Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I know we've talked about Cross and Gant a lot, but I don't think there's any actual smoke on these two heading to us.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There is a cbs sports interview in which he says that he is visiting Bama this weekend, then LSU, then Ole Miss. Also talks about recruiting for MSU. He is the guy I most wanted, but it doesn't seem likely.
I like him a lot but I haven't seen any evidence that he's ever really been in play for us.

I don't even know how bama could have room.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It has happened. I am not sure if NLOI releases can have restrictions like transfer releases or not.
I think the no restrictions rule was the NCAA rule but only for grad transfers.

the conference can still have rules (for GT or undergrads) and the ncaa still allows teams to restrict undergrads if they want. of course there are still waivers.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I know we've talked about Cross and Gant a lot, but I don't think there's any actual smoke on these two heading to us.
I honestly don't get why cross is repeatedly brought up. There's never even been a hint of him having interest here.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I think the no restrictions rule was the NCAA rule but only for grad transfers.

the conference can still have rules (for GT or undergrads) and the ncaa still allows teams to restrict undergrads if they want. of course there are still waivers.

Right, but the NCAA and the NLOI organization are different though the NCAA manages the day to day operations of the organization:

About the NLI

So of course NCAA rule changes do not change the NLOI rules, but the rules are set by similar groups with overlapping membership. That is why I said, I do not know if a school can only grant a general release from a NOLI or whether schools can restrict a NLOI release like they can with transfers rather grad or not.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
But he hasn’t been interested since his commitment.

From what I’ve read our coaches don’t think he’s good enough...their evaluation is apparently much different than the top 100 ranking he has

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
From what I’ve read our coaches don’t think he’s good enough...their evaluation is apparently much different than the top 100 ranking he has
He did not look good in a game i saw on TV. (Actually the whole DeMatha team looked pretty bad as they were crushed by STA). Of course one game is not necessarily a true reflection....

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Cross is fast but takes bad angles and isn’t very strong or willing to initiate contact he’s not a fit and honestly I’m surprised ppl want him on our roster tbqh

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Cross is fast but takes bad angles and isn’t very strong or willing to initiate contact he’s not a fit and honestly I’m surprised ppl want him on our roster tbqh
I never watched any film. It is obvious w us taking 5 CBs maybe 6, that the staff feels good about moving someone. Id rather have a light LB types (ie Matt Elam) but Grantham thinks we are in the Big 12 facing passing teams.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I watched a couple games cause I was intrigued and honestly he’s great on pass coverage but can’t take on the big bodies for whatever reason...hell do well in the ACC those guys don’t have an SEC schedule filled with big backs and WRs that insist on contact after a catch

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I watched a couple games cause I was intrigued and honestly he’s great on pass coverage but can’t take on the big bodies for whatever reason...hell do well in the ACC those guys don’t have an SEC schedule filled with big backs and WRs that insist on contact after a catch
How about the Big Ten? I suspect PSU will flip him.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Ohio state and PSU are the only teams built like SEC type teams so he should do ok the rest of the conference is either smaller guys like northwestern or Purdue or smash mouth teams like Wisconsin and MSU he’ll do ok there but won’t see the field for awhile

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

If cross sticks with f$u, I look forward to watching Perine and Pierce introduce themselves to him.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Oh yeah that’ll be a great intro I’m looking forward to as well

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I never watched any film. It is obvious w us taking 5 CBs maybe 6, that the staff feels good about moving someone. Id rather have a light LB types (ie Matt Elam) but Grantham thinks we are in the Big 12 facing passing teams.
A lot of people like Diwun in a safety spot

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.