2020 NFL Draft Thread

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
My understanding is that Heggie is being moved to center.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Los Angeles Rams Surprised WR Van Jefferson by Drafting Him

Van Jefferson had zero clues that the Los Angeles Rams would be giving him a call and selecting him with the 57th pick in the second round of the 2020 NFL Draft.

The 23-year-old former Florida Gators wide receiver was sitting in his living room, surrounded by family, when his phone rang with a California area code letting him know that he had been selected by the Rams. But if you'd have told him before the call that the Rams would be the team on the other end of the line, Jefferson might not have believed you.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My understanding is that Heggie is being moved to center.
That wouldnbe my assumption to but it is damn hard to develop an OL withoutnthem repping.

Plus, Ive never really seen it anywhere, just our assumptions. Some said they heard White.

Egukan got all the reps last year though. That is really the best evidence of what the coaches are thinking. Regardless, it is a new center and tons of reps are needed to build cohesiveness. It isnt going to be there.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
SEC players selected by team:

LSU: 10
Alabama: 9
Florida: 4
Auburn: 3
Georgia: 3
Mississippi State : 3
South Carolina: 2
Arkansas: 1
Kentucky: 1
Missouri: 1
Tennessee: 1
Texas A&M: 1
Vanderbilt: 1

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Jesus
@LindseyThiry: New Rams WR Van Jefferson is the first Florida offensive skill position player to go in the first two rounds since Tim Tebow (25th overall) in 2010, according to @ESPNStatsInfo.

You won’t hear me defending WM or McElwain very often, but Robinson and AC could’ve broken that snap if not for their own stupidity and/or the Grier suspension. College production wasn’t ever going to be great, but I think they would’ve gone based on potential alone.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Think Van's a perfect fit. Looking forward to seeing what he can do with my Rams.

He fits exactly what they need a guy that is a solid route runner but not breakaway speed. A guy that can make a tough catch and create separation due to route running.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

I don't even need to click it. I think it's safe to say we're the laughingstock of the draft to this point. Other than going back to our old Philly roots of "no, no, that's too obvious, let's get this guy", I have no explanation for this pick. Wasn't thrilled with the TCU WR either that high with some of the names that were out there. But this is atrocious.

If you think your QB may continue to have injury issues, draft an actual QB. Not a guy who was masked by a great running game and defense and rarely called upon to win games IN COLLEGE with his arm. Hate the idea of Fromm as an Eagle, but he would've been 10x the player. Eason as well.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't be surprised if perine was a solid pro. I don't think I'd expect him to be the bell cow.but he could definitely be a very solid 3rd down guy and back up.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Fromm blew people away at the combine with his LDR-esque arm talent. Anyone who had watched him play at UGly knew he did not have the arm to be a starter in the nfl.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Guess I am a bit late to the "How is Jake from State Fromm" doing? Oh well, probably would have made more money staying at UGA just from a few handshakes and pats on the back. Enjoy mucking stalls and plowing fields.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don't even need to click it. I think it's safe to say we're the laughingstock of the draft to this point. Other than going back to our old Philly roots of "no, no, that's too obvious, let's get this guy", I have no explanation for this pick. Wasn't thrilled with the TCU WR either that high with some of the names that were out there. But this is atrocious.

If you think your QB may continue to have injury issues, draft an actual QB. Not a guy who was masked by a great running game and defense and rarely called upon to win games IN COLLEGE with his arm. Hate the idea of Fromm as an Eagle, but he would've been 10x the player. Eason as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator