Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just wanted to thank you guys for posting absolutely dick about recruiting

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
If repeating the same actions while expecting different results is a functional definition of insanity, then coming to the recruiting thread and expecting recruiting news means there are a lot of lunatics on this board.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Well, you are correct but barely. Last year Syracuse was ranked 15th and did have 10 wins as a member of the ACC. Is the ACC a power 5 league? No P5 team below 15th had as many as 10 wins. In the toughest conference in CFB, we are playing considerably above where we are recruiting.
Huh?
We are not playing considerably above we're we are recruiting.
Last year was a mess. We lost to UK and Mizzoo who we have significantly more talent than. We beat Meatchicken who only has slightly better talent, and FSUcks who is a train wreck. However we did beat LSU - so there's that.
This year we have yet to play anybody that has a statistically significant talent advantage. The Barn, UT and UM are all the same as us.
We are playing exactly as we are recruiting.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Huh?
We are not playing considerably above we're we are recruiting.
Last year was a mess. We lost to UK and Mizzoo who we have significantly more talent than. We beat Meatchicken who only has slightly better talent, and FSUcks who is a train wreck. However we did beat LSU - so there's that.
This year we have yet to play anybody that has a statistically significant talent advantage. The Barn, UT and UM are all the same as us.
We are playing exactly as we are recruiting.
Guess we are recruiting much better than I realized.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
We beat LSU last year so there’s that.
Obviously there are other considerations. FcvkSU has considerably more talent but horrendous coaching.
Likewise UT is on par with us but bad coaching.
And of course we lost to Mizzoo last year and they have considerably less talent.
It’s a 3-legged stool: Talent, coaching and “Want To”.
So for LSU we have to have a better game plan and a lot of desire.
Georgia and Alabama are in a whole other level talent wise. Yeah once in awhile we might beat them but we have to overcome a self-inflicted deficit.
Bottom line is that we recruit at a 10 win level. Middle teens. It has to get better.
Yes

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
FSU is way more talented, Michigan substantially more, Auburn more, and Tennessee is virtually tied. Sure are playing at the same level we are recruiting.
In the case of FSU, their recruiting success is very misleading. They have failed miserably at landing much talent along the lines and the few blue chippers they have gotten have not planned out

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Gator1 (@Gators1205) tweeted at 6:59 AM on Sat, Oct 12, 2019:
Love this Future Gator. Besides the obvious leadership qualities and how well spoken he is for a 17 year old, I Love Two things here:
You could see a smile when he mentions the RB being a future FSU rival.
Can’t wait to see this kid get Savaged!!
()

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Syllogism by Donk and friends:
1) We are playing like we are recruiting.
2) We are recruiting terribly.
3) Therefore, we are undefeated.
Why be ridiculous when the truth is simple, straight forward, and compelling?
1) We are recruiting badly.
2) Fortunately, we are playing better than we recruit.
3) But we need to recruit better.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
In the case of FSU, their recruiting success is very misleading. They have failed miserably at landing much talent along the lines and the few blue chippers they have gotten have not planned out
You have me thinking. We actually are on self-imposed probation with 78 scholarships. I wonder how we stack up if I use player average. :scratchchin:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Always excuses. At least it is nice to know that it is possible to play below your talent level even though it seems that it is quite impossible to play above your talent level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator