Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Filter should be implemented that takes the words ... "the next Percy Harvin" ... and replaces with ... "I eat my own poop so don't bother reading anything else I type"

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think even saying "the Percy position" might be over the line.
Pretty much. You need someone strong enough to be able to run between the tackles and still perform as a top notch WR.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
The Percy position is actually a thing we should be recruiting for and selling kids on. Ohio State does it and gets guys like Parris Campbell. Toney currently holds this position down. But we should be selling Jarrett and any other athlete on being the next Percy. Idk why y'all decided to talk **** about it other than I guess you're bored or you think you know everything.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
ritter.gif
Krysten Ritter is super hot
She's really good in Breaking Bad and also pretty good in Jessica Jones.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
The Percy position is actually a thing we should be recruiting for and selling kids on. Ohio State does it and gets guys like Parris Campbell. Toney currently holds this position down. But we should be selling Jarrett and any other athlete on being the next Percy. Idk why y'all decided to talk **** about it other than I guess you're bored or you think you know everything.

Toney currently holds this position down? Toney is NOTHING like Percy ... not even close ... nor is used anything like Percy was used ... because he can't do the stuff Percy did.

ritter.gif

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
He motions to the backfield and takes handoffs like a RB. He can't do stuff like Percy. I agree. Toney doesn't run between the tackles. But that is the Percy position. It should be something we use in recruiting to get the best athlete in the country. You can be a heisman candidate here at WR.
Also idk how you're saying he's nothing like Percy. They're both the same exact size. Percy is a once in a generation type talent. I think he's way better. But I think they're similar at least. Percy is the quickest player I've ever seen though. He would make a cut and go. Toney dances way too much. But he does play that position and he started lining up in the backfield more, later in the season.

Last edited:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Toney currently holds this position down? Toney is NOTHING like Percy ... not even close ... nor is used anything like Percy was used ... because he can't do the stuff Percy did.

ritter.gif

Percy was probably the fastest dude I've ever seen in full pads. Toney gets chased down from behind repeatedly. No comparison. I did like how he started running over people later in the season though. Really liked the aggression. Hope it returns in 2019.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
The elite kids want to be told that they're special. Especially WRs. They're usually the biggest diva players. Sell them on the fact that you're recruiting them for that special WR position. It should be an easy sales job to the top WRs.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I see no reason to doubt his migraines. Do you have one?

A reason to doubt he has them? No.

But how many other players play the whole game, all of them on the schedule, with pain/maladies/injuries/etc.?

As great as PH was he was also soft and nobody ever remembers that part.

But Timmy? He took a beating, and even a concussion by KY, and refused to be on the sideline.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Percy was probably the fastest dude I've ever seen in full pads. Toney gets chased down from behind repeatedly. No comparison. I did like how he started running over people later in the season though. Really liked the aggression. Hope it returns in 2019.

Toney is quick and elusive. He is also a hole snob ... he can't seem to take the first one ... he has to wait for the one he likes. Toney turns a 50yd horizontal run into a 4yd vertical gain.

Percy was smooth and fast. He always found space ... made space ... and was through a hole that nobody even really knew was there until he was 5 yds past it. He made a 4yd vertical gain into a score more times than not.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I see no reason to doubt his migraines. Do you have one?

Yes, I knew his gf at the time. She was one of the assistants. He was constantly toking and had “migranes” when he got caught. The ankle sprain may have been his only legit injury.

People can say what they want about him but he was really just fast and strong. He wasn’t so much elusive as people couldn’t take the right angle. He just got to the spot before they thought he could

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
A reason to doubt he has them? No.

But how many other players play the whole game, all of them on the schedule, with pain/maladies/injuries/etc.?

As great as PH was he was also soft and nobody ever remembers that part.

But Timmy? He took a beating, and even a concussion by KY, and refused to be on the sideline.
I know someone who has suffered from migraines and I know they are a terrible affliction. Also, the way they strike and incapacitate is peculiar, so that the afflicted may appear inconsistent to those not familiar with them. Some can complete a difficult task, while the pain seems to subside, and then collapse in agony. I believe that MJ is now being recognized as an efficacious treatment of the symptoms, at least for some.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I know someone who has suffered from migraines and I know they are a terrible affliction. Also, the way they strike and incapacitate is peculiar, so that the afflicted may appear inconsistent to those not familiar with them. Some can complete a difficult task, while the pain seems to subside, and then collapse in agony. I believe that MJ is now being recognized as an efficacious treatment of the symptoms, at least for some.

I agree with everything you just said.

Wonder if PH knew all that though. :dunno:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This kid is reporting an offer (unranked 2020 OLB/WDE from Dublin, GA, 6'5 215lbs):

Romello Height:

... hope we don't fall short on Height.

Nope...2021 kid though so that's not that unusual. Just have to wait and see where he is "ranked"

Mullentribe right away building relationships. Remember, a "down-the-road" kid gets enamored with Gators and no telling how many other stars he'll turn our way over the years in waiting? Go Grow Gators. Building a nest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator