Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharkbite

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2017
National Signing Day 2020: Five college football teams that could make the most noise

Florida
Credit Dan Mullen. Late in the game for both the early signing period and National Signing Day, the Gators have been battling for some big names. They came up short in December but have a chance to make some noise once again in February. The biggest name, and probably the biggest long shot, is Georgia Tech commit Jahmyr Gibbs. A senior season riser, Gibbs is taking an official visit to Tech this weekend but Mullen continues to push hard and for good reason as Gibbs is special. Florida could also land a big in-state target in Top100 safety Avantae Williams as well as Alabama four-star athlete Damarcus Beckwith. If it really wants to get greedy, perhaps Florida can flip Top100 offensive lineman Sedrick Van Pran from Georgia, but now we're talking dream scenarios.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
National Signing Day 2020: Five college football teams that could make the most noise

Florida
Credit Dan Mullen. Late in the game for both the early signing period and National Signing Day, the Gators have been battling for some big names. They came up short in December but have a chance to make some noise once again in February. The biggest name, and probably the biggest long shot, is Georgia Tech commit Jahmyr Gibbs. A senior season riser, Gibbs is taking an official visit to Tech this weekend but Mullen continues to push hard and for good reason as Gibbs is special. Florida could also land a big in-state target in Top100 safety Avantae Williams as well as Alabama four-star athlete Damarcus Beckwith. If it really wants to get greedy, perhaps Florida can flip Top100 offensive lineman Sedrick Van Pran from Georgia, but now we're talking dream scenarios.

7 posts in 2+ years? You need to get more involved! Become a high 3-star at least!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I call BS. Butters and Chump coulda lost to him.
as insane as it sounds, butters and chump were better than willie, and it really isnt close. now, all 3 would lay plenty of stinkers, and neither would have a perfect record against him, but theyd have a winning record. taggart stunk worse than either of those duds, in a super cupcake conference, with a hell of a lot more talent than we ever had.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
as insane as it sounds, butters and chump were better than WiLLLLLLLie, and it really isnt close. now, all 3 would lay plenty of stinkers, and neither would have a perfect record against him, but theyd have a winning record. taggart stunk worse than either of those duds, in a super cupcake conference, with a hell of a lot more talent than we ever had.
Not arguing that, but my point stands. Either of those 2 idiots could lose to any opponent at anytime.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not arguing that, but my point stands. Either of those 2 idiots could lose to any opponent at anytime.

Should have lost to Jacksonville State under Muschamp and to Florida Atlantic under Butters.

Edit: should have said Louisiana-Lafayette (instead of Jax State)

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When you have a shytty coach, you can lose to FAU, Layfayette, Georgia South, South Alabama, or even Kintucky any week.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Brandon Spikes wasn't a 5*?

Interesting read ...

Revisiting Florida’s five-star signees since 2002
Only you you look at a horseshyt website.

Brandon Spikes, 2006 Outside linebacker - Rivals.com

GatorsTerritory

Plus, you ignorant comments like this:

Jeff Driskel: ... Unfortunately, having to adapt to different offenses at Florida (none being the spread),
when Roper ran a spread offense which was supposedly specifically designed to make Dipshyt a Heisman.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Lets face it, 23-0 is a historic blowout by Chimp standards.

Fair point.

But I also forgot to add that his future NFL kicker accounted for 11 of the 23 points.

Yes, I have no doubt WM had someone buy one of those score cards after the game and has it hanging proudly in his study.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I found this article interesting because of all the positions Johnnie Brown has played for his team. What isn't said is that he won an MVP at runningback for IMG. That is no small accomplishment. He is off the charts athletic. I think it is the main thing I take from Zach Goodall's article.

Five Play Prospect: Gators DL Johnnie Brown Scouting Report

Brown is one of those rare talents that needs to be placed into the Gators’ defensive system at a specific spot. Slowly but surely, he can pick up the scheme and move around. He’s actually talented enough to play stand-up rush end for a 3-4 defense. Ideally, Brown should begin his play at nose guard, because he’s tough enough, and absolutely quick enough, to split the guard and center and invade the backfield.

From the entire 2020 Florida recruiting class, Brown is one of the players that are most difficult to pin down for a specific position. He’s a football player first and foremost. It will be up to defensive coordinator Todd Grantham and defensive line coach David Turner to figure out where to play Brown. It’s a great situation as Brown can help in many ways.

The downside is, because Brown has played so many different positions, he is raw.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I found this article interesting because of all the positions Johnnie Brown has played for his team. What isn't said is that he won an MVP at runningback for IMG. That is no small accomplishment. He is off the charts athletic. I think it is the main thing I take from Zach Goodall's article.

Five Play Prospect: Gators DL Johnnie Brown Scouting Report

Brown is one of those rare talents that needs to be placed into the Gators’ defensive system at a specific spot. Slowly but surely, he can pick up the scheme and move around. He’s actually talented enough to play stand-up rush end for a 3-4 defense. Ideally, Brown should begin his play at nose guard, because he’s tough enough, and absolutely quick enough, to split the guard and center and invade the backfield.

From the entire 2020 Florida recruiting class, Brown is one of the players that are most difficult to pin down for a specific position. He’s a football player first and foremost. It will be up to defensive coordinator Todd Grantham and defensive line coach David Turner to figure out where to play Brown. It’s a great situation as Brown can help in many ways.

The downside is, because Brown has played so many different positions, he is raw.

I read that he's over 270lbs now also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.