Warning: Political Takes 2020 College Football: the “season” has officially started

Should Sec go after other conferences teams that are disgusted?

• Yes

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Maybe if it's Ohio St, Michigan or Usc

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why were there no fans at WF for the Clemson game? Is it a school-by-school decision or something?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
...and meanwhile, Kansas is getting waxed at home by Coastal Carolina 28-3 at half...needing a last second FG to get on the board.

Worse, one of the losses was by a ranked team (Iowa State).
I wonder if this means that ****ty Iowa State perennial 7-5 coach is still the best coach on the planet according to Sasquatch.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Maybe MOM, but lmao. @Rotoworld_Draft: Farrell: Big Ten to vote on season this Sunday NFL DRAFT: Big Ten to vote on season this Sunday
I'm sure the big ten-ish thought everyone would follow their lead. Still got that inflated opinion of themselves, I see... Now, everyone else is making money without them and they're forced to choose between money vs protecting their ego... er, I mean the players.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I wonder if this means that ****ty Iowa State perennial 7-5 coach is still the best coach on the planet according to Sasquatch.

Matt Campbell had the most despicable performance I saw yesterday. His team was in an unlikely to win position, but with a chance if they stopped the Cajuns, held them to a FG and got the ball back with 1:30 or more left on the clock.

Instead, in a move I’ve never seen, he quit with about 2 plus minutes left in the game. Arguably he started to quit at about 3-4 minutes when he should have used the TO’s for the best chance (perhaps that was just poor management, n out YET quitting).

He intentionally let the clock run out without using his timeouts. Forget all the social justice boycotts, if I was on the field risking injury and my a-hole coach quit with 2 minutes to go, I’d walk off the field. It’s one thing to compete until the game is over even in a blowout, but Campbell didn’t compete and this wasn’t a blowout.

It was gross and Golic didn’t blast him but was audibly gasping like “Oh wow! This is concession??!”

I’d be curious for @ltraz take as to how these power 5 conference players are likely to react to that coaching move. I’m sure Campbell will spin it as “we didn’t deserve to win” and he was “sending his team a message”, but the only message I saw is he quit and abandoned the guys in the field competing.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Matt Campbell had the most despicable performance I saw yesterday. His team was in an unlikely to win position, but with a chance if they stopped the Cajuns, held them to a FG and got the ball back with 1:30 or more left on the clock.

Instead, in a move I’ve never seen, he quit with about 2 plus minutes left in the game. Arguably he started to quit at about 3-4 minutes when he should have used the TO’s for the best chance (perhaps that was just poor management, n out YET quitting).

He intentionally let the clock run out without using his timeouts. Forget all the social justice boycotts, if I was on the field risking injury and my a-hole coach quit with 2 minutes to go, I’d walk off the field. It’s one thing to compete until the game is over even in a blowout, but Campbell didn’t compete and this wasn’t a blowout.

It was gross and Golic didn’t blast him but was audibly gasping like “Oh wow! This is concession??!”

I’d be curious for @ltraz take as to how these power 5 conference players are likely to react to that coaching move. I’m sure Campbell will spin it as “we didn’t deserve to win” and he was “sending his team a message”, but the only message I saw is he quit and abandoned the guys in the field competing.

Wow. I’m gonna have to watch that. That’s crazy.

But if we’re honest, he sort of quit in general the moment he took that extension to stay at a Iowa State. As Law pointed out, he was the rave of so many just a short while ago. He may still end up being decent. But at a minimum, he looks like he’s pulling a Mullen and staying in a no-win situation way too long.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Wow. I’m gonna have to watch that. That’s crazy.

But if we’re honest, he sort of quit in general the moment he took that extension to stay at a Iowa State. As Law pointed out, he was the rave of so many just a short while ago. He may still end up being decent. But at a minimum, he looks like he’s pulling a Mullen and staying in a no-win situation way too long.

Here is the game log of the last 7 minutes of the game with Iowa St down 10 at the time and at least 2, maybe 3 TO’s to use:

00C013CC-BEF8-4483-B383-8DB1D9001F80.png
9E62B7DB-8B8C-4305-B6F8-9974DC8DAA36.png

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Here is the game log of the last 7 minutes of the game with Iowa St down 10 at the time and at least 2, maybe 3 TO’s to use:

This is the guy that everyone wanted at FSU

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Instead, in a move I’ve never seen, he quit with about 2 plus minutes left in the game. Arguably he started to quit at about 3-4 minutes .
You mean like when we quit w 8 + mins to go vs Ugly and just ran the clock out?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is the guy that everyone wanted at FSU
I wanted him there.

some of these guys are just REALLY comfortable with losing and happy just to "keep the game close."

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
You mean like when we quit w 8 + mins to go vs Ugly and just ran the clock out?

I was absolutely livid as we were doing that. Ours was arguably even worse as we controlled the ball. But, on any given play we could have theoretically scored so it is not the same. This was blatant quitting. The football equivalent of throwing in the towel (only leaving the fighter in to get hit).

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
yea down multiple scores with 7 mins left and you run 30 straight run plays without a single pass? thats embarrasing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
yea down multiple scores with 7 mins left and you run 30 straight run plays without a single pass? thats embarrasing.
while our four NFL player receivers did nothing. ( remember those guys? I was told that would help our recruiting.)

and the commentator is asking where's the sense of urgency?

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
i was talking about iowa state :lol:
sorry. we did the same thing . you understand the confusion.

it is funny that some of us mocked Kiffy and now the Iowa State coach for doing it, while idolizing Mullins who did the same thing.

I mock all three as quitters and terrible coaches. kids do not respect coaches like that.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
sorry period we did the same thing . you understand the confusion.

it is funny that some of us mocked Kiffy and now the Iowa State coach for doing it, well idolizing Mullins who did the same thing.

I mock all three as quitters and terrible coaches. kids do not respect coaches like that.

Tony that some of us mocked
I'm starting to get the feeling you don't like Mullen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator