Recruiting 2019 recruiting still Butterslike, #17 class

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Im past "frustration" with this class. It will be no better than another Butters class, 10-20ish.

If I have "frustration" it is that we didnt hear anything about staff evaluations and UF looking to improve our many weak area of our coaching staff.

Is a 3 or 4 loss season decent for a fransition, yeah? Is it going to be good enough the next two years or more? No.

Do we seem to be making a roster that makes losing to UK and Mizzu impossible, even on a bad day? Sadly, no.

Talking about Butters leaving a terrible roster (obviously true) doesnt forgive this staff doing the same thing for the next two classes at least.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Im past "frustration" with this class. It will be no better than another Butters class, 10-20ish.

If I have "frustration" it is that we didnt hear anything about staff evaluations and UF looking to improve our many weak area of our coaching staff.

Is a 3 or 4 loss season decent for a fransition, yeah? Is it going to be good enough the next two years or more? No.

Do we seem to be making a roster that makes losing to UK and Mizzu impossible, even on a bad day? Sadly, no.

Talking about Butters leaving a terrible roster (obviously true) doesnt forgive this staff doing the same thing for the next two classes at least.
It's too early to call the results, Donk. Hang in there, 8 days and counting, . . .

Last edited:

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Very true. But I think the big picture has to be looked at. Where are we coming from, where are we at and where are we going. Butters is in the rear view mirror. Savage and solid coaching is where we are currently at. 2020 recruiting is looking pretty damn good and that is where we are going?

Wiping that butter's stank off requires mulitple wipes. This year's class is still a pretty solid class in filling some serious holes but there is still more wiping to be done. Mullen is scrubbing and the stank is coming off.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
Yes .. true. I guess I was careless with the use of un-committed and non-committed as those terms meant not committed to UF. There were 6 players on visit this past weekend that were not committed to UF and that is what White's comment was directed at. Lucas was one of the 6 on visit and I believe the only OL recruit there that wasn't committed to UF.[/Quote

I remember actually reading the same article....I gathered that White was referring to Lucas as well. I would be nice to get Lucas on board as well.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

It always cracks me up when people make stuff up. Go read my posts again and show me where I said it will turn out better. I have no clue and neither do you. I also said I don't like where we are. Wow is that ever pumping.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I agree with all of your points except this one. We can talk all we want about what he did or didn't accomplish at MSU, but that's neither here nor there.
Judging from his tenure at UF, both as OC and now HC, he's exceeded ALL of my expectations. Winning 2 championships(as OC) and returning us to respectability in year 1 gets you a little equity, in my eyes. There's not 1 modicum of evidence, during his UF tenure, that he's not gonna succeed.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Judging from his tenure at UF, both as OC and now HC, he's exceeded ALL of my expectations. Winning 2 championships(as OC) and returning us to respectability in year 1 gets you a little equity, in my eyes.

I hated the hire and was pissed when it was announced. Im not completely sold yet either but am in wait and see mode.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
It always cracks me up when people make stuff up. Go read my posts again and show me where I said it will turn out better. I have no clue and neither do you. I also said I don't like where we are. Wow is that ever pumping.
What if you were pumping? I don't understand what the fuq is wrong with feeling positive on the direction of the program after a LOOOOOONG 8 years. Don't let the opinions of a few old geezers sway your reasoning. You don't owe anyone on this board any kind of explanation.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Dude, we're not the same program that we once were. Everyone keeps freaking out because our rivals are doing better than we are. Well yeah, those programs haven't broken down and destroyed. It was never gonna be a meteoric rise like with Smart at UGA.

Everyone seems to overlook just how broken this football program was. Recruiting aside, Mac was turning us into an FAU-type program. But maybe that's where we diverge as fans. A lot of these kids really respect our brand. It's why we're usually in the running for the top kids. It's just hard to get them to commit to our second rate program.

I know a lot of you will dislike this because it's not over the top or irrational, but being frustrated is a choice. I choose to look at the team for what it is and not what I expect it to be. And right now, we're not on the same playing field as the big boys. The positivity comes when realizing not many teams will just push us around anymore. Dan will at least have us ready to compete. It's not the finish line, but it's a start.
This is one big excuse. Texas has sucked longer than we have. They made a HR hire and now are killing it. FSU sucked more **** than stormy Daniels and they're going to have a better class than us again. Despite 2 STRAIGHT terrible years. Brian Kelly, Muschamp, and Saban had no problems landing top 10 classes despite either having losing seasons or being on probation. In fact Saban having success at his rate is astounding considering Bama almost got the death penalty for Albert means and went 51-55 the decade before Nick landing on probation for 5 years and losing a ton of scholarships. It's plain and simple. Either you can recruit or you cant. Mullen is going to have to hire to assassins to get us back to the top. This staff isn't going to get us there.

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
What if you were pumping? I don't understand what the fuq is wrong with feeling positive on the direction of the program after a LOOOOOONG 8 years. Don't let the opinions of a few old geezers sway your reasoning. You don't owe anyone on this board any kind of explanation.

That's the least of my worries. If I want to pump I will and I don't give a flying fvk what anyone says. In this case though I wasn't and simply pointed that out. Its typical to have your words twisted. NOBODY knows what lies in store. Like I said, Mullen wont be here long if he cant pull it together. This aint Mississippi.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Definitely a nole; doesn't know the difference between "sale" and"sell".
He can always learn to sail from Mac.

:shark:

Or

Fly

9jd1JBZ.jpg

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with all of your points except this one. We can talk all we want about what he did or didn't accomplish at MSU, but that's neither here nor there.
Judging from his tenure at UF, both as OC and now HC, he's exceeded ALL of my expectations. Winning 2 championships(as OC) and returning us to respectability in year 1 gets you a little equity, in my eyes. There's not 1 modicum of evidence, during his UF tenure, that he's not gonna succeed.
3 loss regular seasons are not going to be good enough in the future.

I believe Hev can put out a competent OL every year. We should have good RBs every year. We proved that all we need is decent QB play and an above average defense to lose three games. No reason to expect less

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018

Any honest person will admit that a year ago we were much more down than our rivals. And when you say rivals I am interpreting that to be 'recruiting rivals' more so than our on field rivals like UGA. And now that script is flipped. We are winning recruiting battles against them. Not all of them ... but we are winning. You don't go from where Butters took us to expecting top 10 recruiting classes as the norm immediately. Like you said ... relationships and trust has to be built. To me ... stepping back and looking at us trending upwards on the field and in recruiting ... we are trending up. So yeah ... we are still unbalanced like the last two coaches ... but there is a huge difference in the direction the program is going which is unlike the last two coaches. Right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator