Recruiting 2022 Post-ESD Recruiting Thread: 4* DE Jack Pyburn commits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

Timing is extremely interesting!
I can't imagine the two are related. Would Hopper really be worried about being beaten out by a true freshman?

Scared $ Don’t Make $

Jan 17, 2022

I can't imagine the two are related. Would Hopper really be worried about being beaten out by a true freshman?

Hopper probably got wind Perkins was coming and didn’t want to risk being beaten out by a freshmen. Perkins is the highest rated player in this class. They will find a way to get him on the field. Hopper knows this plus he has no ties to this staff so his comfort level isn’t there. They didn’t recruit him. I’ll bet in a few days we see he signs with Auburn.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Clearly he's underestimating the power of the sling blade.
Perkins has made it clear he's going to the highest bidder. If that's us, it would be the turnaround of the century. UF believed that putting a fresh coat of paint on bare cinderblock walls was a "renovation" just a few short months ago.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Perkins has made it clear he's going to the highest bidder. If that's us, it would be the turnaround of the century. UF believed that putting a fresh coat of paint on bare cinderblock walls was a "renovation" just a few short months ago.

You could be right. I don't have any secret knowledge about the kid. Or...we could actually be witnessing real change around here. Time will tell.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
If he comes, it's quite a statement for what's been accomplished.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I still think the timing is coincidental, unless Perkins coming caused the staff to push Hopper out.
Imo if the staff wanted/needed to push someone out to make room for Perkins, it would be someone who hasn't shown much at LB. We have a few of those. Hopper was really coming along at the end of the year. I still think Hopper's deal is either he doesn't want to work as hard as the new regime expects the players to, or he's had someone in his ear about playing somewhere else (C. Rob). Can't imagine the new staff pushing someone like Hopper out unless he has some kind of attitude issues they don't want to deal with.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Imo if the staff wanted/needed to push someone out to make room for Perkins, it would be someone who hasn't shown much at LB. We have a few of those. Hopper was really coming along at the end of the year. I still think Hopper's deal is either he doesn't want to work as hard as the new regime expects the players to, or he's had someone in his ear about playing somewhere else (C. Rob). Can't imagine the new staff pushing someone like Hopper out unless he has some kind of attitude issues they don't want to deal with.
I actually don't see them pushing him out either.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Social media stuff which is out of my comfort zone. But, Perkins uncle is talking up the corn dogs. My guess is the decommittment is a final effort to jack up the money offers.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Perkins story on IG has a pic of the starting 2024 defense for Florida with his name (and several other big targets) on it.

We either getting trolled hard or we back. I dont like that he is visiting LSU with JMathews this weekend.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Perkins story on IG has a pic of the starting 2024 defense for Florida with his name (and several other big targets) on it.

We either getting trolled hard or we back. I dont like that he is visiting LSU with JMathews this weekend.

What Dalvin Criminole did was a troll job. This is a kid playing everyone for the purpose of making as much money as he can. Both are a headache. But, at least he is being clear about his intentions. If he is trolling, this is trolling all of the big programs so he can sign with Prime.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Just committed.

"The biggest reason I chose Florida was because of the people at the University of Florida. From the moment I met everyone and all the coaches, it just felt like family. It seemed as if we already knew each other. Aside from that, it doesn’t get much better than the University of Florida. Being able to play in the SEC and the opportunity to be coached by men who have played and coached both in college and the NFL is a humbling experience. I am honored to be a part of the program."
Just not sure if we looking at him as TE or DL.

Can we just call him Andy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.