Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
They probably have other plans. We're late getting in on them, so I'm just happy to see we haven't given up on RB recruiting (like we did heavy DL recruiting the last two classes). It would have been nice to see Knighton visit for the FSU game - so he could watch us clown the team he's committed to.
Well, maybe if he has a good enough visit, he'll come back for that one (on an unofficial) too!

leogator

May 5, 2018
So we're having 3 RBs visiting that weekend? Me likey! Knighton and Jalen White possess elite speed. Marks is not bad either as a 4.6 runner.

Last edited:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
As a runningback prospect, I don’t like Knighton at all. But, I’m happy to take a highly rated state prospect from a rival. It looks good.

leogator

May 5, 2018
They probably have other plans. We're late getting in on them, so I'm just happy to see we haven't given up on RB recruiting (like we did heavy DL recruiting the last two classes). It would have been nice to see Knighton visit for the FSU game - so he could watch us clown the team he's committed to.
We have been on Knighton for a long time. Dan Mullen is personally recruiting him. The reason he is not part of this class already is that we have two names lurking in the back ground, Smith & Bowman. We're playing with fire with those two.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We have been on Knighton for a long time. Dan Mullen is personally recruiting him. The reason he is not part of this class already is that we have two names lurking in the back ground, Smith & Bowman. We're playing with fire with those two.

mullen usually hits on an unexpected close every cycle. I think it’s more likely to be Smith over Bowman.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
It least in the case of Smith, he's uncommitted and has taken an OV to Gainesville; do we really think there's a shot with Bowman? I get there's always a lot of stuff behind the scenes we never hear about, but is anybody hearing anything real?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
From the Alabama boards:

Sal Sunseri is expected to watch Tim Smith on Friday.

Also:

Sal Sunseri will also be by Eau Gallie HS in Melbourne this weekend to see 2021 four-star ATH Dink Jackson and others.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Former WDE commit, Morven Joseph - who is now committed to FSU, is planning an OV. He was at the Auburn/UF game and says he still hears from the staff. Interestingly, he's now playing MLB, which he seems better suited for and has the size (6'3 220) to grow into a 235+ MLB. He's a 4-star on the composite, and a high 3-star by Rivals:

Morven Joseph, 2020 Weakside defensive end - Rivals.com
He was terrible at WDE vs the run. Maybe this will fit better.

Pretty sure the kid wants be a Gator and we just dont like his WDE film.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
Very curious to see how this pans out. It’s really hard to say Bowman and Smith are not worth the holdout. But, when does that holdout end? Do we take 1 other (possibly during Vandy weekend with the OVs) or sit and hope? We’ve just been burned this route before.

Huge factor. How many of these rb targets are December signees? If we wait, and whiff, are there enough plan Bs (Cs) to attack in the second half?

leogator

May 5, 2018
Very curious to see how this pans out. It’s really hard to say Bowman and Smith are not worth the holdout. But, when does that holdout end? Do we take 1 other (possibly during Vandy weekend with the OVs) or sit and hope? We’ve just been burned this route before.

Huge factor. How many of these rb targets are December signees? If we wait, and whiff, are there enough plan Bs (Cs) to attack in the second half?
I would like for us to take Knighton and then if one of the those two wants in, it's first come first serve.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Safety? I think we're done at CB.

We're supposedly done at CB, but I imagine if a kid they like wants in they'd take him. Pouncey just de-committed today, haven't heard if he's planning anything/visits yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator