2020 Heisman Trophy candidates: Kyle Trask

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I've asked before. What game are all these option runs in?
I've given you some links to explain the playbooks. You think option is only Nebraska style with the QB running to the edge. It isn't.

I respect 78 for calling it a delay or draw and just not understanding. I get that. You don't even admit that you don't have a clue about football other than down and yardage, and stats.

If I thought you really wanted to know, I'd post some plays again. But you clearly haven't bothered to watch the last times I've done it.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Honestly, you aren't worth the time. You don't even realize what is going on in the games you are watching.

I've given you some links to explain the playbooks. You think option is only Nebraska style with the QB running to the edge. It isn't.

Quote stats all you want but you don't even understand 101 middle school football. You just don't and you know it.
Enlighten me oh wise one. I've asked you what game. And we will go through every play. You've been exposed soo many times, this should be fun.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Enlighten me oh wise one. I've asked you what game. And we will go through every play. You've been exposed soo many times, this should be fun.
Pick a game and we will do a series or two. Something that is on youtube. I don't have many games left on my dvr except Clowntown. Obviously, not something with Franks still playing.

Edit: USC? UGA?

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, you aren't worth the time. You don't even realize what is going on in the games you are watching.

Quote stats all you want but you don't even understand 101 middle school football. You just don't and you know it.

You've just become an azzwart to this board. Babbling about stuff you don't have the thinnest understand of.

I respect 78 for calling it a delay or draw and just not understanding. I get that. You don't even admit that you don't have a clue about football other than down and yardage, and stats.

If I thought you really wanted to know, I'd post some plays again. But you clearly haven't bothered to watch the last times I've done it.

So you’re respecting me for being an honest idiot?

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Well I mean, it's interesting because at least Mullen can use different kind of QB's successfully in his offense? Has the run game struggled? Definitely. But at least we aren't stuck with Malzahn who can't run his offense unless Nick Marshall or Cam Newton is running it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Even better here's offense only

Take the 1st two series for sarters.

Well, we didn't really run the first two series. We didn't fall back into Mullen Ball till the second quarter in that game. The transition was finally beginning.

9:53 First pass play, read option rpo. (Read properly)
9:50 Second pass play, read option RPO. (I think the right read was give there bc the cover guy was committed to the receiver)
9:45 first hats by OL, not an RPO (or at least RPO look). Straight pass play.

6:00 Read option RPO look with Cope running a delayed 9. Cope just beats his guy who was cheating up expecting the RPO screen.
5:30 RPO look with Hammond getting outside. Wow Trash is slow.
5:05 RPO with tackle lead. We are going to see a bunch of these. 66 just gets blown up and screws up the timing.
4:18 Hats high OL, straight pass. Not enough time for that wheel route to develop unfortunately.

2:26 Hats high. Cant see enough downfield to see what they wanted to do. Trash checks down to RB.
1:58 Hard to see what the left side of line was trying to do because of the mess on that side. Im guessing just an outside zone (true run play not an option.)
1:24 Hats high straight pass. Wow that PI on Pitts seemed pretty obvious.

Second Qtr
14:04 RPO look outside to Cleve.
13:45 Read option w guard lead.
13:12 Read option (read correctly IMO)
12:36 Q Power, at least it looks like straight Q Power to me vs bad snap causing adjustment on read option.
12:10 Q power again (EJ substituted)
11:29 Hats high, (Trash back) pass to Perine.
10:48 Read option Trash keeps. This isn't the correct read as that end stayed home but since it's right after Trash going to the bench for a bit I wonder if Mullinz called that just to try to enforce that he will run. OLB/End seems surprised and facemasked him too. Perhaps Trash saw him staying home but his eyes werent.
10:17 Hats high, Trash and Cope had it going on that game. Really like throwing behind the LB and in front of the safety finally. Another point, our WRs, even ones with inconsistent hands like Cope, should win "jump balls" with a LB or most DBs.

5:20 Read option fake RPO. At least Im pretty sure it's fake. Line is runblocking like an option but it looks to me like Trash is looking downfield the whole time vs at the end/emol. He misses the slot receiver, mostly bc of pressure from the left.
5:19 RPO look. This time Trash is reading that end first. Sack.
NOTE: I really don't like the runblocking fake stuff on the much slower developing pass plays. It works once or twice, but not often. Chimp was definitely tightening the secondary and we needed to respond to that.
4:07 "Speed" option with Trash in the endzone. I struggle to put speed and trash in the same sentence.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Zone is a run play

Zone read is the triple option on the backside.

You are welcome.
I know. Others dont. Thank you. Did I mistype something?

I did remember a little more inside and outside zone, yes these are straight runs. Perhaps that game is an outlier.

Im also surprised how few times we actually did true pass blocking that half. That happens when you arent charting plays I guess.

Not sure if we had seen something regarding a flaw in Chimp's RPO defense or if we were just afraid of his secondary. Some other option? What say you Bush?

Last edited:

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I didn't watch the clips. If you want to dictate the the offense, press up the slot receiver and sit the backside DE on the QB if the QB is a threat. That forces the give to the rb.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't watch the clips. If you want to dictate the the offense, press up the slot receiver and sit the backside DE on the QB if the QB is a threat. That forces the give to the rb.
Well, obviously the were mostly giving room on the receiver the first few plays then tightened. The DE wasnt really crashing but was cheating some.

We ran some variations, which werent classic zone read rpo too, but in the end only ran three hats high true pass blocking plays in the half. Even I was surprised by that.

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, we didn't really run the first two series. We didn't fall back into Mullen Ball till the second quarter in that game. The transition was finally beginning.

9:50 Second pass play, read option RPO. (I think the right read was give there bc the cover guy was committed to the receiver)

6:00 Read option RPO look with Cope running a delayed 9. Cope just beats his guy who was cheating up expecting the RPO screen.
5:05 RPO with tackle lead. We are going to see a bunch of these. 66 just gets blown up and screws up the timing.
4:18 Hats high OL, straight pass. Not enough time for that wheel route to develop unfortunately.

2:26 Hats high. Cant see enough downfield to see what they wanted to do. Trash checks down to RB.
1:58 Hard to see what the left side of line was trying to do because of the mess on that side. Im guessing just an outside zone (true run play not an option.)

Second Qtr
12:36 Q Power, at least it looks like straight Q Power to me vs bad snap causing adjustment on read option.
10:48 Read option Trash keeps. This isn't the correct read as that end stayed home but since it's right after Trash going to the bench for a bit I wonder if Mullinz called that just to try to enforce that he will run. OLB/End seems surprised and facemasked him too. Perhaps Trash saw him staying home but his eyes werent.
10:17 Hats high, Trash and Cope had it going on that game. Really like throwing behind the LB and in front of the safety finally. Another point, our WRs, even ones with inconsistent hands like Cope, should win "jump balls" with a LB or most DBs.

5:20 Read option fake RPO. At least Im pretty sure it's fake. Line is runblocking like an option but it looks to me like Trash is looking downfield the whole time vs at the end/emol. He misses the slot receiver, mostly bc of pressure from the left.
NOTE: I really don't like the runblocking fake stuff on the much slower developing pass plays. It works once or twice, but not often. Chimp was definitely tightening the secondary and we needed to respond to that.
4:07 "Speed" option with Trash in the endzone. I struggle to put speed and trash in the same sentence.
His name is Trask.....sir

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Second Qtr

These are the play action plays that even the announcers are calling play action? 90% of our plays are play action and probably 90% of those are pass plays. And the decision in 95% of those cases is made pre-snap. There ain't a whole lot of "option" going on. The plays that look like RPO's (the mesh is a little slower) for all intensive porpoises are play action passes.
There is very little difference between the plays at 5:20 and 5:19 in the 2nd which is a good example. Trask isn't going to be handing it off in either case and is looking down field. It's farfetched to say that we spend three quarters trying to run RPO's. If we had a line that could block or a QB that could run then it's a different story.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And the decision in 95% of those cases is made pre-snap. .
We don't know that because in most of those cases the correct read is pass. I suspect you may be right, that Trash is being told don't run unless you see this or that out of the cover guy.

It's farfetched to say that we spend three quarters trying to run RPO's..
It was a game in mid November. I didn't criticize the playcalling in FSU (other than just not being aggressive in the 2nd half). We had developed away from what we were doing in Sept and Oct which was mostly wasting first or second down on options runs.

It was surprising to me that we had that many RPOs or RPO looks. I didn't remember that we only pass blocked a handful of times. Of course, that was a pretty bad half for Trash mostly because he rarely had time. Run blocking ( a necessity because it is a RUN pass option, as Meyer said, or at least a RPO look if you are currect those are called passes) does not result in as much time for the QB.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We don't know that because in most of those cases the correct read is pass. I suspect you may be right, that Trash is being told don't run unless you see this or that out of the cover guy.

It was a game in mid November. I didn't criticize the playcalling in FSU (other than just not being aggressive in the 2nd half). We had developed away from what we were doing in Sept and Oct which was mostly wasting first or second down on options runs.

It was surprising to me that we had that many RPOs or RPO looks. I didn't remember that we only pass blocked a handful of times. Of course, that was a pretty bad half for Trash mostly because he rarely had time. Run blocking ( a necessity because it is a RUN pass option, as Meyer said, or at least a RPO look if you are currect those are called passes) does not result in as much time for the QB.
His name is Trask.....sir

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you do this again you get a vacation. He calls him Trash, get the eff over it. You'll be okay, I promise.

You can be every bit as irritating as boss sometimes.
lol

Dude, I am just fcking with him the way he fcks with everyone else.

Ease up buddy it's almost Christmas

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator