Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I know someone who has suffered from migraines and I know they are a terrible affliction. Also, the way they strike and incapacitate is peculiar, so that the afflicted may appear inconsistent to those not familiar with them. Some can complete a difficult task, while the pain seems to subside, and then collapse in agony. I believe that MJ is now being recognized as an efficacious treatment of the symptoms, at least for some.
I'm staving off migraines every day - preventative medicine!

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I'm staving off migraines every day - preventative medicine!

Yeah, I can't talk $hit about Percy as far as the migraines go. I've had cluster migraines for 15 or 16 years, those fckers are no joke. Mine have always came in clusters hence the name. I'll go a year or so and won't have one then every night around the same time every night I'll get one for a month or so. Sometimes they'd hurt so bad I'll get nauseous and vomit.

I've had several surgeries and all kinds of medication/pain pills over the years but nothing ever touched them until about 2 years ago when I let my pot head brother medicate me. He had moved back in town and was around a lot when I was going through one of my clusters so I got a joint from him. I waited til later that night when I felt one coming on and took about 2 hits off his joint (weed nowadays is nothing like the weed we used to smoke in high school). It didn't go away but it didn't get any worse (they always start kinda dull then within about 45 minutes I'm sick as hell). I guess those 2 hits cured that cluster because I didn't get anymore til roughly a year later. Same thing, went and bought some pot and waited til one started coming on, took 2 or 3 hits and haven't had one of those bitches since.

TLDR, if you or anyone you know has battled migraines tell them to get high.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Percy position is actually a thing we should be recruiting for and selling kids on. ... Toney currently holds this position down
you think we're going to be able to sell four touches a game?

Or Van Jefferson getting 35 in 13 games? Grimes getting 26? (And half were screens.)

We're going to have trouble selling any of our skill positions until we adopt some up-tempo stuff. Ball control, run out the clock meerkat offense just won't do it.

Defend the Swamp

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2018
you think we're going to be able to sell four touches a game?

Or Van Jefferson getting 35 in 13 games? Grimes getting 26? (And half were screens.)

We're going to have trouble selling any of our skill positions until we adopt some up-tempo stuff. Ball control, run out the clock meerkat offense just won't do it.

Yes, but, are these Mullen handcuffs or QB constraints?

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I can't talk $hit about Percy as far as the migraines go. I've had cluster migraines for 15 or 16 years, those fckers are no joke. Mine have always came in clusters hence the name. I'll go a year or so and won't have one then every night around the same time every night I'll get one for a month or so. Sometimes they'd hurt so bad I'll get nauseous and vomit.

I've had several surgeries and all kinds of medication/pain pills over the years but nothing ever touched them until about 2 years ago when I let my pot head brother medicate me. He had moved back in town and was around a lot when I was going through one of my clusters so I got a joint from him. I waited til later that night when I felt one coming on and took about 2 hits off his joint (weed nowadays is nothing like the weed we used to smoke in high school). It didn't go away but it didn't get any worse (they always start kinda dull then within about 45 minutes I'm sick as hell). I guess those 2 hits cured that cluster because I didn't get anymore til roughly a year later. Same thing, went and bought some pot and waited til one started coming on, took 2 or 3 hits and haven't had one of those *****es since.

I'm sorry you have to deal with that. I certainly did not intend to make light of migraine sufferers; I was just fishing for 'likes'.
I'm glad to hear :bandit: is helping control the clusters and provides general relief otherwise. To your good health, sir! :bandit:

Defend the Swamp

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2018
Other than Percy (I believe) who was the last 5 star WR we’ve had?
That really defined himself as a true 5 star by his play?

Ike or Anthony? What was Quez?
Jack or Chad Jackson?
Cooper?
Jacobs?
Over achieving Travis McGriff?
Robinson or Baker?
Andre or Reche Cauldwell?
Gaffney?
David Nelson?
Ten year college veteran Andre DuBose?

Ricky the Rocket?
Wes Chandler?
Carlos A?
Chris C (post freshman year at QB)?

I’m sure I’m forgetting some. Who are your favorites that we would love to comp to today’s game & sign?

Last edited:

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
Gervon Dexter is on campus. Sounds like he's solid dispite Sal leaving.

The Florida Gators have one of their top commitments in the class of 2020 on campus in Lake Wales (Fla.) four-star defensive tackle Gervon Dexter.
This visit follows the news of former Florida defensive line coach Sal Sunseri's leave to take a job at the University of Alabama. Despite the move, Dexter has been very adamant that his comment status with the Orange and Blue is rock solid.
"I’m glad I committed off tradition and a opportunity to play for my childhood dream school and get free education while doing so," Dexter tweeted following Sunseri's departure. "In Dan [Mullen] I trust."
The 6-foot-6 1/2, 260-pounder jumped on board with the Gators in November of last year following a visit for one of the Gators home football games. That visit followed just a few days after landing an offer from area recruiter Larry Scott. It was that home feeling and the chance to attend his 'Dream School' that made the decision a no brainer for Dexter to take the plunge.
“They just showed me how much they really wanted me," Dexter aid following his commitment. "They talked about how much they wanted me and how much I can do for the team.”
It was also head coach Dan Mullen that played a big part of this decision, who also visited Dexter's school this past week.
"I love the way and the way he is coaching them," Dexter said of Mullen. "At the beginning of the season they had a loss early on, but I liked how they kept going and didn't go downhill and if anything, things went kind of uphill after that. Coach Mullen kept it fun and kept it positive and never missed a beat. They just regrouped and came back harder than ever."
247Sports currently ranks Dexter as the Nation's No. 80 overall prospect in the 2020 recruiting class and the No. 4 defensive tackle.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So you knew her, biblically? Asking for a friend.
no, nice girl, but not my type. Pretty sure he had several on the hook, but she was basically his agent as far as managing his life

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Percy was probably the fastest dude I've ever seen in full pads. Toney gets chased down from behind repeatedly. No comparison. I did like how he started running over people later in the season though. Really liked the aggression. Hope it returns in 2019.
I think Jeff Demps had faster straight line speed, but Percy seemed to get to top speed quicker and was hell of a lot shiftier, and clearly had elite speed as well. Like Percy, Toney has crazy cutting ability, almost video game like. But yeah, Toney has no where near Percy speed. Do love seeing him with the ball in his hands tho.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, but, are these Mullen handcuffs or QB constraints?
Same stats weve always had under Mullinz. No receivers (even Percy) ever got mamy touches and most of the touches are screen or short.

Mullinz experiments with pace then inevitably drops back into his Meerkat habits.

I feel like it waiting for SOS to FINALLY adopt the shotgun. The explosion came. Our first NC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ike or Anthony? What was Quez?
Over achieving Travis McGriff?
?
Recruiting then wasnt what it is today. Classes were ranked, atleast the top ones, and a few of the top players, but not 1000 like today.

Nevertheless, the guy who was conaider THE Superbluechip out of those guys was...........

Nafis Karim.

Also, to answer the question, the last 5 star receiver was Debose. Thompson before him.

Both sucked.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I've had several surgeries and all kinds of medication/pain pills over the years but nothing ever touched them until about 2 years ago when I let my pot head brother medicate me. He had moved back in town and was around a lot when I was going through one of my clusters so I got a joint from him. I waited til later that night when I felt one coming on and took about 2 hits off his joint (weed nowadays is nothing like the weed we used to smoke in high school). It didn't go away but it didn't get any worse (they always start kinda dull then within about 45 minutes I'm sick as hell). I guess those 2 hits cured that cluster because I didn't get anymore til roughly a year later. Same thing, went and bought some pot and waited til one started coming on, took 2 or 3 hits and haven't had one of those *****es since.

Don't want to turn this into a WebMD thread, but I get cluster headaches too. I feel for you. It's hard to put into words the kind of pain those f**kers inflict. Most people have never heard of them and think that they are just a bad headache. They are much, much worse. The kind of pain that they cause have been likened to an aneurism bursting in your head but instead of just one sharp pain it's thousands. With every beat of your heart you get to relive the agony. There's a reason they call it the "Suicide Headache."

My "clusters" would usually last around 3 months or so. They'd start out with one or two a day (always starting around an hour after falling asleep) and build up over the weeks to one constant life altering headache for 24 hours. That would last for a week or two before they would start to subside in frequency. But I can assure anyone reading this that there is no humanly way possible that anyone could do much of anything when these things are at their worst.

I'm glad to say that I haven't had a cluster in a few years now and I'm cautiously optimistic that they are gone forever. But I want to know if you've ever tried 100% oxygen using a non-rebreather mask to abort a cluster HA? I found that it worked around 50% of the time to abort the headache if you started on it with the first painful "ping".

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Don't want to turn this into a WebMD thread, but I get cluster headaches too. I feel for you. It's hard to put into words the kind of pain those f**kers inflict. Most people have never heard of them and think that they are just a bad headache. They are much, much worse. The kind of pain that they cause have been likened to an aneurism bursting in your head but instead of just one sharp pain it's thousands. With every beat of your heart you get to relive the agony. There's a reason they call it the "Suicide Headache."

My "clusters" would usually last around 3 months or so. They'd start out with one or two a day (always starting around an hour after falling asleep) and build up over the weeks to one constant life altering headache for 24 hours. That would last for a week or two before they would start to subside in frequency. But I can assure anyone reading this that there is no humanly way possible that anyone could do much of anything when these things are at their worst.

I'm glad to say that I haven't had a cluster in a few years now and I'm cautiously optimistic that they are gone forever. But I want to know if you've ever tried 100% oxygen using a non-rebreather mask to abort a cluster HA? I found that it worked around 50% of the time to abort the headache if you started on it with the first painful "ping".

For you cluster folks. A little secret. Indomethacin (Indocin).
Extended release: 75-150 mg/day PO in single daily dose or divided q12hr; not to exceed 150 mg/day. Cluster folks tend to be smokers, such that oxygen can also provide benefit.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018

Feels like this?
IMG_1596.JPG

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don't blow it off. I had a friend who was having migraines for probably a year, then he woke up paralyzed on one side. He had been throwing clots due to a (pretty common) heart septal wall defect. He recovered quickly but it's not always "just a headache".

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who is the big gun that Mullenz takes with him on the really important trips? It's already clear:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.