2020 NFL Draft Thread

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
600 yards hurts, not helps hit draft stock.
Ask Van.

I agree he will have the measurables that Van didnt, but without the skills.

Maybe you are right. NFL loves measurables.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BRETT HEGGIE

This man made a lot of money tonight - for the defensive players. I saw him on highlight after highlight. I really hope he finds a new career.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Every year I hope the Packers have a great draft. Every year I'm wrong. I think the NFL should just ban the Packers from the draft.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
BRETT HEGGIE

This man made a lot of money tonight - for the defensive players. I saw him on highlight after highlight. I really hope he finds a new career.

You got stoned and disliked, but you are correct. They kept showing Heggie and Bleiche lowlights. Bleiche was the real star of the draft though.

:lmao:

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Still think it's a solid pick.

Plus he's a perfect fit for Dallas. Kid's totally used to never advancing beyond the first round of the playoffs.

DirtyUnevenIzuthrush-size_restricted.gif
I hate you

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
How the hell did Jalen Hurts get drafted in the second round? Seems like a really good kid and I'll definitely pull for him but no fcking way is he worth getting drafted that high. Sometimes I really wonder how some NFL owners have managed to accumulate so much wealth and hold on to it with the decisions they allow their GM's to make on draft day.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You got stoned and disliked, but you are correct. They kept showing Heggie and Bleiche lowlights. Bleiche was the real star of the draft though.

:lmao:
Heggie is the allstar on that line. Fckking useless Buchanan was that blue flash you saw getting rolled out of the way in the first 0.2 second of those clips and Heggie was trying to pickup Buchanan's always blown assignments. Good thing we got rid of McCoy bc he was "too slow".

Heggie has struggled when forced to play hurt. It isnt his fault this and the oast coaching staff couldnt recruit and has no depth . When he is 100% he is easily a near allsec caliber guard. Unfortunately, he seems injury prone. Maybe skipping ST was the best for him.

That being said, I expect White to be our best guard this year. The giant man child is ready.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Heggie is the allstar on that line. Fckking useless Buchanan was that blue flash you saw getting rolled out of the way in the first 0.2 second of those clips and Heggie was trying to pickup Buchanan's always blown assignments. Good thing we got rid of McCoy bc he was "too slow".

Heggie has struggled when forced to play hurt. It isnt his fault this and the oast coaching staff couldnt recruit and has no depth . When he is 100% he is easily a near allsec caliber guard. Unfortunately, he seems injury prone. Maybe skipping ST was the best for him.

That being said, I expect White to be our best guard this year. The giant man child is ready.

He is wildly inconsistent. At times, he was every bit as bad as the other two interior linemen. He is the only one capable of elite play and we have seen it at times. But, that level of play is a rarity. Maybe with better talent he becomes more consistent.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He is wildly inconsistent. At times, he was every bit as bad as the other two interior linemen. He is the only one capable of elite play and we have seen it at times. But, that level of play is a rarity. Maybe with better talent he becomes more consistent.
The zone block, block scheme requires you to be able to rely on the guy beside you. when the play starts and the nose tackle is in the other a gap, his read should probably climb to a linebacker. Or when the nose tackle is in the near a gap and moves inside, Buchanan should usually take him after a quick chip block by Heggie. When Buchanan blows that up Heggie has to turn get his feet under him and try to recover from Buchanan getting rolled. Thats never a good thing.

Some of the pulls also require incredible athleticism. frankly none of our interior OL guys have that.

At some point the staff needs to be realistic about which of their plays look sweet on paper but don't work on grass. We dont seem to have an analyst staff capable of giving that feedback to the coaching staff. I have no doubt especially without spring training that there will be no significant changes in the playbook this year either.

Honestly I think we need to abandon the zone scheme and combo blocking until we get better talent, and stick with helmet on helmet in the meantime.

We wont. We will keep trying to do obviously doesnt work.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm also not particularly optimistic about finding a center with no spring practice.

I expect our line to be even more.of a disaster than it has been the last 10 years this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.