Recruiting 2022 Post-ESD Recruiting Thread: 4* DE Jack Pyburn commits

Status
Not open for further replies.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Sister-in-law said she was in G’ville yesterday and saw Emmett at Sonny’s on Archer. He have a year left? :)

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I don't really care. The double standard bothers me though. If a player can commit and decommit, which is their right, then when an offer gets pulled, they should STFU. I'll go a step further, since this has become about money, I'd say if a kid doesn't pan out just cut him, send him packing. That's where they have taken it, so let them take all of it. I mean they get to transfer from lesser schools if they pan out, so why not cut them if they don't.

Conversely, I feel the same about the NFL. Irritates me to hear owners and coaches b!tch about hold out and honoring contracts, when they cut and cancel contracts all the time. Just cut out all the double standard crap.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

And I'm completely serious about cutting them. College football is a business now. All you have to do is look at Travis Hunter. Most of these kids don't belong in college to begin with. They are here for money now. If they aren't panning out just cut them. No need to force them out or put them on permanent IR, just cut them and move on.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
And I'm completely serious about cutting them. College football is a business now. All you have to do is look at Travis Hunter. Most of these kids don't belong in college to begin with. They are here for money now. If they aren't panning out just cut them. No need to force them out or put them on permanent IR, just cut them and move on.
Already can do if the coaches want to.
"Athletic scholarships can be guaranteed for four years, but it's not the norm. The NCAA has allowed colleges to provide multiyear scholarships since 2012. ... Most athletic scholarships are only guaranteed for one year, but they are generally renewed annually."

TaterGator

Mmmm Taters
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2014
Already can do if the coaches want to.
"Athletic scholarships can be guaranteed for four years, but it's not the norm. The NCAA has allowed colleges to provide multiyear scholarships since 2012. ... Most athletic scholarships are only guaranteed for one year, but they are generally renewed annually."
Dang it, was just about to post this.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't mind if they got rid of ALL athletic scholarships. College s/b about academics, drinking and getting laid. If you enjoy sports then tryout for the team.

The whole system has been out of wack for decades.

(of course ... if BN makes it fun to be a fan again ... then I'm OK too :) )

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Damn, I just knew traz was gonna get sent to Ox-schwitz for a few days.

I guess our fearless leader is goin soft…

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
So....Etienne on the 8th?
Yes...8 Jan at AA Bowl.

Trevor Etienne just received a CB to Florida. Lots of speculation that Etienne already signed and just waiting until his announcement to reveal it but who knows. The CB was from Blake Aldermann and he only gave it a 6 rating. I think that is more about drumming up some clicks during a slow week than anything else.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Yes...8 Jan at AA Bowl.

Trevor Etienne just received a CB to Florida. Lots of speculation that Etienne already signed and just waiting until his announcement to reveal it but who knows. The CB was from Blake Aldermann and he only gave it a 6 rating. I think that is more about drumming up some clicks during a slow week than anything else.

Lot of rumors that he's signed. We shall see. Need another back definitely so hopefully him or Citizen is it

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes...8 Jan at AA Bowl.

I'd say Blake is very cautious w/ his picks. He has close to a 90% success rate on his picks - and he only makes a handful of picks a year (less than 40 or so - including UF and other schools). Some of the 247 clowns make over 100 picks/year and have a 50-60% success rate. This is likely a very solid pick by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator