it at this point. He's got some leash.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Good lord Ox, you can't look it up?
It's Teddy Bridgewaters 'Bike Life' dance where he mimics riding a dirt bike. Kids obviously love it.

Retarded.

My comment had nothing to do with Mullen, by the way. I don't care what he does to get recruits. If he needs to buy them Fleshlights, so be it. I just wanted to know what the dumb thing was supposed to signify.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Yeah, sure.

This is utterly ridiculous! In a 5 year period, it would be nice to have 2-3 top 5 classes. You can't find many examples of coaches getting every class to be consensus top 5.

So you don't think it would be good to be in the top 5 every year? Its ridiculous?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

I was just kidding about that link to the UGa gear store. We are talking about UF recruiting and thus talking about UF's roster.

So again would where would you like UGa's class more for UF's roster than UF's class?

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
So you don't think it would be good to be in the top 5 every year? Its ridiculous?
Of course. I want to be #1 every year.
It's ridiculous to think that's the only way we can win. With the advent of the internet everyone's become overly aware of recruiting. Of course you need talent to compete and win, but it's only a component of winning. I tend to think coaching is more valuable recruiting. Look at the team Mac left for Mullen. Most said after 4-7 the team was devoid of talent. Last year a decent coach took essentially the same players and won 10 games.

For analogy: I'd prefer a team of predominantly 3-4* players coached by Spurrier than I would a team of blue chippers coached by Mac.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Sorry you said "NEED" in your first post NOT would be good or even would be better.

In todays world of bama car dealers and hundreds of extra analysts and bag men and skewed recruiting numbers and untold millions in new facilities, we need to be in the top 5 every year. Doesn't mean we can. We are way behind in everything.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
For analogy: I'd prefer a team of predominantly 3-4* players coached by Spurrier than I would a team of blue chippers coached by Mac.

I agree with that assessment but we saw what SOS could do with these types of players at SC. We need top talent in todays world. How many SOSs are out there?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Are we really at the Pat Dooley "stop watching if you have any criticism" mindset? This board is better than that. There are things that have made me believe that this class may be underrated, like Black being lowered because he missed his senior year, but there's plenty of other things like the lack of five star talent. As I've said before Only one team, 2014 Mizzou, has made the SEC Title game, and zero have won it without a five star in over the last decade. Yes, this team could buck that trend, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't expect things to continue to get better. And before I see some person bring up Clemson's recruiting rankings, please tell me how many five stars they had on that Natty team.
lot of new posters recently, many of the candy-ass, head in the sand, everything is wonderful variety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.