Gator Baseball 2021 Gators Baseball Season

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Wow what a total destruction by Cowbell of all schools of pitching tradition rich Vandy, holy crap total annilation 9- ZIPPOLO and ONLY 1 hit for Vandy. Cowbell's first NC in any sport for their school. How in the F can this happen?
I think it was summed up best by the State coach in the post game interview when he said "our kids are tough". It also didn't hurt that the entire Miss St fan base drove to Omaha to make that field a homefield for the Diamond Dawgs. We can't even fill our stadium right there in G-ville.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I see @Jbossgator8 weighed in and am shocked he did not declare UF nat'l champs. After all UF did defeat Vandy in a 3 game series during the regular season and beat Cowbell in one SEC tourney game. Hell, when the matchup was set in Omaha I would have thought @Jbossgator8 would have told them to cancel the series and send the trophy to UF

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Ive often wondered how ucf fans really think they were national champs. I now realize it's pretty obvious. They are just a bunch of jbosstards. Transitive property championships matter!!!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NO WHERE in my post did I declare UF the champs so that is totally false and stupid to say the least just like UCF.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
NO WHERE in my post did I declare UF the champs so that is totally false and stupid to say the least just like UCF.

Reading is fundamental. No where in my post did I mention that you said/wrote that. I wrote that I was shocked/surprised that you did NOT mention it. Once again, reading is fundamental.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Honest question:

Did any details come out about the alleged racial slur incident?
Common sense says that it would be very easy in today’s world to find out who did this and yet I have seen nothing new other than the accusations and the over the top condemnations from everyone.

Did this really happen or will Vandy be changing their mascot to the Smollets?

Seriously, if details have come out verifying what happened, please advise because I can’t help but be a Doubting Thomas on this one.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Honest question:

Did any details come out about the alleged racial slur incident?
Common sense says that it would be very easy in today’s world to find out who did this and yet I have seen nothing new other than the accusations and the over the top condemnations from everyone.

Did this really happen or will Vandy be changing their mascot to the Smollets?

Seriously, if details have come out verifying what happened, please advise because I can’t help but be a Doubting Thomas on this one.

I have nothing concrete on this topic, but I know it is innocent until proven guilty in America. However, have you ever been to Missippi (as they say)? I have, many times, family there and I would have to say guilty until proven innocent in this instance.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have nothing concrete on this topic, but I know it is innocent until proven guilty in America. However, have you ever been to Missippi (as they say)? I have, many times, family there and I would have to say guilty until proven innocent in this instance.

Understood.

My point is that in this day and age even a Mississippi cracker knows better than to shout out slurs in a large, public setting because they would be easily identified by people around them.

In addition, video technology makes it possible to isolate any individual and any individual act. Given all the posturing and virtue signaling that followed this act, one would think that the alleged culprit(s) would have been identified and publicly shamed within 24 hours.

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Sounds like there is some thought that Jud Fabian may return next year (though far, far from guaranteed). This is a quote from ESPN's recent mock draft (2021 MLB Mock Draft 3.0 - Kiley McDaniel predicts the first two rounds (espn.com))

i

21. Chicago Cubs

Jud Fabian, CF, Florida

The Cubs are also looking at Trey Sweeney, Frank Mozzicato and Colson Montgomery along with Fabian, who may be asking for mid-first-round money and is seen as a threat to return to school.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Sounds like there is some thought that Jud Fabian may return next year (though far, far from guaranteed). This is a quote from ESPN's recent mock draft (2021 MLB Mock Draft 3.0 - Kiley McDaniel predicts the first two rounds (espn.com))

i

21. Chicago Cubs

Jud Fabian, CF, Florida

The Cubs are also looking at Trey Sweeney, Frank Mozzicato and Colson Montgomery along with Fabian, who may be asking for mid-first-round money and is seen as a threat to return to school.

I don't see Fabian returning just b/c of the risk. With that said, I will say this past season Fabian was a huge disappointment. Yes I know he had a zillion HR's but here is what I mean. I have called Fabian the best defensive CF I have ever seen at UF and we have had some very good ones like Corselletti, Den Dekker, Reed, etc. But this past season by Fabian standards, he was awful. Perhaps it was b/c he was trying to channel his inner Willie Mays and also become a HR hitter. Well all it did was hurt his defense, made it look like his first name started with the letter K (b/c of all the strikeouts), and not allow him to learn to put the ball in play. He could perhaps improve his draft status, but 1st round is 1st round and I think most teams will feel they can fix his mindset and let him know that he will never be or have to be another Willie Mays.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I don't see Fabian returning just b/c of the risk. With that said, I will say this past season Fabian was a huge disappointment. Yes I know he had a zillion HR's but here is what I mean. I have called Fabian the best defensive CF I have ever seen at UF and we have had some very good ones like Corselletti, Den Dekker, Reed, etc. But this past season by Fabian standards, he was awful. Perhaps it was b/c he was trying to channel his inner Willie Mays and also become a HR hitter. Well all it did was hurt his defense, made it look like his first name started with the letter K (b/c of all the strikeouts), and not allow him to learn to put the ball in play. He could perhaps improve his draft status, but 1st round is 1st round and I think most teams will feel they can fix his mindset and let him know that he will never be or have to be another Willie Mays.

Teams may be reluctant to use a first round pick if there is a chance he may return for another year. I am not familiar with his relationship with his brother that has committed to UF but there is speculation that he wants to join his brother at UF for a year.

I think UF's best center fielder was Den Dekker.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Agree completely

I thought Fabian was the barometer for a very disappointing season. Fabian’s overall performance was indicative of the entire team in that he did some good things (home runs) but failed in other areas(batting average, catching fly balls) that resulted in a below expectations year and even a below average year.

I would love to see him return but I doubt it happens

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Andrew Painter selected by Phillies, 1st round, 13th overall selection. Fairly safe to say he won;t be on campus this fall.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

This may be very interesting that Fabian did not even get selected with any of the compensatory picks after the 1st round. However Jay Allen, the recruit who was penciled in as CF for the next few years was drafted #30 so he probably will not make it to campus. Fabian's status will be worth watching.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
You are correct, and nowhere did he say that you did. Hence the use of his word "shocked" that you didn't.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
This may be very interesting that Fabian did not even get selected with any of the compensatory picks after the 1st round. However Jay Allen, the recruit who was penciled in as CF for the next few years was drafted #30 so he probably will not make it to campus. Fabian's status will be worth watching.
His inability of have a consistent bat is killing him. Better fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator