2019 Quarterback Competition

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If Franks hasn’t earned your respect this year, then he never will.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We watched our offense March it up and down the field pretty much at will against the number 1 defense in the country today with Franks at qb. Why would qb controversy pop up in anyone 's mind?
You're a clown. We left about 30 points on the field, like we've done all season. Play time is over, it's time to take another step forward and let this offense loose.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
You're a clown. We left about 30 points on the field. Play time is over, it's time to take another step forward and let this offense loose.
I'm just not sure we've seen Franks ceiling. Since halftime of the south carolina game he's been very solid.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We watched our offense March it up and down the field pretty much at will against the number 1 defense in the country today with Franks at qb. Why would qb controversy pop up in anyone 's mind?
We were thinking competition. When did it become controversy?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That's all I'm saying. If Franks beats out EJ next season, so be it. Mullen has earned my trust at this point. If Franks wins the job, hopefully he'll be more mature.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That's all I'm saying. If Franks beats out EJ next season, so be it. Mullen has earned my trust at this point. If Franks wins the job, hopefully he'll be more mature.
I agree, but you’ve come across like you hate the kid and want him gone. I like his fight and never give in mentality. We’ve had nothing but quitters, whiners and dopers forever behind center. He’s got some stones.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I agree, but you’ve come across like you hate the kid and want him gone. I like his fight and never give in mentality. We’ve had nothing but quitters, whiners and dopers forever behind center. He’s got some stones.
I don't disagree with you. However, his arrogance and disdain for the fan base has made him difficult to like.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Beats me. Franks has given fans reasons to bash him. EJ has done nothing but look great in his limited opportunities. This team could be legit contenders with an elite QB.

My only counter to that would be that we’re all excited to finally have an actual coach again. And I think it’s clear that coach feels Franks is the best option, both in terms of him sticking with him even after the Mizzou loss, and in terms of wanting to keep EJ’s redshirt in tact. To me that was a look ahead and a clue that he wants to keep FF’s confidence up and create more space between the two.

The great news is for the first time in a while, we don’t have to worry about the better player sitting because a coach doesn’t see it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I don't disagree with you. However, his arrogance and disdain for the fan base has made him difficult to like.
He took a lot of crap since last year. He manned up and did (most) of his talking on the field. Like I said, I like his fire. Hopefully he doesn’t need that chip on his shoulder next year.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Beats me. Franks has given fans reasons to bash him. EJ has done nothing but look great in his limited opportunities. This team could be legit contenders with an elite QB.

Every team is different . We lose a lot on the OL. Whether you like or not Ox, FF is taking the snaps against the canes up until we get a five score lead .

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Every team is different . We lose a lot on the OL. Whether you like or not Ox, FF is taking the snaps against the canes up until we get a five score lead .
Link? You don't know that one freaking bit.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The SID has special shirts and such for photos like those to make the players look bigger...Kinda like some guys drop an 80 count baked potato in the front of their drawers before going to the bar.....2:
C'mon, man, I live in the gym. I can spot fake. That kid has put on legit muscle mass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.