Recruiting 2020 Recruiting Thread: Gervon Dexter gets 5th Star on Rivals

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
We're taking two QBs no matter what. If AR does not want to compete with another high rated QB then we do not want him.
Are you serious? AR was all Gator until the recruiting staff fell in love with a Bama recruit--which doesn't even fit our offense! What kind of message does that send?

leogator

May 5, 2018
Are you serious? AR was all Gator until the recruiting staff fell in love with a Bama recruit--which doesn't even fit our offense! What kind of message does that send?
He knew we were taking another QB. Beck had not even committed to us. We were talking to him.

So if we need 2 QBs we're not going to take two because somebody's feelings might or might not be hurt? You want us to deceive him by having a silent commit at his position and wait until after AR signs with us to take him?

Last edited:

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
He knew we were taking another QB. Beck had not even committed to us. We were talking to him.

So if we need 2 QBs we're not going to take two because somebody's feelings might or might not be hurt? You want us to deceive him by having a silent commit at his position and wait until after AR commits to take him?
So if you were AR, what would you think about UF persuing Beck?

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Beck's QB coach was on Gator's Breakdown. Worth a listen. He said that UF spent as much or more time with Richardson. Had nothing but praise for AR calling him beyond elite when talking about raw talent. Also said that he may start working with AR soon. Said AR made huge strides over the last year and that he has old school work ethic. Has some work to do, but could be a legit Heisman contender if he can work through some things.

He also said that he thinks whoever loses the QB battle this spring will transfer. Said that Mullen had to meet Franks halfway, and that he really throttled back the offense to allow Franks to work. His opinion was that Mullen will choose whoever he doesn't want to lose. Also, he made it abundantly clear that this was just his opinion with no inside knowledge.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Beck's QB coach was on Gator's Breakdown. Worth a listen. He said that UF spent as much or more time with Richardson. Had nothing but praise for AR calling him beyond elite when talking about raw talent. Also said that he may start working with AR soon. Said AR made huge strides over the last year and that he has old school work ethic. Has some work to do, but could be a legit Heisman contender if he can work through some things.

He also said that he thinks whoever loses the QB battle this spring will transfer. Said that Mullen had to meet Franks halfway, and that he really throttled back the offense to allow Franks to work. His opinion was that Mullen will choose whoever he doesn't want to lose. Also, he made it abundantly clear that this was just his opinion with no inside knowledge.

its a good listen

leogator

May 5, 2018

We stand to lose 2 QBs after this spring, the loser of E. Jones and Franks battle and Trask. That's why you need to take 2 QBs or one and a transfer. You don't want to find yourself in FSU's shoes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We stand to lose 2 QBs after this spring, the loser of E. Jones and Franks battle and Trask
That is losing one QB and a walkon.

Even Saban cant land two QBs. Hell he ended up offering a scholly to a walkon level kid last year when he missed on EJ.

Your atupid level is strong on this. I guess I admire you "go down with the ship" mindset though.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I blame the coaches for even putting any stock into this kid. He don't fit the system that Mullen wants to run so why go after him at all. It would be like him going after a fullback it's a waste of a scholarship. Hopefully they learn from this for next time they are doing the same thing. Unless it's the #1 player once in a lifetime type of player we should never go after a pro style Qb.
Perhaps they panicked when they realized that Trask was the only guy in the QB room who could pass.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
That is losing one QB and a walkon.

Even Saban cant land two QBs. Hell he ended up offering a scholly to a walkon level kid last year when he missed on EJ.

Your atupid level is strong on this. I guess I admire you "go down with the ship" mindset though.

I'm in full agreement that we're not getting two qbs in this class, unless one is extremely low ranked. But.....Saban signed two in this last class: Tua's brother and Bear Bryant's grandson. So, unless Spurrier or Tebow's long lost little brother are out there, we probably get one. I'm not sure why Leo keeps beating that drum. If we sign one per year it's not an issue if one transfers here and there. Sure, having 4 scholarship qbs is nice, but it doesn't always happen.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Resident Ass Clown facepalms anybody that disagrees with him. I wonder what happens when he loses a case? Flings poop like a monkey?
You've been acting like an assclown the last couple days, that's why you've been getting facepalms.. It's what happens when people disagree with you. Welcome to the internet.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm in full agreement that we're not getting two qbs in this class, unless one is extremely low ranked. But.....Saban signed two in this last class: Tua's brother and Bear Bryant's grandson. So, unless Spurrier or Tebow's long lost little brother are out there, we probably get one. I'm not sure why Leo keeps beating that drum. If we sign one per year it's not an issue if one transfers here and there. Sure, having 4 scholarship qbs is nice, but it doesn't always happen.
In this day and age, and this offense, will have emergency QB's. Right now we have Toney and Jaylin Jackson. I believe one of our WR commits for '21 is Vanguard's QB. We're not asking them to run the fun 'n gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator