Warning: Political Takes 2020 College Football: the “season” has officially started

Should Sec go after other conferences teams that are disgusted?

• Yes

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • Maybe if it's Ohio St, Michigan or Usc

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm starting to get the feeling you don't like Mullen.

75f5e2f3581042.jpg

I dont forgive easily.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
While I agree the run the clock out in Jax last year was inexcusable, it wasn't iowa st bad. We did pass the ball some, and we did actually score a TD.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
i was talking about iowa state :lol:

it is funny that some of us mocked Kiffy and now the Iowa State coach for doing it,

I think Durty is confused. Iowa St didn’t run the ball to kill the clock. They were on defense. The Iowa state coach, however, ate his time outs and didn’t kind of concede or pull a Mullen/Kiffy move of keep it close more victory play.

Campbell flat quit. his only chance to win was burn the timeouts, hope your D gets the stop and you get a couple lucky breaks for a miracle comeback. Or, you burn them with about 3-5 minutes And still hope for that necessary stop. Campbell did none and at the end completely threw in the towel. I haven’t seen any coach EVER do that in a theoretically winnable game and I’d guess I’ve watched somewhere in the tens of thousands of games with 3-6 TV’s playing games for the last 25 years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Quitting is quitting. I don't care about minor nuances.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think Durty is confused. Iowa St didn’t run the ball to kill the clock. They were on defense. The Iowa state coach, however, ate his time outs and didn’t kind of concede or pull a Mullen/Kiffy move of keep it close more victory play.

Campbell flat quit. his only chance to win was burn the timeouts, hope your D gets the stop and you get a couple lucky breaks for a miracle comeback. Or, you burn them with about 3-5 minutes And still hope for that necessary stop. Campbell did none and at the end completely threw in the towel. I haven’t seen any coach EVER do that in a theoretically winnable game and I’d guess I’ve watched somewhere in the tens of thousands of games with 3-6 TV’s playing games for the last 25 years.
my mistake. I looked at that play by play of runs and thought it was iowa state. Now I see it was the other team. But still, down 2 scores it appear they were just going thru the motions to get to the end.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
While I agree the run the clock out in Jax last year was inexcusable, it wasn't iowa st bad. We did pass the ball some, and we did actually score a TD.
Sure.... 8 mins later. Giving Ugly the ball w 3 mins to go.

and it's not like you had fuchsing Giraffe on the field either. He had four NFL quality receivers, and all American quality tight end, and a functional passer. And they had a suspect Ugly secondary coached by an idiot known for giving up 4&26, 4&22 and Heave to Cleve and that other late bomb UF vs Tinerc.

So he ran the g$&d$&# ball and killed the clock.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
let's get back to Queen City.

isn't it hilarious that he started this thread mocking the fact that a season would even begin, smugly "knowing" that daring to come out of out basements would kill half the people involved, like CnN aNd NpR sAyS!!!!

Last edited:

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Sure.... 8 mins later. Giving Ugly the ball w 3 mins to go.

and it's not like you had fuchsing Giraffe on the field either. He had four NFL quality receivers, and all American quality tight end, and a functional passer. And they had a suspect Ugly secondary coached by an idiot known for giving up 4&26, 4&22 and Heave to Cleve and that other late bomb UF vs Tinerc.

So he ran the g$&d$&# ball and killed the clock.

That drive had me cursing so badly, one entire family decided to leave our house with time still on the clock to remove their HS children (And one of their GF’s) from the scene.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That drive had me cursing so badly, one entire family decided to leave our house with time still on the clock to remove their HS children (And one of their GF’s) from the scene.
tenor.gif

I would have respected it much more if he tossed the ball around. if they got an interception they got an interception. if Georgia wins by 21 instead of 14 I don't give a shtt. the game was out of reach anyway. even if he throwing the ball around and ran a draw play every three plays or whatever.

I can't imagine quitting. I have no respect for quitters.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You weren't the only one. I was infuriated and in complete disbelief.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
let's get back to Queen City.

isn't it hilarious that he started this thread mocking the fact that a season would even begin, smugly "knowing" that daring to come out of out basements would kill half the people involved, like CnN aNd NpR sAyS!!!!
My first post in the thread:
In my humble opinion, it’s still way too soon to make a decision. Who knows what the pandemic will be like in September? Hopefully by summer this is under control, and teams will be able to practice. Then, if necessary, play without crowds (and cancel games if really necessary).

What you posted in response makes no sense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My first post in the thread:
In my humble opinion, it’s still way too soon to make a decision. Who knows what the pandemic will be like in September? Hopefully by summer this is under control, and teams will be able to practice. Then, if necessary, play without crowds (and cancel games if really necessary).

What you posted in response makes no sense.

75f5eb471639d1.gif

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Play without crowds.

You were so objective and non committal about status, but just couldn't help yourself from the without crowds comment.

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator