Recruiting 2022 Post-ESD Recruiting Thread: 4* DE Jack Pyburn commits

Status
Not open for further replies.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Easy start you say .
Start with a Rose Bowl team, then play Ky. A team that beat us this year and is getting better.
Going to Tn will not be a cake walk, LSU,GA AND A&M nuff said then play SCE a team that handed us our chit last year.
Just saying our schedule is no cakewalk next year.

Ps forgot mizzu
Zook went to the Rose bowl too. Mullen is gone, so UK should never scare us again. 22 schedule is far from a gauntlet.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The WR from Texas has gotten CB's from 247 and On3 today - Caleb Douglas.

I'm fine w/ this take - as it seems our passing attack won't be overly potent. But I just don't understand why they let Gibson walk.

Caleb Douglas - Hightower - WR
I think it's a good take. Napier seems to like big possession receivers. I think the passing game is gonna be more potent than some expect.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I didn’t ask you to leave.

You normally don’t freak out like this. Is everything okay?

No one said he was out of line or over the top. All I did was disagree with the narrative that this staff “ran off’ Gibson. He can believe what he wants to believe.

So is “freaking out” different from “over the top”? Asking for my friend @Durty South Swamp

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Who knows on the Gibson stuff. I will trust this staff as they have done more over the last month than what the Mullenites did over a period of years. I would tend to think Gibson did get a call of some sort. If he was asked to provide additional information........then someone from UF contacted them to ask. They didn't like appear to like it. Maybe got insulted, but if no problem, why the drama? I have ZERO problems with the new coach questioning and VETTING everything that the prior staff did, or did not do. Who knows for what reason he walked, but have a hard time believing that NO phone call was sent or some communication. But something sparked this staff to question it. With the way they have pursued recruits, it makes you think.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I just find the butt-hurt funny. Ox is on a journey to turn this into swampgas!! "Trust the coaches!!"

What if...just what if...a Top 100 Player has a "tainted" back-ground?

Asking for a friend

OIP.JmymmIHVuB0degqS7f2j2QHaKl

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Zook went to the Rose bowl too. Mullen is gone, so UK should never scare us again. 22 schedule is far from a gauntlet.
Not a gauntlet but in my view 9 of the first 10 games could go either way and that’s saying we stay with ga and a&m.
Billy will get us there but with the talent level he has now especially at receiver,online and dline I think 8-4 next year would be a good job by the new guys.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
The kids story is already changing. After telling everyone he never heard from anyone at UF, now the story changes that UF recruiting assistants did actually contact him and ask him for the work out tapes but it bothered him that it was not Napier calling him.

“(Napier) was asking people to work out and send workout videos,” Gibson said here at Under Armour All-America Game practices. “I didn’t have a problem with that necessarily but it wasn’t even him who was delivering the message. I didn’t talk to Napier, not one time. Never spoken to him before. He was having recruiting assistants deliver the message. He never called me.

In my mind, I’m not important to him so I’ll just decommit. No person on the new staff hit me up or talked to me so obviously they didn’t want me. There’s no point in me waiting and staying committed when I have so many other options of great schools to go to. I thought it was the best decision to just decommit.

Rivals.com - Four-star Jayden Gibson found the right fit at Oklahoma
What's the over under on how many more times the story changes?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
There are a whole lot of missing facts to tell the whole story. Hopefully they leak out eventually because it is weird to go after a 3* WR in texas while letting a 4* legacy leave. However, what we do know is that the Gibson's aren't really being totally honest.

So its a fact that UF did contact Gibson based on Gibson's own words. The Gibson's went from blasting UF for never contacting them to they were indeed contacted but it wasn't from Coach Napier.

Coach Napier was hired on 28 Nov, wore two hats (gators and cajuns) from 28 Nov to 4 Dec.

Between 28 Nov and 4 Dec, UF recruiting assistants contact current commits and ask for work out tapes.

Coach Napier meets with Nicco Evers and on 7 Dec Evers decommits.

Gibson and Evers talk and Gibson decommits on 8 Dec.

Gibson and Evers commit to OU on 13 December.

Personally, I think the two got angry that they couldn't EE and were asked to wait. They took less than 5 days to go from Florida to OU. Their angry outbursts at UF and Coach Napier on social media after the fact of committing, signing and enrolling at OU also raises some flags doesn't it? If they are so happy at OU why do they keep perpetuating this story?

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
What's the over under on how many more times the story changes?
The kids story is already changing. After telling everyone he never heard from anyone at UF, now the story changes that UF recruiting assistants did actually contact him and ask him for the work out tapes but it bothered him that it was not Napier calling him.

“(Napier) was asking people to work out and send workout videos,” Gibson said here at Under Armour All-America Game practices. “I didn’t have a problem with that necessarily but it wasn’t even him who was delivering the message. I didn’t talk to Napier, not one time. Never spoken to him before. He was having recruiting assistants deliver the message. He never called me.

In my mind, I’m not important to him so I’ll just decommit. No person on the new staff hit me up or talked to me so obviously they didn’t want me. There’s no point in me waiting and staying committed when I have so many other options of great schools to go to. I thought it was the best decision to just decommit.

Rivals.com - Four-star Jayden Gibson found the right fit at Oklahoma

Sounds like a DEVA to me. A new coach trying to hire a new staff and recruit...Do you think he might be busy? But this is America today.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Sounds like a DEVA to me. A new coach trying to hire a new staff and recruit...Do you think he might be busy? But this is America today.
Gibs probably heard about all that NIL money a&m is throwing around and threw that in Billy’s face and Billy let him walk, which was probably the right thing to do.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Similar to the fervor for creating a scandal, where is the evidence of their drive to get included on this Gator team.? for supporting the Gators.? for supporting their ultra-busy HC.? Napier needs "right away" constructive contributions from the ground-floor athletes, i.e. full speed ahead.
In attacking Florida's HC, they are attacking every Gator player stretching for this Gator rebuild. Go to your school of choice and help them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator