Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I read that he's over 270lbs now also.

Once Savage gets a hold of him, I have little doubt he will be in the 290-300 range. Every article I read on him says he will have no problem adding the weight once he gets into a real wight program.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I found this article interesting because of all the positions Johnnie Brown has played for his team. What isn't said is that he won an MVP at runningback for IMG. That is no small accomplishment. He is off the charts athletic. I think it is the main thing I take from Zach Goodall's article.

Five Play Prospect: Gators DL Johnnie Brown Scouting Report

Brown is one of those rare talents that needs to be placed into the Gators’ defensive system at a specific spot. Slowly but surely, he can pick up the scheme and move around. He’s actually talented enough to play stand-up rush end for a 3-4 defense. Ideally, Brown should begin his play at nose guard, because he’s tough enough, and absolutely quick enough, to split the guard and center and invade the backfield.

From the entire 2020 Florida recruiting class, Brown is one of the players that are most difficult to pin down for a specific position. He’s a football player first and foremost. It will be up to defensive coordinator Todd Grantham and defensive line coach David Turner to figure out where to play Brown. It’s a great situation as Brown can help in many ways.

The downside is, because Brown has played so many different positions, he is raw.
I have thought we needed a fullback for some time.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Once Savage gets a hold of him, I have little doubt he will be in the 290-300 range. Every article I read on him says he will have no problem adding the weight once he gets into a real wight program.

I'd rather see him at 280-285 and more of a SDE, which we really need. ltraz thinks he's not built for SDE (per previous discussions), but w/ his athleticism I think he'd be perfect.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'd rather see him at 280-285 and more of a SDE, which we really need. ltraz thinks he's not built for SDE (per previous discussions), but w/ his athleticism I think he'd be perfect.

If Mullen can sweet talk mama, we could land Princely. He is an SDE with the frame to add plenty of weight. That adds another big body along the defensive front.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
If Mullen can sweet talk mama, we could land Princely. He is an SDE with the frame to add plenty of weight. That adds another big body along the defensive front.

I'm not holding my breath on him, but yeah, it would be a nice addition.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
TOS is reporting that WR commit Leonard Manuel is now not taking an OV this weekend. Hopefully we can hang onto Britt and/or Beckwith.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

This article, from a typical uber pumper "writer", is pretty depressing, even if unsurprising, for NSD (the only hope being that Spivey is wrong so often he is like the young Buddy Martin in shape and accuracy):

Youngace: Give us your thoughts on the chance using percentages you think we have to land the prospects left on board:

AS: Gibbs-10%- I believe distance from home and his familiarity with Georgia Tech wins out.

Clayton-50/50- If Florida pushes for Clayton then I like the Gators chances.

Beckwith-80%- It could be even higher than 80 percent honestly.

Sedrick Van Pran-30%- Van Pran was able to get comfortable with the Georgia staff again over the weekend during his trip. I think one trip to Gainesville will just be too much to overcome for the Gators.

Princely-60%- If this decision was just up to Princely than the Gators would have an even higher chance as the defensive end loves Gainesville.

Tae-70%- If Avantae doesn’t end up visiting Georgia like he says than these chances go up even higher. Having Lorenzo Lingard in Gainesville helps the Gators even more.

OklahomaGator: Do you see any staff changes after NSD?

AS: Right now, I don’t unless someone gets hired away for another job. If I was a betting man though, I think everyone will be back next year on staff.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The problem with a lot of these kids are with their handlers. By all accounts Beckwith wants to come here, but at least one family member is pushing him elsewhere. Cox was reported to have wanted to transfer over a year ago, but handlers got in the way. Is it any wonder the transfer portal is so popular. Not saying UF would recruit any better, but there are a lot of kids affected by 3rd parties

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Yeah I think Beckwith is trending away because of his brother being a PWO at UT...although it’s funny how we can’t make family always work for us...if it does with Lingard that’s almost worth the bad things that have happened getting Him and Williams

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Yeah I think Beckwith is trending away because of his brother being a PWO at UT...although it’s funny how we can’t make family always work for us...if it does with Lingard that’s almost worth the bad things that have happened getting Him and Williams
Here is what bothers me about Linhard/Williams. If my cousin and I were in this circumstance, I might go to UM just to show him that I could do what he failed at. All depends on the dynamic between cousins.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Lingard failed at a trash program...you would risk being a bottom feeder in the ACC to prove a point? Maybe I’m just naive because I don’t have any cousins or siblings that I’m close with...but jeez that would be so self destructive

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He's got RB experience = a speeding 250 lbs? He'd be a different Wildcat (which he did in high school as smashing in for TDs).

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Junk 247.

Rivals had Spikes as a 5*

NOT a 5* on Rivals but yes on 247:
Driskel
Josh Shaw
Brantley