Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
It may take more time than you are interested in investing, but there are several Marietta HS games on You Tube. If you want a twofer, check out the game against McEachern; their QB is a 2021 commit (Del Rio).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You never know with these kids. Arjei Henderson committed before even visiting. I think he only visited one time in his entire recruitment.
I think at that point no one else in the country would even waste a scholarship on him. it was apparent he had no chance of qualifying, at least apparent to everyone except us.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Marc Britt commits to Florida

Florida climbs to 10th in the composite

Edit: top 10 on rivals as well

Last edited:

leogator

May 5, 2018
Britt will be given first crack at safety and maybe a few plays at WR, most probably in the red zone. He has very good hands but not top end speed.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Rivals.com - Florida lands four-star wide receiver Marc Britt

HOW HE HELPS FLORIDA: Britt’s commitment to Florida at the tail end of what has been an impressive senior season for the four-star wideout, who transferred to Miami Christian High School this offseason. The South Florida standout has bounced back from what was a relatively quiet junior year in a big way, and now looks like the type of prospect that could help the Gators at either wideout or safety should that need arise.

Britt’s hands and his length have always been his strength. And while the prospect lacks elite top-end speed his body control and agility are better than the average FBS receiver’s. Ideally, he’d use a redshirt year to add weight and adjust to the college game but he has the traits needed to be a big-time contributor down the road.

leogator

May 5, 2018
He's two way player since Miami Christian is a small school. Now whether he's a full two way player, I am not 100%. His preference is to play WR but we like him better at safety.

leogator

May 5, 2018
BTW, Ethan Pouncey has the green light to commit at any time. He wanted to commit in the spring but still visit other schools. We told him if you're going to commit, you can't take other visits and to come back when he's done visiting. Now the big problem would be if him and his brother were a package deal. We liked his brother as a safety but he insisted on playing WR. I have no idea of what we think of his brother right now or whether he's a take.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BTW, Ethan Pouncey has the green light to commit at any time. He wanted to commit in the spring but still visit other schools. We told him if you're going to commit, you can't take other visits and to come back when he's done visiting. Now the big problem would be if him and his brother were a package deal. We liked his brother as a safety but he insisted on playing WR. I have no idea of what we think of his brother right now or whether he's a take.

should Ethan be a take?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's a take and has been a take just as long as he doesn't visit other schools after he commits. Should he? Look if Gray wants him, I'm totally OK with it.
Some of these guys will hopefully know how to wrap up on tackles and may even visit the weight room occasionally. hopefully someone can beef up and play safety, either some cornerbacks on the roster now or some we are signing.

It doesn't really much matter. I could grab a couple random Walmart greeters and not do much worse than what we have at safety at the moment.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Some of these guys will hopefully know how to wrap up on tackles and may even visit the weight room occasionally. hopefully someone can beef up and play safety, either some cornerbacks on the roster now or some we are signing.

It doesn't really much matter. I could grab a couple random Walmart greeters and not do much worse than what we have at safety at the moment.
I like Davis, he seems to have a nose for a the ball like Elam did(not comparing the two because there’s no comparison, just saying). Stewart is ok when he’s not f’n up off the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator