Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I will admit this is somewhat of a consistent inconsistency on SD's part.
It's funny. Are you a programmer? Live in a binary world? 1s or 0s?

I live in a world of constant and complicated nuance.

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Ive said repeatedly I don't really give a damn about stars for OL and DT, bc it is the hardest position to scout and scouts tend to be wowed by skinny linemen who can dunk basketballs. I've probably said that 1000 times by now.

Actually, DB is the toughest positions to scout. If you are a high school coach with a DB with college potential, you put him at FS and let him break on every weenie high school QB pass. In fact DBs are sometimes not even in the frame in bad high school video.

I do agree that OL is tough to scout as they don't have much in the way of stats and how they do depends a lot on the level of competition. My view is that DT is much easier to scout than DB and OL.

That said, my point was that at times you are an astrologer and at other times you want to ignore experts you throw in other peoples faces at other times. It is not a major complaint, but just a particularly obvious one given your back to back posts in this thread.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Again, read my lips, no more super flyweight DEs. I don't give a damn about their stars.

We have about 8 more than we need right now.

There's no way all those guys are here the following year. We'll probably have four transfers from that position after they realize they aren't getting playing time.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
DB is the easiest position to play and scout. Any athlete will do.

DB is the one position where playing a true freshman won't kill you.

Your first statement is false for a number of reasons including some that I previously listed.

You second statement is true. If the DB you get has colleges skills, then he certainly can play early.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
giphy.gif

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
People are starting are starting to argue about the same crap again. Obviously, we need another 4* commitment to calm it down in here again. A 5* would do wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.