Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Don't overreact! Butch Jones has decided not to join Locksley at Maryland and will be an on-field coach at Alabama next fall!!
giphy.gif

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
He can't leave. He's already signed his LOI.

Well it is complicated, but for example when Calipari went to UK, Memphis released their entire class to go to UK. It has also been done in football a few times, but you must make an appeal to get out of your NLOI.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It has also been done in football a few times, but you must make an appeal to get out of your NLOI.
link? bc I think it has only been as a part of probation if the team is ineligible for championships and bowls. Maybe I'm forgetting something though.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
How many castaway QB’s are some of you thinking we should take this cycle?

By my count, we’re up to 4. Should be one hell of a Spring battle.:lol:
We have a couple of idiots here who should be traded to Central Fl. They are landing 4-6 transfer QBs too.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
How many castaway QB’s are some of you thinking we should take this cycle?

By my count, we’re up to 4. Should be one hell of a Spring battle.:lol:
Just asking. Not expecting a spring QB battle. Trask's injury cost him his shot. E J isn't close. FF is the once and future QB

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Just asking. Not expecting a spring QB battle. Trask's injury cost him his shot. E J isn't close. FF is the once and future QB

I know. It just that every time there’s a hint of some beaten out second string QB transferring, I immediately picture Lloyd Christmas casually yelling, “pick em up!”.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
link? bc I think it has only been as a part of probation if the team is ineligible for championships and bowls. Maybe I'm forgetting something though.

Here are the rules for getting a release from a NLOI:

Asking for an NLI ReleaseI

Here is a case of Wichita State doing so in basketball so a kid can go play for his high school coach Penny Hardaway who got the Memphis job:

Wichita State releases 4-star recruit to play for his HS coach Penny Hardaway at rival Memphis

Here an article about a jump in football recruits asking for a release this year:

NCAA could see record number of NLI release requests with football coaches leaving their schools

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I know. It just that every time there’s a hint of some beaten out second string QB transferring, I immediately picture Lloyd Christmas casually yelling, “pickem up!”.
(1) Who is Father Christmas?
(2) Did he drop his pick up sticks?
(3) Do you think Rattler is washed up or second string or both?
(4) Why should I care about any of this?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
(1) Who is Father Christmas?
(2) Did he drop his pick up sticks?
(3) Do you think Rattler is washed up or second string or both?
(4) Why should I care about any of this?

You grouchy again? This would be back to back weeks.

1) I don’t know.
2) I don’t recall.
3) I’d like to stick with my original characterization.
4) I don’t know.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Here are the rules for getting a release from a NLOI:

Asking for an NLI ReleaseI

Here is a case of Wichita State doing so in basketball so a kid can go play for his high school coach Penny Hardaway who got the Memphis job:

Wichita State releases 4-star recruit to play for his HS coach Penny Hardaway at rival Memphis

Here an article about a jump in football recruits asking for a release this year:

NCAA could see record number of NLI release requests with football coaches leaving their schools
Representatives from Baylor and Iowa State said last year they supported a proposal that released athletes who signed early letters if there’s a coaching change at their respective schools.

"Basically, we're saying kids can go anywhere they want," Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard said. "For the first time ever in college athletics, the student-athlete is empowered."

"Based on the recent abrupt head coach changes, it seems likely that a number of student-athletes from Temple, Houston and Miami will end up transferring and seeking immediate eligibility so they can play next season," Mars told CBS Sports. "With that in mind, the NCAA should seriously consider making the change in the transfer rules that the working group considered this past year."

Iowa and Iowa State support the change and want the rule to pass in the future. But it is not the rule now if that article is right.

I get what you are saying about the rule itself being purposefully vague.

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
You grouchy again? This would be back to back weeks.

1) I don’t know.
2) I don’t recall.
3) I’d like to stick with my original characterization.
4) I don’t know.
Was Rattler washed up before he enrolled? Guess matriculation can do that to some fellows. Christmas was your invention. How can you not know?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Iowa and Iowa State support the change and want the rule to pass in the future. But it is not the rule now if that article is right.

It is not a general rule now. It is done on a case by case basis. But yes at times schools release players from NLOI. I gave you an example in basketball where it is done more often. Here is one in football:

Report: UCLA Football Signee Bryan Addison Released From NLI

It appears UCLA released him because they could not get him admitted.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Was Rattler washed up before he enrolled? Guess matriculation can do that to some fellows. Christmas was your invention. How can you not know?

My original characterization was “castaway”, which is undoubtedly what he’d be if he turns and runs because he may be beaten out for a year. As for Mr Christmas, I said Lloyd, as in the guy from Dumb and Dumber who was eager to take every straggler he and Harry encountered.

I have no idea how this has gotten so far.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
My original characterization was “castaway”, which is undoubtedly what he’d be if he turns and runs because he may be beaten out for a year. As for Mr Christmas, I said Lloyd, as in the guy from Dumb and Dumber who was eager to take every straggler he and Harry encountered.

I have no idea how this has gotten so far.
Thanks

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It appears UCLA released him because they could not get him admitted.
That has always been one of the rules. We had a kid that got released by UF late July or early August who went to scUM in the SOS days.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.