Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
TE hasn’t been bad. Pitts is their guy, right? Got some talent just haven’t developed it. Pitts got his development from your favorite WR coach.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, Todd seems more like our speed. Unless he chooses Ga Tech or Ga Southern.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Of course it is. I would replace TE coach (don’t even remember his name) right after English and Knox. Pitts is developing because of billy. Rest don’t contribute. None of our TEs block well. What is our TE coach doing?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Supposedly during fall camp and ever since, he’s been practicing with the WRs half the time. If that’s true, he’s the only one producing and the only difference is another coach developing him part time.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Could be the last question - I don’t know. I do know that he’s producing much better and I’ve seen WRs at the end of the line - presumably filling that backup role in those formations. Billy G seems to be a trigger for you - was he also disliked in 06?

I know that the WRs are a big part of the production this year and while I acknowledge they’re talented, someone has to develop it to some extent. I doubt they are operating on talent alone.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
It was an honest question. I don’t know if he had a similar rep to Mullen. You’ve been on him as hard as Mullen since he arrived so I assumed you had negative interactions with him too. You seem to like Hev, even with the deficient recruiting and poor on field results this year.

I think the WRs are more productive this year than last - offense has obviously changed - but I’m no expert. I don’t know if they’re improving their route running but they do seem to be open much more frequently and are making tough catches in traffic. Possible they weren’t given the chance last year but they definitely are this year. I just assume Billy G has improved them some. And Swain/Hammond were afterthoughts with the last guys - they’ve definitely become a larger part of the offense now. Why? I don’t know.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I had heard that about Hev but apparently his players love him. Guess OL are gluttons for punishment.

May be. Franks may have been the central issue. If that’s the case, how would we know if they’re truly developing or not? Hard to tell if they were running crisp routes the last 2+ years since they just started getting the ball.

Regarding Hammond... Odds are he surpasses his 2017 production next week. Only needs 40 yards. He’s already passed his total yardage as he’s gotten 96 on the ground so far. And the guys in front of him are more talented so they get the ball more. Actually glad there isn’t consistency in pass distribution since none of our guys (outside Pitts and maybe Jefferson/Grimes) are noticeably more talented than the others.

Regarding Cleveland... He produced more than 3/4 of his 2017 yards in the first 4 games. He was catching deep shots before people realized how fast he was. Now, doesn’t seem like he gets any love but I wonder if that’s because he doesn’t run good routes? Maybe doesn’t get past the press well? Not an expert but he doesn’t seem to be a big part of the plans going forward - he was available on Trask’s INT against LSU and on the side of the field he was on but Trask never even looked at him.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Tough to see most routes without all22, correct? At least not enough to pattern someone as a fan.

So most have really solid fundamentals except maybe one guy (who might not take to coaching well)? Sounds like they’ve received some.... quality coaching! :lol:

I honestly don’t know enough either way but I I’d be happy to just swap English (all around useless) and Knox (he added not preparing the punt team to get the snap off multiple times before the play clock expired to his impressive list of reasons he should’ve never replaced Seider) for high functioning recruiters. No way it happens with Knox but maybe English?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.