2019 Quarterback Competition

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
For all intensive porpoises this was Frank’s freshman season. He’s still learning. He does a lot of things right and a lot of things that can’t be coached. If Frank’s connected on 3-4 of the long bomb throws this year we wouldn’t be having this convo. And that’s a very easy problem to fix. Downfield post-snap reads may or may not come but are not a big part of this offense and/or won’t effect the outcomes of any games.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
For all intensive porpoises this was Frank’s freshman season. He’s still learning. He does a lot of things right and a lot of things that can’t be coached. If Frank’s connected on 3-4 of the long bomb throws this year we wouldn’t be having this convo. And that’s a very easy problem to fix. Downfield post-snap reads may or may not come but are not a big part of this offense and/or won’t effect the outcomes of any games.
I disagree. How many third-and-28s can you have? It's third-and-nine that's more the problem.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I dont get all the love for EJ and hate for FF. Peeps even making stuff up about FF like he has a slow throwing motion. That is total fabricated BS. FF isn't perfect, far from it. He came to our program as a very rough talent who needed some coaching but we had butters'n'nuss. He seems to have some attitude issues and panics/acts out with pressure, whether that is on field pressure or just everyday pressure of being the starting QB at a big school. But his turn around this year cannot be denied. His stats are impressive and his ability to keep fighting has to be taken into account when you consider this team last year was a bunch of quitters. He is the starting QB of a team that has consistently shown this season to be hard finishers when last season they faded and quitted in the 2nd half of every game.

EJ ... I hope like heck he is as good as all you guys say he is but I just don't see anything yet to say otherwise. What I saw in the bowl game was another bumbled easy option pitch like in a previous game ... and then he came out for good reason. Then FF came in and played better. I sure hope EJ shows up in the off season with the talent some of you guys say is there because if he doesn't I got a feeling JJ is going to lap him while FF gets the starts next season.

FF has shown actual progress on field. EJ is nothing but subjective potential at this time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's not hate. It's reality.
Man, I tell you... between Franks pulling down that MVP and Central Fla getting laughed at by the playoff committee, 78 has become the crankiest old man on GCMB.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Man, I tell you... between Franks pulling down that MVP and Central Fla getting laughed at by the playoff committee, 78 has become the crankiest old man on GCMB.
I'm sorry to complicate your afternoon.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are awesome. This is a real sports bar atmosphere. Kick each other around, have laughs.

Unfortunately, only one of us can be right.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What games did we lose because Frank's was unable to make post snap reads?
Somewhat superficial question, but I'll bite. Maybe one or two. But that's not the real intent. It's on becoming championship caliber.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The one attribute that EJ can't overcome is that Frank's is 6'6 @ 240 lbs. If Frank's starts to willingly run angry it could open other options for him to improve his overall game. I think EJ has the potential to be a starter and the tools but, FF has the game experience. FF is the starter w EJ playing a much larger role next season.

Let me save the suspense for you guys, agree or not.

Franks is the QB next year. Period. Probably the next two years.

The GC water runs downhill to minimize Franks' skookum performances. EJ's non-performances are touted as showing the greatest promise of winning football games. Overlooked are the times, which are frequent, that Franks' good touch drops the ball right into the full-sprinting WR's hands.?? A lot of Franks' incompletions are wise & athletic throwaways, nowadays. Mullen has Franks developing into one of CFB's noteworthy QBs.

I'm already celebrating next year us having a fine set of superior RBs to go with our top dual-threat QB along with several of CFB's best receivers -- all added to our real COY Mullen.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not to mention he's extremely butthurt they didn't let his Bulldogs in the playoffs

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Doubling down, eh? You predicted Jones would unseat Franks by midseason. It's obvious you've been sitting in on the quarterback meetings.

Jones is a natural for this offense. I think you're wrong.

None of us knew with any certainty who would win the competition this year. I thought FF but EJ would take over by Georgia. 78...you thought Trask was going to be the starter.

My prediction....way to early and subject to change....is FF will start and EJ will play significant snaps all year.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
None of us knew with any certainty who would win the competition this year. I thought FF but EJ would take over by Georgia. 78...you thought Trask was going to be the starter.

My prediction....way to early and subject to change....is FF will start and EJ will play significant snaps all year.
Busted. I did predict Trask would be the starter in the preseason.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
[QUOTE="78, post: 830114

Unfortunately, only one of us can be right.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I accept that responsibility every post.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Busted. I did predict Trask would be the starter in the preseason.

My first two concessions to age.....can’t remember names as well as I used to.....and I need my glasses to read.

The rest of the memory bank mostly intact.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Somewhat superficial question, but I'll bite. Maybe one or two. But that's not the real intent. It's on becoming championship caliber.

One or two? So which games are you hanging on Felipe’s inability to make post snap reads?

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The SID has special shirts and such for photos like those to make the players look bigger...Kinda like some guys drop an 80 count baked potato in the front of their drawers before going to the bar.....:lol2:

C'mon, man, I live in the gym. I can spot fake. That kid has put on legit muscle mass.

:lol2:
This could have been read differently. ...especially without that last sentence.
:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator